Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

20 hours ago, Litig8r said:

fragrances   My legal assistant has breathing issues and cologne, perfume or scented lotions and shit can put her in the hospital.  We have signs on our doors, tell clients when we set appointments and put in our emails telling folks not wear fragrances.  Some just blow it off and we have to tell them to leave and reschedule or figure out a way to keep them and their choice of funk out of my assistant's lungs.  No along comes this vile shit https://www.amazon.com/TYLER-Glamour-Laundry-Detergent-Maintenance/dp/B002GDZD8S/ref=asc_df_B002GDZD8S/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=216559542401&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17722287368826191025&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1015109&hvtargid=pla-378560610606&psc=1   

I was on the tennis court the other day and someone who parked five courts away got out of their truck and I could smell that shit.  

I get a little cologne when you are going out for an evening but damnit, you don't need a 1/2 of bottle of any shit.

I don't have any breathing issues, but I have a better sense of smell than most, and the people who deliberately bathe in various odors are often more offensive to me than people who just stink. 

Every time I stay at a Marriott property, I make sure to tell the front desk that the lobby smells like the cleaning staff spilled an unpleasant cleaning product somewhere. It's actually their "signature scent" called Subtle Sophistication, but it is neither subtle nor sophisticated. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Click here to unsubscribe to our emails

Hide contents

Ha!  We kid of course.  You can never unsubscribe.  

Think I may have already posted it earlier in this thread, but it taking "up to 2 weeks to remove you from our mailing list" after unsubscribing. No, it fucking does not, we are in a modern digital world.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2022 at 12:19 PM, Armybrat said:

Stroking Mrs. Brat’s thighs early in the morning, but she says “Not now, I have to get up and get ready to go to church to help count the Sunday collection”.

Dammit Brat, just blew Red Bull out of my nose and that shit burns like a mother fucker.

• Haha 1

On 9/28/2022 at 8:04 AM, Prepuce of Doom said:

I don't have any breathing issues, but I have a better sense of smell than most, and the people who deliberately bathe in various odors are often more offensive to me than people who just stink. 

Every time I stay at a Marriott property, I make sure to tell the front desk that the lobby smells like the cleaning staff spilled an unpleasant cleaning product somewhere. It's actually their "signature scent" called Subtle Sophistication, but it is neither subtle nor sophisticated. 

Mrs. Brat despises the cologne/perfume crap that so many people drench themselves with. Gives her a headache if she’s around it for just a few minutes.

• Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Got this a couple of weeks ago. Seems to last 2+ months. So it's pretty rare that we have throw it out. d05024546dcc9a2c29e57b8344848412.jpg1b6f1d3bd6f4446377cb772d8174a306.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

You obviously don’t have teenage boys in the house. Mine’s grown now, but when he was here, having buddies over, a gallon of milk would last 2 days, max. My brother and I used to go through a gallon I a day I think. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nnm said:

You obviously don’t have teenage boys in the house. Mine’s grown now, but when he was here, having buddies over, a gallon of milk would last 2 days, max. My brother and I used to go through a gallon I a day I think. 

Oh you're damn right. I have a 25 year old so I remember those days. Currently, 3 and 9 year olds. We're in that in between stage with milk, Old enough to not drink much, young enough to not go through 5 boxes of cereal in a setting. Right now, milk is mostly used for cooking

• Like 1

I was on GOMAD during 8th and 9th grade. Probably a 3L of coke every other day on top of that.
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 12:29 PM, Superhero said:

Bought some uh... toys from an online store, and now the ads are following me everywhere.

Nothing like reading AP News and getting an ad for a vibrator...

How many other sites do I have to visit before I can let my kids use my computer again?.

2 weeks later, I've dumped all my cookies and browsing history, and the ads are still showing up but not as frequent. What's pissing me off is it's showing up on my work computer as well. I really don't know how to shake them off my tail. Any suggestions?

2 weeks later, I've dumped all my cookies and browsing history, and the ads are still showing up but not as frequent. What's pissing me off is it's showing up on my work computer as well. I really don't know how to shake them off my tail. Any suggestions?
Do you use your work computer on the same network as your personal? They are cross referencing your digital footprint on these devices. Even using a VPN doesn't always work. These ads are becoming much more invasive as time goes on.

If you are using Windows, go into your privacy settings and see if an option is checked called Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps.
  • Hook 'Em 1

We switched to getting organic milk. The expiration dates are like 2-3 months. 

It’s not that it’s organic. It’s because it’s UHT ultra high temp pasteurized milk. It gives refrigerated milk an unopened shelf life of like 2 months. It’s also the process that allows for room temperature shelf stable milk with really long expiration dates.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just put your laptop in a drill press and drill a few holes through it. Then get a new laptop.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Do you use your work computer on the same network as your personal? They are cross referencing your digital footprint on these devices. Even using a VPN doesn't always work. These ads are becoming much more invasive as time goes on.

If you are using Windows, go into your privacy settings and see if an option is checked called Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps.

Yes, I work from home once in a while, on the same network as my personal computer.

I just turned off all the privacy options. Going to do it on my work computer. Hopefully that works. Thanks.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

It’s not that it’s organic. It’s because it’s UHT ultra high temp pasteurized milk. It gives refrigerated milk an unopened shelf life of like 2 months. It’s also the process that allows for room temperature shelf stable milk with really long expiration dates.

I did not know that. The More You Know gif

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Grocery stores who stock their shelves in this manner… 

005B3FB9-D3E7-40E4-AAB0-667099251B0C.thumb.jpeg.cd4cb0fa5453734dd7c38f0cf366a959.jpeg

of course the yogurt I want is top shelf and in the very back…. GDit, Shaq wouldn’t be able to reach it.  

If it makes you feel any better, there are few items in the entire store that are more of a PITA than the yogurts to merchandise decently.  Looks like with all of the packaging innovation, a solution could be found... but then again, who's gonna pay for THAT?