Tell me about TCU

Longboard Horn

2 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

ha ha simpsons GIF

TCU and Sonny Dykes are a formidable match.  They're both gonna kill each other and prolly a lot of fans along the way.  It's just a matter of buyout now.  

I hope he gets through the season and they have to pull the plug after another SMU spanking in '25. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Feels like coog high is about to blow their lead... toads now only down by 8pts

27-19    9mins left in 4th

Coach Fritz has Donovan Smith come in to kill clock and complete a drive for fg.

Hoping I'm wrong, and coog high about to win...   just under 2mins left

uh leads 30 -19

2 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I don’t see them firing him this year.  Definitely on the hot seat next year. 

I agree. I think they start putting feelers out and pull the plug next year if they have to.

What's funny is they stole Dykes from SMU and now SMU might be a better job. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

83gw4x.gif

Screenshot_20240729-183116_kindlephoto-8870771.png

image.png.9e37c7e00a8f1e72222878eedeffa99e.png

toad analyst:  Graham has not worked in college football in a full-time capacity since walking away from Hawai'i amid allegations of mistreatment... 

image.png.f259108761788979fb7cb127e4ab98e1.png

coog high wins....    30-19 😋

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 2

You know, every SWC school had at least one legendary coach- Neely for Rice, Yeoman for UH, Bell for SMU, Meyer and Martin for TCU, and so on. About ten years ago, I did a spreadsheet comparing achievements of coaches at schools, in comparison to the school’s performance without that coach. Royal still ranked very high, even as a UT coach. No one ranked higher by that metric than Patterson. 

I think Patterson’s first 15 or so years, along with their steady climb back to P5 status, convinced TCU that their program had achieved a new level, that they were no longer a SWC also-ran, that their floor as a program was a full level higher than it was from 1963-1999. 

Then, after firing Patterson and seeing Dykes take the team he inherited to the CFP CG, they felt affirmed. 

Right now? It’s looking like TCU, as a program, may be a Big XII also ran. (Cautionary tale for OSU). 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, StrippersAndNobelPrizes said:

Hire a Briles.

Leave SMU for TCU because you want to be in a “better” conference.

Karma be like

image.gif.8ed3a5e76562e41ec83cdce359ebbd41.gif

This. Dykes wasted all the goodwill from the CFP run on Briles.  He alienated at least half the boosters, and many, including me, cut off all donations and contact. Was it worth it to hire that piece of crap? 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

but with a back loaded schedule that has games against Utah, Arizona, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech

Spit Take GIF

If that's "back loaded" then L oh fucking L. Y'all already lost to UCF and UH and SMU is better than three of those teams. 

4-8 or 5-7 with their soft-ass schedule would be a horrific season.