Hey PK -- What would you say you do here?

LTtxfan

30 minutes ago, UThomas said:

The picks were some dudes making plays.  Felt like our edge rusher 11 (Simmons)kept getting just shoved wide though all game on his speed move.  Y’all see that?

That kinda pash rush works when the qb panics and starts bailing away from the line of scrimmage….im sure you’ve seen it before. 

• Like 1

Other than a few missed tackles that would’ve saved a few yards and first down and their one long scoring drive, the defense played fine.   Ninety percent of tonight’s shit show was on the offense.    You couldn’t say that in many of our loses in the past.   PK has redeemed himself nicely, IMO from his first year or two as the DC.

• Hook 'Em 2

D was fine. Simmons desperately needs a second pitch on pass rush. Sorrell seemed like a dif guy tonight. Wish gbenda got more action early, they were playing bully and he’s much more fit for that. 

I’ll also say that uga dropped about 5 open passes, awful drops. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2024 at 12:02 AM, Surly Bevo said:

First half UGA scoring drive yardage.

All because of the dick around offense
Defense acquitted itself well given the shit sandwich it was handed. 

Expanding on this with an good post from the LHN subreddit:

I've seen this alluded to but not really discussed. The defense played better than you think and the offense played worse. Here are UGA's drive summaries from the first half:

• First drive starts at the UGA 25 and ends in a punt.

• Second drive starts at the UGA 17 and ends in a pick (UT gets the ball at the UGA 42 and goes nowhere).

• Third drive starts at the UGA 20, ends in an interception. Texas gets the ball on its own 5 yard line, take the ball to the 28, then fumbles it back.

• Fourth drive starts at the UT 13, ends in a TD. In other words, UGA's offense got the ball inside the Texas 20 and scored 7. (total: +13 yards, +7 points). The next UT drive starts back in our territory and ends in a terrible punt. So...

• Fifth drive starts at the UT 28, ends in a FG from the UT 15 (total: +26 yards, +10 points). The next UT drive ends in an interception, so...

• UGA's sixth drive starts at the Texas 34, ends in a TD (total: +60 yards, +17 points).

• Seventh drive starts at the UGA 45, ends in a field goal. I'm not adding this to the total because the UGA offense "earned it" even though they started off at their own 45.

• Eight drive starts at the UGA 20, ends in a punt. UT's next drive ends with the Manning fumble, so...

• UGA's ninth drive starts at the UT 30, ends in a field goal after they only gained 4 yards (total: +64 yards, +20 points).

The score at half was UGA 23, UT 0. UGA only scored 3 points when they had to start on their side of the field - and not even deep on their side of the field, I'm talking just barely. To score the other 20 points in the first half, UGA's offense only had to travel 64 yards.

Fucking 20 points, off of only 60 yards of offense. If our offense had just held the ball and punted at an average level, UGA is probably up by less than 10 at half time. The defense played one of their best games of the year, and the offense turned around and fucked them. Like, actively worked to undermine all the work our defense was doing.

We're not doomed. UGA is a very good team, especially on defense. But this game was winnable but for some terrible decision making and execution by Sark, Quinn, and the O-line, in that order.

PK is not getting paid enough.

• Hook 'Em 5

56 minutes ago, BurgleBro said:

Has our D shown any pre snap realignment the way OU and UGA have recently against us? 

Different styles i guess. 

I’d suggest you think back to September 2022 at DKR.  Imagine a CB.  Let’s call him Watts rushes off the edge and has a clear shot at the QB.  Now imagine him at CB in DKR in October 2024.  Only wearing a Georgia uniform.

One might encourage you to call it again.  The other?  Well, would you?