2021 UFC/MMA thread

shadow_operative2.0

Posted (edited)

Hard to tell other than a canceled Dublin press conference that Dana and Chandler were flying out to the day after 302. Ariel H. made it sound like they didn't get on the plane. McGregor tweeted an apology stating something about hurdles outside of their control. Ariel might have earlier hinted about something, but in the interview I saw with Demetrious Johnson that it wasn't the obvious reasons like more money, drugs, and I think injury. So don't know.

Edited by JohnnyRage

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit, Dan Ige is stepping in for Brian Ortega on a few hours notice.

He was training for his own fight, so he's in shape, but he hasn't been training to fight Lopes, who is dangerous as fuck.

Massive props to Ige for saving a big chunk of the card.

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Holy shit, Dan Ige is stepping in for Brian Ortega on a few hours notice.

He was training for his own fight, so he's in shape, but he hasn't been training to fight Lopes, who is dangerous as fuck.

Massive props to Ige for saving a big chunk of the card.

Cool text message from Ige basically saying don't take this away from me.

Today 4:18 P.M.

"Hey Hunter, I've been in camp for 3 months. I'm the healthiest I've ever been, I can fight this guy tonight and beat him. This is what legends are made of.  I'm in I'm ready. I'm in great shape.

Please don't take this opportunity away from me 🙏"

Sincerely, Dan Fucking Ige

(I added that part)

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Also, anybody want to fight Joe Pyfer?  Christ.

He's the guy that measured a heavier punch than Ngannou? Well shit, I picked a bad time to be a few minutes behind.

Edited by JohnnyRage

22 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

This first fight has epic potential.  

Garry by decision.

It seemed like it could, but that might be the most boring conclusion to a decisive 3rd  rd I can remember. 

It's nice to end the fight on top doing the damage, even in a loss. Sometimes you lose the battle, but it proves that you could have won the war. Ige forced Diego to desperately grapple that last round. He still ended on top. And hats off to Diego Lopez for going up a weight class and then up to a catch weight on 4 hours notice. A warrior.