Industry (HBO)

wild_turkey

8 hours ago, A-Tex Devil said:

It was clearly an Uncut Gems nod, right?

Yes, caught a podcast earlier today recapping episode and was mentioned it was a nod to uncut gems. 

I wouldn't say there's no likeable characters because I like Rishi, Eric and Yas but none of them have any sort of redeeming quality. Maybe Rob?

This show is incredible and I don't know dick about the financial world they're in. 

Like how they are mirroring the SVB collapse, a bit.  

Rob is in a position to bring down a lot of people, but somehow I don’t think that’s the direction this show goes. 

Harper is the/a villain now, right?  I feel like her arc this year is like the rise of the secondary villain in preparation to be the main antagonist after they dispense with Robb Stark this year.  

Yeah….  I dunno.  Has there been anything in the background that suggests she could pull it off?  Her new rich Illuminati friends?

Perhaps she pushed him off the boat and his body finally washed up somewhere? There’s not much to pull off in that type of scenario.

14 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Perhaps she pushed him off the boat and his body finally washed up somewhere? There’s not much to pull off in that type of scenario.

Ahhhh.... so she's been sitting on this the whole time.  Didn't think about that.  Trying to consider if that is consistent with her reactions, etc. Probably is.  

Ahhhh.... so she's been sitting on this the whole time.  Didn't think about that.  Trying to consider if that is consistent with her reactions, etc. Probably is.  

It seems plausible from what I remember. She has been distraught all season and we only saw bits and pieces of the time on the boat. I could picture a situation in which he went after her again, especially if they were both fucked up, and then she pushed him off and never told anyone. More of a self defense than a cold blooded murder.