Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Every time I watch a show or movie about football.   They’re Usually way off in terminology, make no logical sense (he’s taking my spot, bro there can be more than 1 wide receiver) and they’re too cheap to pay for extras so usually there’s like 19 players on a team 

Same thing for me with any show or movie about oil and gas stuff, or legal stuff.

Case in point:  I recently watched “Dark Winds” on AMC because I loved the Hillerman books back in the day. One of the plot points was an explosion at the “derrick.”  The equipment in the shot was a pump jack. Which blew up because they were drilling through uranium, or something like that.

And the AIM-inspired Native American group was seeking to stop the mineral exploration by buying up the surface. But that’s not how mineral rights work. And if there were minerals on the Navajo Reservation they’re Tribal anyway. Etc., etc.

Loosely followed the Hillerman book “Listening Woman.”  Watchable because of that, but some of the acting was turrbull. Also watchable for me because most of the outside shots were where I lived, played, and worked everyday when I was young. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Atxracer said:

Kids in planes….oops, that was mine.

Kids in planes that have nothing to do...

Luckily my wife always had puzzles, workbooks and toys for the kids to play while on the plane. 

Kids who are shits on the plan usually come down to the parents.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Kids in planes that have nothing to do...

Luckily my wife always had puzzles, workbooks and toys for the kids to play while on the plane. 

Kids who are shits on the plan usually come down to the parents.

Not all of us have Asian parenting skills. 

• Haha 1

On 7/22/2022 at 1:53 PM, HouTex said:

Dumbshits that for some reason assume every lobby-level elevator is empty and block people trying to leave the elevator.  Some of them even try to get in the elevator before everyone has gotten out. 

I actually like this when I'm feeling surly.  Gives me the opportunity to just shoulder check the bitchez out of the way.  And whenever I do that, which is less than once/year, none of them ever complain.  Almost like they know they are screwups and getting what they deserve.

8 hours ago, shakahorn said:

I actually like this when I'm feeling surly.  Gives me the opportunity to just shoulder check the bitchez out of the way.  And whenever I do that, which is less than once/year, none of them ever complain.  Almost like they know they are screwups and getting what they deserve.

Look everybody, Internet tough guy. 

Fire ants make me surly. Pics below are a small sampling of the approx 50 bites I got while replacing sprinkler heads in my yard  9D20DE85-86BE-40F2-967D-079B661EFFCA.thumb.jpeg.841a3f4b92a2198075924447bb403a83.jpegBAB71F0D-AB1E-49A6-9C2A-58BD16FC0FDD.thumb.jpeg.15741bb7a475eb44f3228f79a6ceaacf.jpeg

https://www.texasmonthly.com/travel/fire-ants-from-hell/

That article was from 1988, about 6 years after I first learned about fire ants. 34 years later, here we are. 

Edited by nnm

17 minutes ago, nnm said:

I wish. Would be more pleasant than fire ants. 

"Things I don't miss from living in SE Texas" for $500, Alex.

My posit for the thread today:

Nails/ screws in a parking lot, see also: gum on the sidewalk/ parking lot.

Fuck you people who don't give a fuck about others, and may you burn in hell.

On 7/23/2022 at 3:38 PM, 52-80 said:

people referring to all/any parts of the netherlands as holland

George: What is Holland?

Jerry: What do you mean, 'what is it?' It's a country right next to Belgium.

George: No, that's the Netherlands.

Jerry: Holland *is* the Netherlands.

George: Then who are the Dutch?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheeseweasel said:

George: What is Holland?

Jerry: What do you mean, 'what is it?' It's a country right next to Belgium.

George: No, that's the Netherlands.

Jerry: Holland *is* the Netherlands.

George: Then who are the Dutch?

There are two things I can’t stand in the world: People who are intolerant of other people’s cultures, and the Dutch.

• Like 1

Fire ants make me surly. Pics below are a small sampling of the approx 50 bites I got while replacing sprinkler heads in my yard  9D20DE85-86BE-40F2-967D-079B661EFFCA.thumb.jpeg.841a3f4b92a2198075924447bb403a83.jpegBAB71F0D-AB1E-49A6-9C2A-58BD16FC0FDD.thumb.jpeg.15741bb7a475eb44f3228f79a6ceaacf.jpeg
https://www.texasmonthly.com/travel/fire-ants-from-hell/

That article was from 1988, about 6 years after I first learned about fire ants. 34 years later, here we are. 

Apply vinegar right after being bit. Greatly reduces swelling so you don't scare women and children with your hideous swollen hands.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, DaysOff said:

I'm stranded at Dulles for 4 hours and it appears the place only sells Pepsi products. Did Gym Jordan take over operations? Did I enter an Ohio wormhole? No wonder our government doesn't function.

Ohio State only sells Coke products in its sports and entertainment facilities. 

These twitchy, herky-jerky MFers that shake their legs up and down while sitting at a bar or at a table.  Looks like they’re working double kick drums like a Neil Peart Double Live at Budokan drum solo.   

Settle down already.  No wonder your parents beat you. 

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, deadshank said:

These twitchy, herky-jerky MFers that shake their legs up and down while sitting at a bar or at a table.  Looks like they’re working double kick drums like a Neil Peart Double Live at Budokan drum solo.   

Settle down already.  No wonder your parents beat you. 

I was in a beach side bar in Oceanside with some other Marines and a guy came in, sat down, then started twitching his legs like frog legs in a hot pan.  I wondered two things: what is he on, and how many of John Wesley Hardin's victims just happened to do that around him and that set him off?  Wierd and annoying.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1