Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

27 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

Defense might have to win this game for us. 

Nah but OU might not score again. They will get a few 3-8 yard plays even a 10-15 here and there but they aren’t getting a deep ball at all, and they won’t sustain 12-15 play drives. 

57 minutes ago, Vermin said:

He's allowed 38 points in 6 games.

That's 6.333 PPG. The defense seems to be improving incrementally, but we need more consistency from PK and group. I mean, how the hell do you give up zero points one game and then allow someone to run up 12 on you the next game? Or hold a team to 3 points and then allow an embarrassing 13 points the very next game?

• Haha 4
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

Georgia just gave up 31 to Mississippi State, at home. But LT asks what PK does here. Three and half years later, still a dumb fucking subject header.

We’re going to fuck Georgia up.  Our defense is better than pretty much anyone else I’ve seen so far.  PK fucks, that’s what he does here!

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

After losing a generational DT combo I’m shocked the run defense has been so good.  And the secondary went from a liability to a strength.  And the LB are really good.  Defense is just fantastic across the board.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I think Nansen has been a great addition to help the defense integrate all the position groups, the cliche “have everyone on the same page” stuff. Baker also probably knows what the hell he’s doing. And as important as any of it, Kwiatkowski has the maturity to listen to other voices and use their input. Add stud players, and we have a dominant defense.

• Hook 'Em 9

45 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This is what PK's defenses looked like for a decade+ at Washington.  He just now has elite talent all over the field doing it.

And Washington without PK is allowing 40 to Iowa.

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

This is what PK's defenses looked like for a decade+ at Washington.  He just now has elite talent all over the field doing it.

Supported by an offense that can sleepwalk through a game and still put up 34

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Georgia just gave up 31 to Mississippi State, at home. But LT asks what PK does here. Three and half years later, still a dumb fucking subject header.

At this point, I think the thread title should stay the same. Clearly it is good mojo.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/13/2024 at 2:00 PM, LTtxfan said:

I'm cool with a new title.   Just post your suggestion and ping immamac to change title... 🤘

On 9/13/2024 at 3:46 PM, tbone_ said:

I wouldn’t change the title. It seems to be working. Never fuck with a winning streak.

Gonna stick with @tbone_ and keep thread title🤘

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

The way Sark handled that first painful season looks amazing in hindsight. He believed in his approach and his key hires.  PK had the skins on the wall. 

And, it seems that OCs are better promotions than DCs as a general rule, but either can demonstrate a blindspot for the other side of the ball, see, e.g. Riley, Lincoln (and other Leach disciples, Venables, etc.).

It's good that Sark seems to appreciate both aspects of the game despite being an offensive guru.

15 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I think Nansen has been a great addition to help the defense integrate all the position groups, the cliche “have everyone on the same page” stuff. Baker also probably knows what the hell he’s doing. And as important as any of it, Kwiatkowski has the maturity to listen to other voices and use their input. Add stud players, and we have a dominant defense.

Having the x's and o's AND the Jimmies and Joes is a pretty good formula. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Lhorn said:

After losing a generational DT combo I’m shocked the run defense has been so good.  And the secondary went from a liability to a strength.  And the LB are really good.  Defense is just fantastic across the board.  

Not that shocking when you see the actual pressure we’re getting on passing downs from the entire front. Makes coverage easy for the secondary. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Not that shocking when you see the actual pressure we’re getting on passing downs from the entire front. Makes coverage easy for the secondary. 

Great "team" rush effort on several plays. 

Keeping blOU QB in the pocket and not allowing him to bust big runs was great!!! 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

Just to brag a little, I was the first one to mention him in the coaching hire thread. That--and bringing up Grandy's--are my two proudest moments on this board.

Ranking each Texas defensive coordinator over the last decade

Grandy's | Moore OK

I mentioned him as well so I started to go through that thread again from page 1 and it's entertaining as hell.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eskimohorn said:

Seeing Hawkins lose confidence in real time reminded me of the 2004 defense which obliterated every QB in every game. We even had a Derrick Johnson-like punch out.

Impossible, Hawkins never let's anything bother him. That's why they love him!

Hawkins, "I suck! But, that doesn't bother me."

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Seeing Hawkins lose confidence in real time reminded me of the 2004 defense which obliterated every QB in every game. We even had a Derrick Johnson-like punch out.

It took him awhile, but he finally realized he couldn't outrun Hill. Or Gbenda. Or really anyone in the back 7. It seemed like half the tackles for loss were well outside the tackle box if not the actual sideline.

It took him awhile, but he finally realized he couldn't outrun Hill. Or Gbenda. Or really anyone in the back 7. It seemed like half the tackles for loss were well outside the tackle box if not the actual sideline.

He couldn’t outrun Collins or Moore either.

This defense has a chance to go down as the most dominant defense in Texas history if they continue this.  Props to PK, the players, and the assistant coaches.  They have improved every year.  We're big, fast, strong, and can cover at every level.  The crazy thing is the level of disrespect this defense gets.  All week people talked about ou's defense.  This week they will talk about the UGA defense.  This squad should be getting more attention than the offense.  I cannot wait for them to fuck up Georgia. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 hours ago, troph said:

she's allowed in my bed any time.

Your wife is so cool.

Speaking of cool, Texas allowing only seven trips to the redzone in six games is very cool.

14 hours ago, yoladu said:

and 2 were in the 4 quarter when the game was already done and dusted.

Yeah. That run by UTSA was the only TD in the competitive part of the game we have given up. And it made it 21-7 so not even that competitive.