Trivial Things That Make You Surly

elfenix

4 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Fuck constipation, and fuck Neptune's kiss.

The good news is that the laxatives you’ve taken will soon lead to you having material to post in the shart thread. 

• Like 1

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Chug some coconut milk. if that works, better than you want, eat more jerkey. Life is about balance.

I wish I had some of the grape jelly from the old C-rats.  Being in the reserves, we did a lot of 2 and 3 day field exercises where we had to jam a lot of training into a little time.  I would eat a tin of C-rat peanut butter on the Thursday before going into the field, and it would stop me right up for a couple of days.  No shitting in the woods and running to catch up for Lcpl Scheiss!  Sunday afternoon when we got back to the reserve center, I would eat a tin of the grape jelly.  About 8:00 that night I would take a long, productive dump.  It worked very well for me.  Like you said, balance.

A salad with supper last night and another for lunch today and I have a nice, empty gut.  I ain't the Scheiss Meister for nothing.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

WTF Southern California!

IMG_4397.thumb.jpeg.151ec14c5ac449b94691dfc487c2c0a8.jpeg

It's the temp of the fucking sun here.  I walked by my Weber Smokey Mountain a couple of hours ago, and the thermometer was reading 160. Yeah, it's black and in direct sun, but WTF?

I fucking HATE motherfuckers in pro sports (football, mostly) that are a "junior" or a "Third". 

Motherfucker, the name on the back of your jersey is supposed to be your LAST NAME.  If you're "Joe Jones III", your jersey should read "Jones", not "Jones III".  The suffix modifies your first name, not your last. 

That cunt golfer started this shit.  Golf scores with "1: Woods  2: Mickelson 3: Love III"

No you cunt, your last name is LOVE, not LOVE 3

It's the temp of the fucking sun here.  I walked by my Weber Smokey Mountain a couple of hours ago, and the thermometer was reading 160. Yeah, it's black and in direct sun, but WTF?

Rookie move not to have the cover on the Weber

15 hours ago, Superhero said:

On a conference call between us and our partner architect. A little finger pointing, but holy crap, the same damn talking points have been rehashed at least 5 times by both sides.

People have meetings and do that so they do not have to do any work. Outcome? "Hey Fred, lets schedule another Microsoft Teams meeting."

Misuse of apostrophes.

The plural of Request for Information (RFI) is RFIs, not RFI's.  Similarly, the plural of Change Orders is COs, not CO's.

Shit like this drives me bananas.

OTOH, do you put an apostrophe on a time period? e.g. 80s, vs 80's. I guess it depends on how it is used. Is it 80s music? 80's music? Do you consider music made between 1980 - 1989 a possession of the time period? Inquiring minds want to know.

PS. I'm not an English major so any grammatical mistakes are due to ignorance / stupidity. Just wanted to bitch about apostrophes.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Superhero said:

Misuse of apostrophes.

The plural of Request for Information (RFI) is RFIs, not RFI's.  Similarly, the plural of Change Orders is COs, not CO's.

OTOH, do you put an apostrophe on a time period? e.g. 80s, vs 80's. I guess it depends on how it is used. Is it 80s music? 80's music? Do you consider music made between 1980 - 1989 a possession of the time period? Inquiring minds want to know.

PS. I'm not an English major so any grammatical mistakes are due to ignorance / stupidity. Just wanted to bitch about apostrophes.

Clients who do not know the difference between a RFI/RFP/TO and a proposal. No Sir, the government did not write the proposal for you to respond to. You write one in response to their RFI/RFP/TO.

12 hours ago, Superhero said:

Misuse of apostrophes.

Buy this book. You will not regret it. One of the funniest books I have ever read. #grammarmatters

https://a.co/d/9nYXi5S

On the topic of punctuation, those who think that a single question mark isn't enough to indicate that it's a question.

Or that a single exclamation doesn't communicate any alert or any excitement at all.

I don't know why they think that, but I get texts like this!!

Why??

It irritates me to no end because I "hear" the question as urgent in my head. What's happening?? I don't know, but it is annoying!!

Why can't they just be satisfied with one question mark???

16 hours ago, Superhero said:

Misuse of apostrophes.

80s' music.  Come on man, there was more than 1 year in consideration.

1 hour ago, gofuckyourself said:

On the topic of punctuation, those who think that a single question mark isn't enough to indicate that it's a question.

Or that a single exclamation doesn't communicate any alert or any excitement at all.

I don't know why they think that, but I get texts like this!!

Why??

It irritates me to no end because I "hear" the question as urgent in my head. What's happening?? I don't know, but it is annoying!!

Why can't they just be satisfied with one question mark???

If you come after the interrobang, I think you could maybe just gofuckyourself?! 

20 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

If you come after the interrobang, I think you could maybe just gofuckyourself?! 

What in the...

I had to look up "interrobang" and now I'm surlier. Someone named Martin Spinchter, or something, "invented" it. And the world is a little worse.

Now I wonder if in Spanish they do the double upside to start it.

¡¡Pinche estupida puntuación!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

8 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

What in the...

I had to look up "interrobang" and now I'm surlier. Someone named Martin Spinchter, or something, "invented" it. And the world is a little worse.

Now I wonder if in Spanish they do the double upside to start it.

¡¡Pinche estupida puntuación!!

My name growing up was “Pinche Gringo.”

• Hook 'Em 1