Is Deshaun Watson Done in Houston?

Vic Mackey

• 1 year later...

The memes keep getting posted on social media of how bad Houston fleeced Cleveland. It was a great trade, but not as lopsided as people state.

The memes say Houston traded Watson and turned the picks into:

• Kenyon Green,
  • John Metchie,
  • Christian Harris,
  • Thomas Booker (cut after 2022),
  • Dameon Pierce,
  • Will Anderson Jr.,
  • Tank Dell
  • Xavier Hutchison
  • Brandon Hill
  • Kamari Lassiter
  • Jamal Hill
  • Stephon Diggs
  • Cade Stover

The memes leave out that to get those players, Houston made additional trades and also gave up:

• 2022 3rd rounder
  • 2022 3rd rounder
  • 2022 4th rounder
  • 2022 6th rounder
  • 2023 2nd rounder (#33 overall)
  • 2023 5th rounder
  • 2024 1st rounder
  • 2024 6th rounder
  • 2024 6th rounder
  • 2024 7th rounder
  • 2025 5th rounder

The simpler summary excluding practice squad type guys, Pierce, and low round picks would be that Houston got Will Anderson, Tank Dell, Stephon Diggs, Christian Harris, Kamari Lassiter, and Cade Stover for Watson, a #1, a high #2, and two #3's. Good trade for Houston.

The new lawsuit is from his time in Houston.  The allegations were probably already there.  My guess is that even if the Browns cut him, they'll still be on the hook for the entire guaranteed amount.  

53 minutes ago, nnm said:

The new lawsuit is from his time in Houston.  The allegations were probably already there.  My guess is that even if the Browns cut him, they'll still be on the hook for the entire guaranteed amount.  

This.  Unless he was acting as his own agent, there's no way the Browns were able to leave themselves such an easy out.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

If the Browns don’t fix the OTs and get Chubb back Watson will be on IR permanently by October.  So most likely best result:  Watson is a gimp.  More cases take his money.  And Haslam can’t use the loophole to get the contract voided.   

Will Chubb be what Chubb was before the injury? That was a nasty injury.

5 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Who fell off a cliff faster - Russell Wilson or Deshaun Watson? Those dudes went from incredible to absolute ass in the blink of an eye. 

At least Wilson was somebody once.  He mattered at one time.  And he played for a while and won a ring before falling.

Watson hit that cliff faster IMO anyway.

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Dabo Swinney told Deshaun Watson that a gentleman doesn't spread his ass cheeks and demand that a lady "rabbit punch that shit box, bitch."

And all he had to do was call his agent and tell him,  I need a bitch that will slap my taint, you know what I’m saying?  He would have had them lined up nda in hand.  

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

And all he had to do was call his agent and tell him,  I need a bitch that will slap my taint, you know what I’m saying?  He would have had them lined up nda in hand.  

His taint wasn't the point.

Exerting power over women who didn't know it was about to happen was the point.

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

Your point stands, butt his taint was involved. In whole, I don't have any other positions over his taint. 

58 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

I agree with that.  He is a scumbag who should have been prosecuted had the prosecutor had any balls.  But I digress.

i don’t get this behavior by rich powerful lot famous people.  Robert Kraft had no real need to go to a Korean tug joint.  Hugh Grant with a street whore.  These people have folks who will deliver what they need but they do dumb shit.  It’s a power trip.  

8 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

If the Browns don’t fix the OTs and get Chubb back Watson will be on IR permanently by October.  So most likely best result:  Watson is a gimp.  More cases take his money.  And Haslam can’t use the loophole to get the contract voided.   

Not sure Chubb helps Watson.  The whole problem started because Watson likes whipping out his Chubb. 

• Haha 1

Yeah that's a flag for me...like why not meet him in public, usually that's what you do, not the reverse.

And if you were worried about the attention you'd get in a public mall, then maybe do a small dinner restaurant?

• Hook 'Em 1

24 sexual assault cases in 2020 is fine. Here's a contract for a jilliondy dollars and it's all guaranteed. Wait what's that, you suck? Hmmm.....24 cases of sexual assault in 2020 was fine, but 25? That's unforgivable! Can we not have to pay him, pretty please?

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 9/10/2024 at 8:58 AM, nnm said:

Unless the contract explicitly states that any new allegations, even from your time in Houston, that arise can trigger a void clause in the contract...meaning he would have either had to tell them "there was this other time" beforehand in order for it to not be voidable.  I think if this gets traction, the Browns will be able to void the contract.   

Either way the dead money cap hit is brutal and they are screwed. Owners don’t want to help them since they opened the Pandora’s box of guaranteed contracts

But I think he is fine as long as he told them about it when he signed. If not, they can potentially void it.

Sounds like he may not have from his comments and buzbees

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

IMG_2204.png?ex=66e46ef6&is=66e31d76&hm=0a2fc72423f942f5d98a70b6e6e5ad3514de628c196243e51afe79b91a6b71bf&

Now I'm picturing Roger Goodell and other executives sitting in a conference room watching a video of Deshaun Watson on all fours with his pants around ankles, using one hand to pull his ass apart and the other hand angrily gesturing at his butthole. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Now I'm picturing Roger Goodell and other executives sitting in a conference room watching a video of Deshaun Watson on all fours with his pants around ankles, using one hand to pull his ass apart and the other hand angrily gesturing at his butthole. 

I wasn’t, but now I am. Thanks a pantload for that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chooky said:

Now?