Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

10 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
10 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:
Calculus is difficult. Getting people to understand an intersection with blinking red lights / blinking yellow lights if fucking impossible.
Stop stopping at the fucking blinking yellow and waving everyone thru like you are a fucking traffic cop. You are only making it worse.

4 way stops. Either no one wants to go or everyone wants to go at once. People have zero idea how these work.

Okay, so normally, in your head, you're gonna count-- When you see a stop sign, You're gonna count, one, two-- And I know you, you're not gonna do the three. You're gonna go, "one, two, go !" Boom, too soon. So what you need to say in your head Instead of "one, two, go" Is "one, two, no," okay ? Now, as you say that no, That, in turn, has taken up the third second. You see what I'm saying ? Then, you're gonna go, "four Put the pedal to the floor. "

Let's say everybody gets here all at once. If you all got here at the same time, well, y'all have the right of way. It's always the person on your right, but there's a person on my right. There's a person on my right. Nobody knows who's right. What you do in that situation is "g" and "r"-- Gun it and run it, and beat the other guy across. Okay ? That's lunch.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Calculus is difficult. Getting people to understand an intersection with blinking red lights / blinking yellow lights if fucking impossible.

Stop stopping at the fucking blinking yellow and waving everyone thru like you are a fucking traffic cop. You are only making it worse.

normalize roundabouts. no lights needed.

• Hook 'Em 3

How some restaurant apps don’t allow you to use more than 1 gift card per order(Olive Garden) or can’t use more than 1 reward per order(McDonald’s).

It’s like they don’t want you to pony them all up at once and actually feed an entire family for free.

Chick-fil-A does tho, because chickfilas awesome

21 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

How some restaurant apps don’t allow you to use more than 1 gift card per order(Olive Garden) or can’t use more than 1 reward per order(McDonald’s).

It’s like they don’t want you to pony them all up at once and actually feed an entire family for free.

Chick-fil-A does tho, because chickfilas awesome

beet.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

That will take care of itself eventually

The problem is that they will probably also take care of me as well.  I took the dogs to the dog park yesterday.  The park is near my mom's house, so we stopped by to check on her for a while.  Her neighborhood has a traffic light at the entrance and visibility is a little limited when exiting.   When we left, I was stopped at the light waiting for it to turn green.  When it turned green, I waited a few seconds to make sure and then started to pull out.  Of course, some nimrod comes blowing through the red light. I slam on my braked and the dogs go flying across the car.  This is a daily occurrence when driving in Houston.  Red lights are not even a suggestion to slow down any more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Some dumb bitch called me at work at 4:52 PM yesterday. Who does that?? If the clock reads almost 5, just wait till tomorrow. I remember as a teenager working at Best Buy, some fucker would always want to run into the store 5 mins before closing to buy a fucking CD. 

Waiting tables in college, we'd always get some fucker who'd walk in 10 minutes before close. 

Trust me, you won't like your food when the cooks/waiters have to stand around doing nothing waiting on the only table in the restaurant to leave.

• Hook 'Em 3

19 hours ago, Pokoloco said:

when I get a text: Hey, could you call me real quick?

No, motherfucker, it's 2023. Nobody needs need to talk to anyone ever again.

Disagree.

My wife will text me a bunch of times with *sometimes* important stuff and get mad if I don’t respond.

If it’s that important, call me. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Sandman said:

Some dumb bitch called me at work at 4:52 PM yesterday. Who does that?? If the clock reads almost 5, just wait till tomorrow. I remember as a teenager working at Best Buy, some fucker would always want to run into the store 5 mins before closing to buy a fucking CD. 

I do not answer my work phone after 30 minutes until quitting time.  Call back tomorrow.  Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/20/2023 at 5:43 PM, 52-80 said:

Had really well-rated moving company come and transfer all our shit across town today. 

The young workers were nice enough, but im discovering now a bunch of our furniture got minor scratches and damage, and some small shit like retaining clips for bookshelves got lost. 

What am I gonna do? call the company and demand $5 for each scratch? Make them search and replace small clips and pins? Fuck no thats petty…..but damn its annoying as hell. 

We moved into our house a few days before we got married. One of them stole my wedding band. It was just steel, so not expensive, but I had to go find a new ring right before the wedding.

On a side note, my oldest child got married when she was stationed in S. Korea. He was also going to be my best man and got into town a couple of days before. Turns out be both picked out the exact same wedding band.

19 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

On a side note, my oldest child got married when she was stationed in S. Korea. He was also going to be my best man and got into town a couple of days before. Turns out be both picked out the exact same wedding band.

Are you having a stroke?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

yeah, she is now a he. While I support her in that, it makes it impossible to type correctly. I can't fucking keep it straight anymore 

Now I am confused. When I read your original post I thought “he” was your new SIL that was going to be your best man for some odd reason. I didn’t even think about the “he” being the former “she”. My mind didn’t even go there.

Getting Old Sucks.
Oops. Wrong thread.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/20/2023 at 6:43 PM, 52-80 said:

Had really well-rated moving company come and transfer all our shit across town today. 

The young workers were nice enough, but im discovering now a bunch of our furniture got minor scratches and damage, and some small shit like retaining clips for bookshelves got lost. 

What am I gonna do? call the company and demand $5 for each scratch? Make them search and replace small clips and pins? Fuck no thats petty…..but damn its annoying as hell. 

You can buy those little dowels with the flat top in one side at Home Depot. 

12 hours ago, RPM said:

Having to to everything left handed including using a right handed mouse. That's a mind melter.

fractured my dominant hand in an accident and had to do computer-based work wrong-handed for a week…that was a complete bitch operating the mouse and pecking on the keyboard

also trying to wipe ass and shower one handed (with the other raised out of the way to avoid cast getting wet)….jesus christ

• Hook 'Em 1

When people ask you questions just for the sake of asking them - but questions that necessitate a specific answer like "what did you eat for lunch today?" or "what did you do this weekend?"

Who the fuck cares. I ate your mom's pussy and I fucked your mom. 

Also "what's your favorite kind of food?" or "what kind of music do you listen to?" like they're talking to a seven year old and expect some answer like SPAGHETTI!

3 hours ago, ztejas said:

When people ask you questions just for the sake of asking them - but questions that necessitate a specific answer like "what did you eat for lunch today?" or "what did you do this weekend?"

Also "what's your favorite kind of food?" or "what kind of music do you listen to?" like they're talking to a seven year old and expect some answer like SPAGHETTI!

Well, shit now I don't feel like I know you at all.

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

I like to eat, eat, apples and bananas

I concur with Ztejas on hating small talk.  I don't really give a flying fuck what someone esle thinks about the weather today.  It's the same for all of us.  STFU and deal with it.

The cost of kids summer programs…

My wife and I woke up at 4:58 to register for our kids’ summer camps. Registration started at 5, and past experience told us to do it EARLY or the kids would be home bound and bored throughout the summer.

Anyway, 5 weeks worth of camp set us back about $2500. Kids ain’t cheap. 

• Rage+1 1