Tell me about TCU

Longboard Horn

On 7/29/2024 at 6:32 PM, LTtxfan said:

Screenshot_20240729-183116_kindlephoto-8870771.png.5284f9535ee255fdab71a8728e8186dd.png

TCU and Sonny Dykes are coming off a disappointing 5-7 season just one year removed from their magical run to the national title game in 2022.

With a new defensive coordinator in Andy Avalos and offensive coordinator Kendal Briles heading into year two of his offense, Dykes is reportedly looking to add some more veteran experience to the staff.

Former Houston and West Virginia head coach Dana Holgrosen is being targeted for a consultant role with the Horned Frogs, per 247.

Between stops at West Virginia and Houston, Holgo had spent the last dozen seasons in the head coaches chair with his Air Raid background on display.

He went 61-41 with the Mountaineers, hitting the double-digit win threshold twice in Morgantown before leaving for Houston in 2019.

With the Cougars, he won 12 games in 2021, followed up with an eight-win campaign in 2022, but his third losing season in five tries led to his dismissal in late November after a 4-8 year in their first season as a member of the Big 12.

Houston agreed to pay Holgorsen $14.8 million in buyout compensation, with a duty to mitigate clause if he takes another coaching job.

Sonny Dykes, TCU add another former Power 4 head coach to support staff

In addition to Dana Holgorsen, Todd Graham will assist the Horned Frogs' coaching staff this season.

ZACH BARNETT         JUL 30, 2024

After it was reported Monday that TCU brought in former Houston and West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen, Frogs head coach Sonny Dykes confirmed Holgo's hiring and announced another: Todd Graham.

Holgorsen will provide advance and self-scouting for TCU's defense, and Graham will do the same for the offense. 

"They're talented people that I have known for more than 20 years, who both have been very successful and have a unique perspective," Dykes told ESPN. "They can help us win."

Graham has not worked in college football in a full-time capacity since walking away from Hawai'i amid allegations of mistreatment, though he did perform a similar role during TCU's run to the national championship game in 2022. 

A head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area before moving into college football in 2001, Graham is formerly the head coach at Rice, Tulsa, Pitt, Arizona State and Hawaii, going 106-72. 

Quite a shitshow of coaches for toads now

83gw4x.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/2/2024 at 7:46 AM, LTtxfan said:

Sonny Dykes, TCU add another former Power 4 head coach to support staff

In addition to Dana Holgorsen, Todd Graham will assist the Horned Frogs' coaching staff this season.

ZACH BARNETT         JUL 30, 2024

After it was reported Monday that TCU brought in former Houston and West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen, Frogs head coach Sonny Dykes confirmed Holgo's hiring and announced another: Todd Graham.

Holgorsen will provide advance and self-scouting for TCU's defense, and Graham will do the same for the offense. 

"They're talented people that I have known for more than 20 years, who both have been very successful and have a unique perspective," Dykes told ESPN. "They can help us win."

Graham has not worked in college football in a full-time capacity since walking away from Hawai'i amid allegations of mistreatment, though he did perform a similar role during TCU's run to the national championship game in 2022. 

A head coach in the Dallas-Fort Worth area before moving into college football in 2001, Graham is formerly the head coach at Rice, Tulsa, Pitt, Arizona State and Hawaii, going 106-72. 

Quite a shitshow of coaches for toads now

83gw4x.gif

I was a TCU donor, fan and season ticket holder for many years, for many reasons. It was a massive failure of leadership ant all levels of the university to allow Dykes to bring in Baby Briles. They lost me and many like me, for nothing. He’s not even a good coach. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...