Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

16 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

While on a flight people that use the back of the seat in front of them as a support for getting up and sitting down. Use the armrest on your own seat to raise and lower yourself.

I would like to not be launched out of my seat by the recoil.

my friend used my cars center console armrest to push himself out of the car.  motherfucker just pull the door or use your legs like a normal person

On 6/14/2023 at 4:06 AM, beer said:

That is untexan.  Place should burn. 

Found out last Sunday that flour tortillas no longer are no longer included with full sized meals/entrées at Jalepeno Tree. It used to be you got 2 per person, but now if you don't ask, you don't get.

Edited by SHOOTER12

Yesterday at HEB, I got in line behind a woman who had placed her items in four separate piles.  I figured she was a personal shopper and all the lines were pretty full so I thought it would go pretty quickly.   She then proceeded to pay for each pile separately (like I expected) but then she got $50 in cash (max allowed at HEB per transaction) each time.   So instead of walking 10 feet from the register to the ATM and spending a whopping $2.50 for the fee to get $200, she spent her time (and mine) doing individual transactions.   

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Macanudo said:

Yesterday at HEB, I got in line behind a woman who had placed her items in four separate piles.  I figured she was a personal shopper and all the lines were pretty full so I thought it would go pretty quickly.   She then proceeded to pay for each pile separately (like I expected) but then she got $50 in cash (max allowed at HEB per transaction) each time.   So instead of walking 10 feet from the register to the ATM and spending a whopping $2.50 for the fee to get $200, she spent her time (and mine) doing individual transactions.   

I would have put a stop to that shit if I was the cashier. You're not gonna fuck up my drawer just because you're too lazy to go to the bank. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

When one of the jars of jelly you just canned doesn't seal like it should.  I had a streak of over 120 jars of jelly, relish, jalapeño slices, and veggies without a failure to seal going, over several years.  Time to start a new streak, I guess.

Do you live in rural Pennsylvania?

What do Amos and Mary think about you losing your streak?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

No, Navasota, Texas.  Too damn close to aggy, but it's home.  I was raised by a mother and grandmother who were avid gardeners and canners.  They taught me how to identify, pick, and jelly wild dewberries, black berries, crabapples, and mustang grapes.  Store bought jelly can't come close to tasting as good as homemade, and I know everything that's in it.

Mama and Grandma would understand my chagrin with an unsealed jar.  Grandma would pick on me about it for years.  Sadly, both passed long ago.  I'd give a nut to put up some jelly or can some green beans with either of them again.

That's awesome that you're continuing what mama and grandma loved to do, and make delicious jelly But I gotta ask a serious question...

Spoiler

When you're getting your salad tossed, do you prefer jelly or syrup?

• Haha 4

Religious nut jobs knocking in my door on a Saturday morning.

But then they have to take it to a new, and creepier level.

I didn’t answer so they left this pamphlet:

5112b34feb116a46251ca1f2989e6838.jpg
4118427849c37f559f6c4b72e2c01524.jpg
How in the fuck do they know we speak Portuguese? I mean, we live in Houston. I would assume it’s like the 10th or 15th most spoken language. Maybe? Not a pamphlet with multiple languages, but just Portuguese.

Fuck of god freaks.

I've probably mentioned this before but whatever. It happened again. You're a piece of shit if you knock on a bathroom stall door after trying to open it. What am I gonna do, open the door and let you sit on my lap while I release my diarrhea?

Next time, I suggest you do just that.
“Come on in, this dump’s too runny and putrid to keep to myself!”
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HRSchenker said:

I've probably mentioned this before but whatever. It happened again. You're a piece of shit if you knock on a bathroom stall door after trying to open it. What am I gonna do, open the door and let you sit on my lap while I release my diarrhea?

pffft... Like you would turn down $20 bucks. 

• Like 2

I have 10 Oxycodone tablets leftover that I didn’t use after a recent surgery. I figure I’ll save them for either an emergency or for recreational use. I wonder what their street value would be. 

Maybe probation if you’re white, if not probably worth 1-5.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

People that gives zero cares about anything but themselves.

Major storms just came through the area (NE Texas and NW Louisiana) late last week knocking power out.  I was in Michigan on business when this happened and flew back into Shreveport late Friday afternoon.  I did not have enough gas in my truck to make it all the way back to Texas and I was advised to get gas when and where I could.  Some of the gas stations near the SHV airport were already out of gas so I got in line at the one station near the airport that did have gas.  Naturally the line was spilling out into the highway with every pump lane at capacity.  Many of the customers were paying by cash so they were having to take their own sweet time strolling into and out of the store and stopping to talk to just about everyone they knew.  Plus many took their time getting in and out of their cars becasue they could not put their precious phone down.  Took way longer than it should have to fill up.

Also, many of the traffic lights in the area are not working.  It is amazing on how many people would just blow right through the light with other cars stopped and proceeding properly.  Or if they were forced to stop because the car in front of them properly stopped, it was crazy on how many people just followed the car in front of them without properly stopping themselves after seeing everyone else do the stop and go process.

Ugh.  Have some self-awareness and know the rules of the road.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Preface this with I’ve worked every spot in a restaurant before. Front of house and back of house so I definitely understand tipping and how it works.

Go to a restaurant yesterday with a party of 9. Service was sub par, but it happens so no big deal. Checks come and my total was sixty something. I notice no gratuity on there. Ok cool I’ll tip my normal 20+ percent. Server takes our cards and comes back and the CC receipt is now in the upper 70s. Didn’t take me long to realize that’s 18 percent gratuity. My only complaint is don’t bring a receipt that doesn’t show gratuity then add it when you run the card hoping I don’t notice and tip on that amount.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

12 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I have 10 Oxycodone tablets leftover that I didn’t use after a recent surgery. I figure I’ll save them for either an emergency or for recreational use. I wonder what their street value would be. 

Like $20/ pretty easily. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Preface this with I’ve worked every spot in a restaurant before. Front of house and back of house so I definitely understand tipping and how it works.

Go to a restaurant yesterday with a party of 9. Service was sub par, but it happens so no big deal. Checks come and my total was sixty something. I notice no gratuity on there. Ok cool I’ll tip my normal 20+ percent. Server takes our cards and comes back and the CC receipt is now in the upper 70s. Didn’t take me long to realize that’s 18 percent gratuity. My only complaint is don’t bring a receipt that doesn’t show gratuity then add it when you run the card hoping I don’t notice and tip on that amount.

Ten of you and you asked for separate checks?  Were the other nine people women?  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

Any decent server can easily keep two tickets separated. Sorry for being poor.

Or there's this thing called Venmo now?  They can do separate checks, doesn't mean they want to.   

I agree with you though.  I used to wait tables.  You have to tell the customer when you add the grat.  Totally deceptive.

Edited by closetohumping

I ordered a new Yukon last July. It finally arrived this week. Get to the dealership only to find out the one that they’ve got here for me has the smaller engine than I ordered and several other minor package details wrong. Not the end of the world but fuck man, if you’re gonna make me wait a year for the car to be built at least give me what I ordered. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

24 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

I ordered a new Yukon last July. It finally arrived this week. Get to the dealership only to find out the one that they’ve got here for me has the smaller engine than I ordered and several other minor package details wrong. Not the end of the world but fuck man, if you’re gonna make me wait a year for the car to be built at least give me what I ordered. 

They would have another new vehicle for sale on their lot, and I would never do business with them ever again.  Search within a 500 mile radius for what you want, buy a one way plane ticket, and drive the new car home.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Frank The Tank said:

Total dealbreaker.

Fuck that dealer in the goatass if they don't make it right. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Okie State said:

So what's the solution? That's some bullshit.

49 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Total dealbreaker.

Fuck that dealer in the goatass if they don't make it right. 

To their credit they felt bad and are going to make it right. I bought the new car because I need it and mine is falling apart at this point. So I paid for and took this one. They have reordered the right one and put me to the top of the list, so it should be in faster this time. They guaranteed me in writing that they will pay me back the exact value I paid for the wrong one and will give me a $2k discount on the right one when it comes in. It’s Sewell of Dallas which is pretty well known for their service.  But still…it made me a little surly. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

To their credit they felt bad and are going to make it right. I bought the new car because I need it and mine is falling apart at this point. So I paid for and took this one. They have reordered the right one and put me to the top of the list, so it should be in faster this time. They guaranteed me in writing that they will pay me back the exact value I paid for the wrong one and will give me a $2k discount on the right one when it comes in. It’s Sewell of Dallas which is pretty well known for their service.  But still…it made me a little surly. 
That's good they are making it right, but 'felt bad'? They literally had one job and they botched it. Shouldn't have anything to do with feelings and there should be no hesitation in making it right.

No so trivial at this point but the "Significant Grievances That Make You Enraged" thread doesn't exist. Or maybe it's in CR or something.

At any rate -- Warning: Username will definitely apply --

So pandemic HEB was pretty amazing. Did the curbside and delivery thing and came through big time, didn't charge for it or whatever and then afterwards kept it and even ramped it up etc. That's how we got hooked on it. We don't order delivery every time but with work, kids, yadda yadda it saves a ton of time and is worth the charges.

Until the last year or so.

It started innocently enough. "Hey, honey, where are the avocados?" Ring ring. Hey, HEB, we didn't get an item or two. Sorry, we're refunding or sending a new one. Ok fine.

Except that it continued here and there for the next several months and, yes, my dumb ass thought they'd fix it or the errors would stop, but Favor/HEB are apparently run by apathetic morons who want to get fired or sleeper cell operatives from Whole Foods/Trade Joes/Randall's that have been activated and are putting their elaborate grocery insurgence into effect.

So TLDR; because who gives a shit besides us, but for those scoring at home:

~ 15 HEB/Favor delivery orders in the past 6 to 8 months.

Of those, 7 have been correct - all items ordered and delivered.

Of the others, it's at least one bag, and a couple of times two to three bags, of undelivered items. Or someone else's shit.

Even sent a email via the website several weeks ago letting them know they really needed to tighten things up. Apparently that just made me a marked man.

Because the coup de grace was today, when I headed home at lunch to meet the delivery driver who confirmed delivery about one minute after I walked in and yes, you guessed it playing along at home, not a single bag of groceries was delivered. Kids arriving tomorrow, shit I gotta do today, my girl working on long-ass projects and they fucked it.

I told them via phone to record my fucking call for training purposes and please have it reviewed by management for "quality purposes" and I kindly let them know the Favor/HEB system - at least in our area - is beyond fucked.

Full refund given - yay - but fuck HEB. Hard.

So Viva Fiesta Mart or Asian Mart or wherever the fuck I'll be shopping now because Favor/HEB can suck a listeria-soaked dick.

"Here Everything's Fucked"

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

No so trivial at this point but the "Significant Grievances That Make You Enraged" thread doesn't exist. Or maybe it's in CR or something.

At any rate -- Warning: Username will definitely apply --

So pandemic HEB was pretty amazing. Did the curbside and delivery thing and came through big time, didn't charge for it or whatever and then afterwards kept it and even ramped it up etc. That's how we got hooked on it. We don't order delivery every time but with work, kids, yadda yadda it saves a ton of time and is worth the charges.

Until the last year or so.

It started innocently enough. "Hey, honey, where are the avocados?" Ring ring. Hey, HEB, we didn't get an item or two. Sorry, we're refunding or sending a new one. Ok fine.

Except that it continued here and there for the next several months and, yes, my dumb ass thought they'd fix it or the errors would stop, but Favor/HEB are apparently run by apathetic morons who want to get fired or sleeper cell operatives from Whole Foods/Trade Joes/Randall's that have been activated and are putting their elaborate grocery insurgence into effect.

So TLDR; because who gives a shit besides us, but for those scoring at home:

~ 15 HEB/Favor delivery orders in the past 6 to 8 months.

Of those, 7 have been correct - all items ordered and delivered.

Of the others, it's at least one bag, and a couple of times two to three bags, of undelivered items. Or someone else's shit.

Even sent a email via the website several weeks ago letting them know they really needed to tighten things up. Apparently that just made me a marked man.

Because the coup de grace was today, when I headed home at lunch to meet the delivery driver who confirmed delivery about one minute after I walked in and yes, you guessed it playing along at home, not a single bag of groceries was delivered. Kids arriving tomorrow, shit I gotta do today, my girl working on long-ass projects and they fucked it.

I told them via phone to record my fucking call for training purposes and please have it reviewed by management for "quality purposes" and I kindly let them know the Favor/HEB system - at least in our area - is beyond fucked.

Full refund given - yay - but fuck HEB. Hard.

So Viva Fiesta Mart or Asian Mart or wherever the fuck I'll be shopping now because Favor/HEB can suck a listeria-soaked dick.

"Here Everything's Fucked"

Username, etc.