Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Body in Congress? Oh you mean Marjorie!

Pancho

40 minutes ago, bolverk said:

My pet theory is that many of our broadcast "journalists" didn't actually go to journalism school in college but instead majored in mass communications. 

Must be a good theory. Kyle Clark has a journalism degree and dude is a good interviewer 

• Hook 'Em 5

The problem is the "news" networks are much more interested in driving ratings and making money than being responsible stewards of journalism.  

Powerful and important guests help drive those ratings.  If they're too tough on their guests, said guests will not return to be interviewed and that diminishes their content. 

We were a better country when the large broadcasters actually had news departments that were not counted on to generate revenue and profit. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Macanudo said:

None of the cable networks are news anymore.   They are opinion oriented.  

The cable networks are for-profit corporations.

They want your eyeballs watching as many commercials as possible, by keeping you watching for longer.

The best way is to maintain a comfortable echo-chamber for you, so you’ll get the warm, fuzzy feeling of opinion reinforcement.

its a win-win for the cable news operations, since it’s a hell of a lot cheaper to run one studio, enjoy limited expenses for news gathering, and, as a bonus, most of these interviewees are in a quid pro quo relationship with the cable news outlets, and agree to be on at no cost.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TeeDubya said:

The cable networks are for-profit corporations.

They want your eyeballs watching as many commercials as possible, by keeping you watching for longer.

The Ozempic commercial plays 832 times a day on TV. That’s a conservative estimate.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

On 9/6/2024 at 7:59 PM, Mo Horn said:

I love British journalists. They ask the questions that need to be asked. And we are an embarrassment in the eyes of the rest of the world. 

For decades since Reagan every GOP has claimed we're the laughing stock of the world walking around with a "kick me" note taped to our backs when a Dem is in office. It's the most juvenile and false appeal imaginable, yet it gets picked up and repeated time and time again evidently to good effect.

Trump pushing heads of state out of the way or upstaging QE2 in reviewing the troops or scenes like this:

RTX37QAP-1024x706.jpg

The already iconic G7 photo is a Trump Rorschach test | CNN Politics

image.png.9a83d88ef3c11676084608837a8408a6.png

Or Trump being the only NATO leader not to attend a memorial to AMERICAN soldiers who died in WW1.

Idiot World

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

For decades since Reagan every GOP has claimed we're the laughing stock of the world walking around with a "kick me" note taped to our backs when a Dem is in office. It's the most juvenile and false appeal imaginable, yet it gets picked up and repeated time and time again evidently to good effect.

Trump pushing heads of state out of the way or upstaging QE2 in reviewing the troops or scenes like this:

RTX37QAP-1024x706.jpg

The already iconic G7 photo is a Trump Rorschach test | CNN Politics

image.png.9a83d88ef3c11676084608837a8408a6.png

Or Trump being the only NATO leader not to attend a memorial to AMERICAN soldiers who died in WW1.

Idiot World

In the second pic, there’s no doubt Trump has command of the room. 

7 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

I think MTG might be banging some desi uncle donor with a massive beer gut and mustache. 

She’s dating a fucking loser from McKinney, TX named Brian Glenn.  Dude walked out on his wife and kids for her and is a top notch fucking douche.  He used to be on NBC5 in Dallas.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Pancho said:

Something is up with her. 

I

I guess what she's saying is that the story about the person dying was false? Not the other stupid story.

How could the Harris team possibly guess that the questions would be on the economy, Ukraine, Israel/Palestine, etc.

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I guess what she's saying is that the story about the person dying was false? Not the other stupid story.

How could the Harris team possibly guess that the questions would be on the economy, Ukraine, Israel/Palestine, etc.

Right? Oh they might ask me questions about the economy, inflation, Jan 6, abortion? Who could have guessed!