Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

21 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

The real interesting thing is Georgia is like 10th in yards per carry (4.65), which is surprising. They are 15th in attempts, which is just shocking. Bobo doesnt seem to be very interested in running the football. 

Georgia has 173 rushes vs 221 pass, but 11 sacks allowed. 

adjust that to 162 rushes vs 232 pass attempts. Call that a 40/60 run/pass split. 

messed that up. 7 sacks allowed, i used there sack number. Still a pass first team though

6 minutes ago, D3zii said:

same OU that got behind Texas secondary a few times, but our pressure was just to good as well as Hawkins being a freshman.

hence, I said i hope they don't have a false sense of security. 

They had the one wide open wheel route heading into their end. Maybe I’m just blanking on the others. 

19 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

OU had a wide open wheel route that could've scored but the DL was just too much for the dirt burglars.

8 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

They had the one wide open wheel route heading into their end. Maybe I’m just blanking on the others. 

Right.  A coverage bust on a wheel route is completely different than the OP claiming our CBs were getting burnt deep multiple times by OU. OU barely had any completions over 10 yards and almost all of them were when we were playing zone or on the last drive of the game. 

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Their third play from scrimmage was a TD if Hawkins puts it on the money 

Huh? Muhammad was right there with the WR the whole way and then he pushed off right at the end. Even still, it was good coverage and there was very little room for a catch to be made. Definitely not an example of him getting beat deep. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Right.  A coverage bust on a wheel route is completely different than the OP claiming our CBs were getting burnt deep multiple times by OU. OU barely had any completions over 10 yards and almost all of them were when we were playing zone or on the last drive of the game. 

Huh? Muhammad was right there with the WR the whole way and then he pushed off right at the end. Even still, it was good coverage and there was very little room for a catch to be made. Definitely not an example of him getting beat deep. 

Never said we were getting burnt, I said we have had games where our Corners would give up deep passes but due to the QB and WR not being good enough they were complete, and no one batted an eye. OU not so much It did happen though, more so against Miss State, and even Colo State on the play made by Barron.

Honestly, we're just nitpicking, but those nitpicks can turn into something against teams like UGA if we don't sure them up. 

1 minute ago, D3zii said:

Never said we were getting burnt, I said we have had games where our Corners would give up deep passes but due to the QB and WR not being good enough they were complete, and no one batted an eye. OU not so much It did happen though, more so against Miss State, and even Colo State on the play made by Barron.

Honestly, we're just nitpicking, but those nitpicks can turn into something against teams like UGA if we don't sure them up. 

I mean, fair, I suppose, but I suspect every team has a lot of “well, hell, at least the other guys didn’t take advantage” kind of plays that we don’t hold against them because we don’t see them all. We see every possible doomsday scenario on every Texas play. 

Just now, Doc Daneeka said:

I mean, fair, I suppose, but I suspect every team has a lot of “well, hell, at least the other guys didn’t take advantage” kind of plays that we don’t hold against them because we don’t see them all. We see every possible doomsday scenario on every Texas play. 

MSU double move on Muhammad was the one bad one I remember. That should have been a completion. The completed one was just an excellent throw and catch in between Holmes and Mukuba. Holmes lost his positioning on another one that the WR lost in the sun in that game. Maybe Muhammad had another, not sure. Teh positive is outside the 1st one Texas defenders were in the vicinity and force a good throw. Even NFL guys are not generally hitting above 60% on deep throws. 

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

MSU double move on Muhammad was the one bad one I remember. That should have been a completion. The completed one was just an excellent throw and catch in between Holmes and Mukuba. Holmes lost his positioning on another one that the WR lost in the sun in that game. Maybe Muhammad had another, not sure. Teh positive is outside the 1st one Texas defenders were in the vicinity and force a good throw. Even NFL guys are not generally hitting above 60% on deep throws. 

This is the way. These long throws are low percentage at all levels. Just because you’re open enough doesn’t mean it’ll be completed. Perfect throws are few and far between. If we’re gonna be talking about our dbs for not perfect coverage that applies to all dbs in the country. Great throws are great throws. And in the tx vs ga game , which qb makes those low percentage throws better will have better chance to win. AND FUCK GEORGIA FAFO 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

38 minutes ago, Hookem10 said:

This is the way. These long throws are low percentage at all levels. Just because you’re open enough doesn’t mean it’ll be completed. Perfect throws are few and far between. If we’re gonna be talking about our dbs for not perfect coverage that applies to all dbs in the country. Great throws are great throws. And in the tx vs ga game , which qb makes those low percentage throws better will have better chance to win. AND FUCK GEORGIA FAFO 

Both of these are true, which shows how dominate we have been, to the point we're looking for anything. 

I believe we put everyone on notice this weekend. 

26 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Both of these are true, which shows how dominate we have been, to the point we're looking for anything. 

I believe we put everyone on notice this weekend. 

Dominant, an adjective. Example: The Longhorns are a dominant team.

Dominate, a verb. Example: The Longhorns dominate the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Dominant, an adjective. Example: The Longhorns are a dominant team.

Dominate, a verb. Example: The Longhorns dominate the SEC.

Dominate comes from the Latin adjectival dominatus (from the deponent dominor), and in addition to its most common usage as a verb, it can also be used in its more etymologically congruent sense of what we more commonly term dominant. Be careful correcting grammar or diction, lest you be corrected.

So Arch and Bolden are throwing the deep ball?

On 10/16/2024 at 10:30 AM, Codaxx said:

The really interesting thing about this year is the emergence of the young players. Guys like LeFau, Simmons, Muhammad, and Hill. That is nice core for next year. You also have some under the radar guys popping up getting some play time and flashing like TyAnthony Smith, Johnson-Rubell, and Vasek

Don't forget Wardell Mack 

20 hours ago, Magus Ossis said:

Dominate comes from the Latin adjectival dominatus (from the deponent dominor), and in addition to its most common usage as a verb, it can also be used in its more etymologically congruent sense of what we more commonly term dominant. Be careful correcting grammar or diction, lest you be corrected.

Well, yes, I guess it is used that way by people who have an incongruent understanding of the two words. This is not a gay or cool kind of change. And yes, I put periods after bullet points.  

On 10/17/2024 at 2:11 PM, someguy said:

Taaffe recognized the uncovered wheel and was rotating over.  It would have been a chunk play with a decently well thrown ball, but wasn't going to score absent a Taaffe gaffe (apologies, i couldn't help myself).

Yeah.  The announcers pointed this, but it's a pretty dangerous gamble to throw a deep pass with a safety over the top and maybe 15 yards away.   This is like a 1.6 second airtime throw with a safety 1.7 seconds away, and that's assuming you zoom it in there backshoulder.

Edited by JBJ

1 hour ago, JBJ said:

Yeah.  The announcers pointed this, but it's a pretty dangerous gamble to throw a deep pass with a safety over the top and maybe 15 yards away.   This is like a 1.6 second airtime throw with a safety 1.7 seconds away, and that's assuming you zoom it in there backshoulder.

Are you talking a normal safety or the slowest one in the history of slow?

• Like 1

Watched RRS again last night.

Williams really was everywhere that game.  Seemed built for that game plan.  Downhill attacking tackles.  Didn't realize he forced one of those fumbled too.

He was seemingly gonna be a big part of the versatility.

Who steps up in his place?  Or do we play the starters more snaps

• Like 1