Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

On 10/12/2024 at 8:19 PM, Lhorn said:

After losing a generational DT combo I’m shocked the run defense has been so good.  And the secondary went from a liability to a strength.  And the LB are really good.  Defense is just fantastic across the board.  

The transformation of Vernon Broughton this season is one of the most shocking jumps in play I can remember. Just a completely different player compared to every other year on campus. 

• Hook 'Em 8

Just now, Reynolds Woodcock said:

The transformation of Vernon Broughton this season is one of the most shocking jumps in play I can remember. Just a completely different player compared to every other year on campus. 

He's been outspoken crediting Baker for his play/improvement.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Your wife is so cool.

Speaking of cool, Texas allowing only seven trips to the redzone in six games is very cool.

Yeah. That run by UTSA was the only TD in the competitive part of the game we have given up. And it made it 21-7 so not even that competitive.

to be honest, we're all talk. speaking of all talk, you know who isn't all talk?  Texas defense.

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Your wife is so cool.

Speaking of cool, Texas allowing only seven trips to the redzone in six games is very cool.

Yeah. That run by UTSA was the only TD in the competitive part of the game we have given up. And it made it 21-7 so not even that competitive.

It was 28-0 when they got that run 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Lot of guys who were looking a bit like “jags” or were good enough to play but were waiting for someone better to pass them by have turned into really good players.  I’d include Taffee and Majors in that group.  Gbenda and Sorrell too. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Lot of guys who were looking a bit like “jags” or were good enough to play but were waiting for someone better to pass them by have turned into really good players.  I’d include Taffee and Majors in that group.  Gbenda and Sorrell too. 

I would point out of those 4 that Sorrell was flashing the most as a sophomore.  The rest were pretty much considered JAGs.

Edited by westexhorn

10 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

A bit of a derail, but all this time when I saw the title of this thread, I read it as PK, what do you do in this instance or scenario?   Not what do you do at your job or for UT or anything that general.  

Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the movie Office Space?

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, westexhorn said:

I would point out of those 4 that Sorrell was flashing the most as a sophomore.  The rest were pretty much considered JAGs.

A forgotten part of his and Byron Murphy’s legacies will be that they came in 2021 and were immediately the best conditioned DL on the team. Oof.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Dunlop’s Deep Dig (talking about the switch to Lefau as the starter and how that unleashed Ant Hill)

Hide contents

Quick Hits and Thoughts 

It looks like Liona Lefau is your new starter at inside linebacker next to Anthony Hill Jr. and Hill has been unlocked. 

At the Deep Dig, we don't get out that often, but do have a few sources around the program and one told us that they believe this shift in the equation is very likely to stick from here on out. Sark said we'd see some new things during this game, but we didn't know we'd see something this new on the first defensive snap. 

There are a few associated pieces here with the fallout: 

- It was easy to see this coming. David Gbenda shows up well in the production scores, and has had some really nice moments this season. He is a tackle compiler (second on the team behind Hill) and he's had four TFLs. But if your eyeballs have seen what ours have, there have been some real issues with fitting up the run at times and it's been more frequent over the last three games. It's not so much missed tackles as much as it is bad leverage, questionable gap integrity and, at times, puzzling instincts about getting to the ball-carrier. We were also told by a source that the staff has had some issues with Gbenda's coverage drops. 

There's also the fact that Liona Lefau has played really well himself. He's had the big safety that everyone will remember, but on 50 less snaps than Gbenda, he's had two sacks and one pressure to Gbenda's one QB pressure in total QB disruption. Lefau has had one missed tackle to Gbenda's three and no penalties to Gbenda's one. 

On top of all this, Steve Sarkisian said at his press conference on Monday that Lefau is a Top 3 character/culture guy in the locker room and has shown a lot of growth not only on defense but on special teams to make the staff think that there is something more there. The only issue with getting him on the field more often, was, well, he played the same middle linebacker spot that Anthony plays. 

Or, we should say that Anthony Hill played. 

A different sort of role for Anthony Hill Jr. - He still has the green dot on his helmet, and from what we understand, the roles of the two LBs under Nansen can be sort of interchangeable from series-to-series, but it doesn't take a basement full of maniacs re-watching every play of the game to tell you Anthony Hill was deployed differently in this game than we have seen all season. While Hill has played the mike linebacker so far this year with the occasional ability to get used off the edge, on the overhang, in the slot and just generally in-space, versus OU, that was his primary mode of operation. 

Hill played 13 snaps at the "mike" versus Oklahoma (aligned to in the middle of the defense, in the box, and to the strong-side of the will linebacker), he played 28 snaps on the weak side of the offensive formation, generally in all the places described as being only occasional roaming grounds in previous games. The results were obvious. 

3.5 TFLs. 2 sacks. Four more tackles not counting those. A forced fumble. Oh yeah, one QB hit and one pressure. 

Clearly, guys are going to be deployed in different ways in different games, but here's what we love about the mix of Lefau and Hill together: In Lefau, you have a rock-solid gap-fitter with a downhill nose for the football. Zero worries about that guy getting washed into some weird spot and having the runner spit out for a big gain like happened with Gbenda versus UTSA. On top of this solid foundation, you have a guy in Lefau who has already shown he has the dynamism to make splash plays on the QB when those opportunities arise. It is a more cohesive pairing in general. Yes, Gbenda has been generally very efficient, but Lefau has been even more efficient -- operating at a historic level in the Deep Dig era, in the same neighborhood (or at least zip code) of Simmons and Hill. 

And when that kind of presence allows you to truly unleash a player with the skill set of Anthony Hill, we don't think we're going to be going back to the Gbenda-Hill pairing too often any time soon. They were on the field together for two snaps versus OU. The genie's out of the bottle. 

The OU reporter who tweeted that Hill is the weakest link on the Texas defensive front 7 should have to print out that tweet and eat it live on camera.

This is really an embarrassment of riches.  Is it possible the plan all along was to give teams film of Hill/Gbenda and then turn Lefau/Hill loose against ousucks?

On 10/14/2024 at 10:16 AM, pyrohornIII said:

A bit of a derail, but all this time when I saw the title of this thread, I read it as PK, what do you do in this instance or scenario?   Not what do you do at your job or for UT or anything that general.  

15 hours ago, Hornlover said:

Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the movie Office Space?

What Would You Say You Do Here Office Space GIF

⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/13/2024 at 5:32 AM, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

What blew me away is the speed at which the defense would get into the backfield. It looked like one of those mascots vs kids games, the ease which they would get back there. They were meeting running backs full steam 2-3 yards behind LOS. I remember when wrapping up basically didn't exist at Texas for an entire decade. When players would be coached to stand 2 feet past the first down marker and wait for the opponent to come to them. When blitzing for an open field tackle would always, always result in a whiff.

And it hasn't just been OU, it's been everybody we've played. It just was particularly evident vs the sister-fuckers.

None of that Saturday. This defense is incredible. Who would have thought Sark would have a team known for championship caliber defense??

At the end of the year, it may turn out that there may are other Texas defense that finished higher ranked, but I'm hard pressed to think of any Texas defense with this kind of speed everywhere.

It's got to suck to play against that kind of smothering speed, especially when they also hit hard and wrap up. Break a tackle and you're going to get a couple more yards and then get nailed by two defenders coming in at full speed. It takes a fluke mistake to have any hope of breaking it. 

Maaaaaaaan, Nansen has been a god send. Same witg Scotty Hazleton shoring up our secondary. Kenny Baker has proven he can get the best out of these guys. Vernon Broughton, anyone? We're gonna be alright. We're first in a shit ton of metrics. Every single talking head is taking Texas because home environment, we have more weapons, our o-line is the best in the country, and our D-line are animals. 

7 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Just want to say, at the time this thread was created the Texas defense was ranked 61st (2020 season) in NCAA football, just behind Boston College and just ahead of Baylor.   I for one do not pile-on about the thread title.  

1 minute ago, TOR said:

Just want to say, at the time this thread was created the Texas defense was ranked 61st (2020 season) in NCAA football, just behind Boston College and just ahead of Baylor.   I for one do not pile-on about the thread title.  

I thought it was started after the 2020 season and before PK coached a down of D at Texas. I don't know/remember what the original title was. Those who expected him to field a D worthy of the Texas name in his first season and before NIL had a chance to overcome the Baggins clan might not have been entirely rational in their criticisms and/or expectations.

11 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

I’m ready to see what we look like against Beck and this offense.  By far the best we’ve seen. Texas is playing sound and can get after your ass. Time to take it up a level.

I hope we have a lot left in the playbook we haven't shown and are ready to dial it up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Butch Had Not said:

I hope we have a lot left in the playbook we haven't shown and are ready to dial it up. 

They saw Gbenda/Hill all season, then Lefau/Hill was cut loose against ousucks and Ant went bananas.  New wrinkle.  Don't see Beck having time to orchestrate a crazy comeback, or the Texas D allowing it to happen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Tough to compare 2020 to 2024 when you can NIL players away from Georgia and bama legally.
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Just now, markstanco said:

Tough to compare 2020 to 2024 when you can NIL players away from Georgia and bama legally.

True.  And it was chris ash for the 20 season when the thread was started, no idea when the title was changed.  

Screenshot_20241016-093233_kindlephoto-6520820.png.b1a8a1261eb983d9624a485a9a4c5fc4.png

Halfway through the season, the Texas Longhorns' defense has been nothing short of spectacular, allowing the fewest yards per game (229.7) and points per game (6.3) in the entire country.

However, some have raised concerns of the quality of the offenses they've played.

Of the six teams the Longhorns have faced so far, UTSA has the highest-ranked total offense at 67th out of 133 FBS teams (396.5 yards per game). Of the Power Four teams the Longhorns have faced, Mississippi State ranks 78th in yards per game (381), Michigan ranks 119th (306.3) and Oklahoma ranks 125th (287.7). It could be a chicken or egg situation, but none of those teams have shown much offensive firepower against other opponents either.

With the No. 5 Georgia Bulldogs, who have one of the top quarterbacks in the country in Carson Beck and a host of offensive weapons, next on the schedule, there is some concern about how the Longhorns will hold up against stronger competition. For Texas defensive back Michael Taaffe, though, there's full belief the defense will go out there and play well.

"I'm not sure who said that because I think the teams that we've played have been pretty elite," Taaffe told reporters Monday. "So, I don't want to discredit any of the teams that we play. You know, those quarterbacks have been special. I think the guy that we just played [Oklahoma freshman Michael Hawkins Jr.] is going to have a really bright future, and so there's really no discredit to those other guys.

"I think, like I keep saying, Georgia's offense is elite and we have a great challenge. But, you know, we're just going to take it one week at a time and we have our full attention on Georgia."

Regardless of one's opinions on the Longhorns' other opponents, pretty much everyone would agree that Georgia is the best team they've faced so far. It's going to be a battle, and the defense will have to be up to the challenge against a dangerous Bulldogs offense.  

On 10/14/2024 at 8:59 AM, Lhorn said:

I'd defend Majors here because he was always a long-term S&C project. That he was on the field as a RS FR in 2021 when he was clearly not ready for Power 5 football is an indictment of where the OL group was, not him personally. He was always going to need 2-3 years. I absolutely do credit this staff for his development because I'm not at all confident the prior staff would have him where he is now. Similarly, Sorrell was an unheralded recruit but flashed as a freshman an has shown a more or less linear development arc. Again, credit to the staff for seeing his development through but if anyone ever wrote him off as a JAG that would have been dumb.

21 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Texas defense is definitely being disrespected, but I do understand it. We haven’t played a single offense worth a shit, and dominating terrible offenses doesn’t mean you can hold up against a good offense. Having said that, I think the defense will have a very good showing against UGA, and then all the doubts/excuses are out the window for the defense and the team as a whole. If we execute like I think we will against UGA, then Texas should be power ranked in its own tier at the top of CFB, with everyone else fighting to be second best. 

Some talking heads might not realize it until later this season or into the NFL Draft time, but that narrative is already lying cold on the table. 

Last year’s draft class was littered with guys developed by this staff. Sweat was underwhelming and inconsistent at UT before this staff turned him into the best DL in CFB last year. Jaylan Ford was a 3 star turned into an All-American by PK. Same for Byron Murphy.  Christian Jones was another one. 

Then they follow up that effort last year with guys like Tre Wisner, Gunnar Helm, Jake Majors, Cam Williams, Gbenda, Guilbeau, Broughton, Taffe, Sorrell, and Barron. This team and the 2025 draft class will be littered with 3 and low 4 star guys turned into high level football prospects. 

And that list was focusing on lower rated recruits. When you add in the 5 stars and elite transfers we’ve developed, like Banks, Hill, Ewers, Bond, and Simmons, there isn’t a single coaching staff in CFB doing a better job developing players than Sark and Co. 

Yep. If you look at what this staff has done at LB and edge in the last couple years, it’s absolutely miraculous. We’ve been wandering the desert at those spots for over a decade.

We could very well have the best LB and edge position groups in the country next year. 

The really exciting thing is they're showing the ability to eval and develop their own guys too. As recently as last year the success stories on the OL and front seven were nearly all Herman recruits - Ford, Gbenda, Ojomo, Coburn, Sweat, Murphy, Broughton, Collins, Sorrell, Connor, Majors, Jones - all of those guys were Herman evals that they developed - some of them they very much changed the trajectory on. Now we see the next wave with their own guys - some of them like Hill, Simmons, Banks, and Campbell were obviously super high end, can't miss prospects but guys like Hill and Campbell did have some development needed and they've managed that impressively. And there are more like Lefau, Williams, Burke, etc. that they have brought along nicely. 

Real, sustainable evaluation and development of high level athletes on the LOS is a foolproof method for being consistently competitive on a national level and this staff has shown exactly that. Feels good man.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I'd defend Majors here because he was always a long-term S&C project. That he was on the field as a RS FR in 2021 when he was clearly not ready for Power 5 football is an indictment of where the OL group was, not him personally. He was always going to need 2-3 years. I absolutely do credit this staff for his development because I'm not at all confident the prior staff would have him where he is now. Similarly, Sorrell was an unheralded recruit but flashed as a freshman an has shown a more or less linear development arc. Again, credit to the staff for seeing his development through but if anyone ever wrote him off as a JAG that would have been dumb.

The really exciting thing is they're showing the ability to eval and develop their own guys too. As recently as last year the success stories on the OL and front seven were nearly all Herman recruits - Ford, Gbenda, Ojomo, Coburn, Sweat, Murphy, Broughton, Collins, Sorrell, Connor, Majors, Jones - all of those guys were Herman evals that they developed - some of them they very much changed the trajectory on. Now we see the next wave with their own guys - some of them like Hill, Simmons, Banks, and Campbell were obviously super high end, can't miss prospects but guys like Hill and Campbell did have some development needed and they've managed that impressively. And there are more like Lefau, Williams, Burke, etc. that they have brought along nicely. 

Real, sustainable evaluation and development of high level athletes on the LOS is a foolproof method for being consistently competitive on a national level and this staff has shown exactly that. Feels good man.

The really interesting thing about this year is the emergence of the young players. Guys like LeFau, Simmons, Muhammad, and Hill. That is nice core for next year. You also have some under the radar guys popping up getting some play time and flashing like TyAnthony Smith, Johnson-Rubell, and Vasek

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

19 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Anyone who wants to whine about Texas’ opponents can take a look at how they do against teams not named Texas and compare that to how they do against Texas and see if any pattern emerges. 

Pretty sure 99+% of the people know we are one of the top 3-5 teams in the country.  We’ve stacked depth at least in the top 3.  I’d put us at #1 in both categories.

That said to date, our opponents offensively are as shitty as we’ve seen in decades.  Their respective OFEI rankings alone reflect that.  Hell, MSUs QB may be the best we’ve played to date and that was his first start of the season.  I know there was some positivity thrown towards the CSU QB/WR, but they were 114 in OFEI last year so whatever numbers they compiled were against poor competition.  So good that SFA put up 20% more yards and points against the same 1-5 FCS opponent than CSU did this year.  I don’t even think Michigan and OU have amassed 300+ yards in 50% of their games excluding us.

But also, there isn’t much more our defense could have done.  I guess technically pitch shutouts every week.

Personally I don’t think this weeks game will be terribly close.  We win by at least two scores.  I’d be surprised if they score 24.  They didn’t do jack for a half against Clemson or Bama.  They didn’t light Auburn up and were very pedestrian versus Kentucky.

However you choose to view it this is likely the worst offensive schedule in quite some time but at least the back half is far better than the first half.  I’m not sure that would constitute whining.

11 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Pretty sure 99+% of the people know we are one of the top 3-5 teams in the country.  We’ve stacked depth at least in the top 3.  I’d put us at #1 in both categories.

That said to date, our opponents offensively are as shitty as we’ve seen in decades.  Their respective OFEI rankings alone reflect that.  Hell, MSUs QB may be the best we’ve played to date and that was his first start of the season.  I know there was some positivity thrown towards the CSU QB/WR, but they were 114 in OFEI last year so whatever numbers they compiled were against poor competition.  So good that SFA put up 20% more yards and points against the same 1-5 FCS opponent than CSU did this year.  I don’t even think Michigan and OU have amassed 300+ yards in 50% of their games excluding us.

But also, there isn’t much more our defense could have done.  I guess technically pitch shutouts every week.

Personally I don’t think this weeks game will be terribly close.  We win by at least two scores.  I’d be surprised if they score 24.  They didn’t do jack for a half against Clemson or Bama.  They didn’t light Auburn up and were very pedestrian versus Kentucky.

However you choose to view it this is likely the worst offensive schedule in quite some time but at least the back half is far better than the first half.  I’m not sure that would constitute whining.

Like I said, however shitty they are, it’s pretty easy to see how they do against teams not named Texas and how they do against Texas. 

I think Texas beats Georgia by 14+ and, if that happens, there’s going to be more than a little “obviously, Georgia is down.”

That said, there’s a pretty vocal “who has Texas played” contingent out there, though I have no idea what percentage of the whole they constitute. Ultimately, it doesn’t matter. Texas will prove it or not on the field. 

It feels like offenses in general are down.  I’m curious if the number of transfers contributes to that.  Even experienced guys like Gabriel have to lose some continuity with the moving around.  But several of the top offenses have transfers at QB so maybe it’s my imagination.

We’ve done a good job for the most part of limiting movement.  That helps our Oline.

But yeah ultimately this team has enough to win it all.  Like it or not, that’s the final judgment.

1 hour ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Like I said, however shitty they are, it’s pretty easy to see how they do against teams not named Texas and how they do against Texas. 

I think Texas beats Georgia by 14+ and, if that happens, there’s going to be more than a little “obviously, Georgia is down.”

That said, there’s a pretty vocal “who has Texas played” contingent out there, though I have no idea what percentage of the whole they constitute. Ultimately, it doesn’t matter. Texas will prove it or not on the field. 

It would tickle me to no end to hear SEC bots talk about how the SEC is down over the next few years if Texas can manage to dominate the conference. 

Fuck those guys. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

It would tickle me to no end to hear SEC bots talk about how the SEC is down over the next few years if Texas can manage to dominate the conference. 

Fuck those guys. 

Texas needs to turn them into “whale shit at the bottom of the ocean” as a gentleman who lived around Phoenix used to say. 

The bonus would be the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Aggies about how the sips ruined the conference. Part Three. 

Edited by Doc Daneeka
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Texas needs to turn them into “whale shit at the bottom of the ocean” as a gentleman who lived around Phoenix used to say. 

The bonus would be the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the Aggies about how the sips ruined the conference. Part Three. 

There's some fishes and loaves and women with loose moral standards somewhere in there, too.

And yes. I can delightfully hear the Aggies' plaintive cries of, "See? See? We TOLD you how horrible they are!"

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

There's some fishes and loaves and women with loose moral standards somewhere in there, too.

And yes. I can delightfully hear the Aggies' plaintive cries of, "See? See? We TOLD you how horrible they are!"

Hell yeah, there are. Especially the women with loose moral standards and a fondness for Johnnie Walker. Wise words, indeed. 

“This is now the sips always are. Won’t you be my friend?”

Georgia’s top 4 opponent defensive ranks:

#4 (scored 13)
#47 (scored 31)
#55 (scored 34)
#60 (scored 34)

I see this game 27-17 Horns

360-370 yards of total offense with 120-135 yards rushing.

Not sure how this game gets to the 55.5 points Vegas claims unless we go off. And nothing about a still rusty Ewers gives me reason to think he’s returning to Heisman frontrunner Saturday (but I sure hope I’m wrong and we mudhole them)

One thing that scares me is our Corners

Hear me out:

If you go back and look on film we have been beat multiple times in multiple games deep, specially the WR's more so on our level OU, and Miss State.  (I believe we did very well against MICH). UGA will have the fastest WR's we have seen thus far, and I pray our Corners Muhammad more than Barron don't have a false sense of security. Muhammad has gotten beat several times this season, the QB's we've played which a lot of ppl have pointed out just wasn't worth a fuck. Beck is a top 15 talent and will complete those. Our D-Line needs to make him as uncomfortable as possible. 

Barron isn't the fastest and I do think they will test that, but I believe with his smarts and savey he will put himself in positions to win.  

Gilbeaux isn't the fastest cover either but more so will have more safety help

Muhammad is the one I'm more so worried about.  He plays aggressive which you like, but as a DB sometimes you can play so aggressive it puts you in a bad position. 

We need our Run D to be Very good Saturday, so that the safeties can help over top.  If UGA is running successfully and we have to bring our safeties up to help, hopefully QUINN is on, because this may be a shoot out.

7 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Hear me out:

If you go back and look on film we have been beat multiple times in multiple games deep, specially the WR's more so on our level OU, and Miss State.  (I believe we did very well against MICH). UGA will have the fastest WR's we have seen thus far, and I pray our Corners Muhammad more than Barron don't have a false sense of security. Muhammad has gotten beat several times this season, the QB's we've played which a lot of ppl have pointed out just wasn't worth a fuck. Beck is a top 15 talent and will complete those. Our D-Line needs to make him as uncomfortable as possible. 

Barron isn't the fastest and I do think they will test that, but I believe with his smarts and savey he will put himself in positions to win.  

Muhammad is the one I'm more so worried about.  He plays aggressive which you like, but as a DB sometimes you can play so aggressive it puts you in a bad position. 

We need our Run D to be Very good Saturday, so that the safeties can help over top.  If UGA is running successfully and we have to bring our safeties up to help, hopefully QUINN is on, because this may be a shoot out.

I would expect Georgia to take a couple deep shots on double moves. MSU actually has some talent at WR and speed. I would guess with freshmen QBs, the CBs got overly aggressive jumping routes. I would assume they have read the scouting report and adjust appropriately. Georgia has put that young kid in the slot recently, he is tough match-up for Guilbeau deep

Edited by Codaxx
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Hear me out:

If the 13th place rushing attack in the SEC can run successfully, Texas is fucked. 

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

If the 13th place rushing attack in the SEC can run successfully, Texas is fucked. 

Honestly, the Freshman RB is better than the injured Starter and has G-Fans excited plus you have two key O-Lineman back from what I've heard, so I wouldn't be surprised to see them running better this week. 

1 minute ago, Doc Daneeka said:

The real interesting thing is Georgia is like 10th in yards per carry (4.65), which is surprising. They are 15th in attempts, which is just shocking. Bobo doesnt seem to be very interested in running the football. 

Georgia has 173 rushes vs 221 pass, but 11 sacks allowed. 

adjust that to 162 rushes vs 232 pass attempts. Call that a 40/60 run/pass split. 

Just now, Codaxx said:

The real interesting thing is Georgia is like 10th in yards per carry (4.65), which is surprising. They are 15th in attempts, which is just shocking. Bobo doesnt seem to be very interested in running the football. 

Georgia has 173 rushes vs 221 pass, but 11 sacks allowed. 

adjust that to 162 rushes vs 232 pass attempts. Call that a 40/60 run/pass split. 

With my burnt orange glasses on, this is where things go to shit for Georgia. Beck will be running for his life, but not getting very far. The Texas pash rush is going to bury his ass when Georgia tries to keep up with what Ewers is doing to their secondary. 

• Hook 'Em 1