NCAA Football

MillerEP

On 7/17/2024 at 12:07 PM, Fastbreak said:

The CSU QB was 31-36 for 549 yards. Not sure how to defend the pass…I usually just play the edge rusher (Burke).

I started blitzing instead of running a cover 3.  I play Burke as my edge too.  The guy on the otherside trey moore ended up winning the Heisman

I started blitzing instead of running a cover 3.  I play Burke as my edge too.  The guy on the otherside trey moore ended up winning the Heisman

I’ve played a couple of games. Been using Burke until I think I’ve got stuff figured out.

Nickel over storm brave is still a great blitz. I think I ran it 8x in a row playing tech on all American and got a sack or hit the qb every time. Sent Burke wide and let the LB come through.

Ok how do you get the QB to keep on the RPO? I cannot seem to make it work.
Also and recruiting strategies? I just started my UTSA dynasty. I usually have been going “send the house” or whatever on my top targets. Seems to work pretty well to land them (landed the number #1 overall player in year two after going 7-6 and was 3-4 at the time of commitment) but I don’t seem to be able to fill out a class. 
My first two classes each consisted of 1 or 2 5* guys, handful of 4* and 3*. Great except I only was able to land like 18 guys total each season. I guess I need to try doing the “sway” and “hard sell” stuff.
Defense is fucking impossible. Lost game 1 of year two to aggy 73-63 (I only play a couple games a year, 7 min quarters).

I think on the RPO the only options are handing it off or throwing the ball. I could be wrong. Do you mean how do you hand it off or how does the QB actually keep it? I don’t know if he can. But I don’t know for sure.

As far as recruiting, it def can be hit or miss on certain guys but you definitely have to spend time on it if you are really after certain targets. I did “auto recruit” a few seasons and it kind of sucked. I don’t have a strategy other than “send the house” on my main targets, removing guys who get way out of reach (get those points back) and trying for other guys late. I’ve signed a few guys late in the season after not recruiting them the whole year. Also transfer portal guys. I’ve signed 2-3 per year that have been good quality. Ex: Earnest Greene at LT for one season. Not bad for lil ol Tyler State University. Hahaha.
Oh, and I like the absurdity of some of the recruits. My son got a qb with 98 speed and 94 throwing arm as a true FR. crazy, but fun.

I rarely play defense, usually only play offense. I will say, finding the right sliders helps make things more fun, for me any way. I want it to be challenging but realistic. After my team got better, playing crappy teams like New Mexico etc, my average win is like 40-21. If I’m playing a power five team my games are closer. I’ve lost a few since the D is all on their own.

Side note: I love the Kansas and Okie state playbook when I’m tryin to balance out my offense. I’ve tried others but those standout.

I’ve also read that the downloadable playbooks users make are not showing up in dynasty. I can confirm. Kinda sucks.

Team builder is fun. Took me a little bit to figure out how to get online to create a team, but once I did, it’s awesome. Tyler State is the team I made and I think their uniforms are sweet. :)

3 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’ve played a couple of games. Been using Burke until I think I’ve got stuff figured out.

Nickel over storm brave is still a great blitz. I think I ran it 8x in a row playing tech on all American and got a sack or hit the qb every time. Sent Burke wide and let the LB come through.

Yep.  That's what I do on a safety blitz on Burke's side.  Push him out wide.  Speed rush to make the lineman commit so the safety has a free gap to the QB.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 10:25 PM, Speedtrucker said:

I like that there are 2 “big game”(ESPN) and “broadcast” (abc) teams but man this really woulda been a huge opportunity to go big by adding the “fox” crew of Gus and Joel as a 3rd team.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

On 7/21/2024 at 10:53 AM, Jkwellborn said:

They screwed up swapping the option controls. Before, you had to hold x to hand off on a read. Now you don’t touch anything and it screws me up.

Yes changing it sucks but I will say it makes more sense like this. If you want the QB to keep you hold A (or X on PS5) which is actually holding something to KEEP the ball which sort of intuitively means pulling the ball is a button now. 

They couldn't keep it as hold the button for give because there's so much more RPO stuff now, there's buttons to keep the ball then pass, there's a button to alert pass hot ect..

Curious to see how Ultimate Team plays out. Admittedly, I am a sucker for this mode on Madden, something about unlocking different versions of the great players of all time scratches an itch for me. Anyone know if they got the rights to all the historical players or if it’s just current? VY possibly at some point? Seems like if they have them for Madden they would have them for this.

Doing RTG as a WR. Every other pass is a bullet that gets picked off by underneath coverage when there's nobody between me and the end zone. C'mon Quinn, get it together.

• Rage+1 1

I have spent a LOT of time playing Dynasty mode. Lots of issues but dammit, I am still loving it. haha. Big update came out yesterday which should help a lot of different things. I just keep thinking that the CFB revamped guys on the EA team won't let this thing suck...I just think they released it a LITTLE early to get it out before the season and they will continue to update it throughout the year. Either way, I have enjoyed it. 

i play dynasty on xbox one. before this game came out i was playing ncaa 06 dynasty on an old 360. it’s the same exact game with better graphics. same exact bullshit EA scripting and cheating. i mean i just love how they program every single cpu db to be hyper aware of every passed ball, breaking on it with expert like precision, and accruing pick-6’s like parking tickets while my goddamn cpu controlled wr’s just act like they have no fucking clue that a ball is being thrown in their general direction.

madden, ncaa, fifa, it’s a constant- the cpu players are programmed to be 100% on top of everything while your cpu-controlled teammates are programmed to go full retard, completely oblivious to the athletic competition taking place all around them. that, and the “big game” EA adjustments (ie scripting- every game feels the same until you play OU, play in the playoffs/title game etc and then suddenly the cpu is OPOPOPOPOP) i’d all list all too familiar.

everyone who paid for this game, including me, is a fat fucking stupid loser who deserves all of the bad things that are going to happen to you as you play this game. shame on you. shame on us.

i love how cj baxter is no.1 on my depth chart, statistically the best rb in the country, and yet he shares carries with two other guys, and there’s apparently nothing i can do about it.

oh yeah, hey, EA: the OU fans have the tunnel end of the cotton bowl; Texas is on the closed in. but i can understand how something so trivial and inconsequential can have slipped by you and your “ZOMFG FIRST TOME THIS HAME IS OUT IN 10 YEARS GUYS!!!” mind frame. losers, all of us.

18 hours ago, Derka said:

oh yeah, hey, EA: the OU fans have the tunnel end of the cotton bowl; Texas is on the closed in. but i can understand how something so trivial and inconsequential can have slipped by you and your “ZOMFG FIRST TOME THIS HAME IS OUT IN 10 YEARS GUYS!!!” mind frame. losers, all of us.

NCAA Football used to play The Eyes of Texas after each touchdown instead of Texas Fight until like 2003. EA's claims about being super authentic to college tradition has always been wanting.

seriously, how do i get cj baxter to just stay on the field? it’s a total rb-by-committee situation going on and it makes no sense.

Don’t use him. It only takes a few touches in a row and he starts getting pulled every so often. Nothing more aggravating than calling an inside run and seeing Blue in there.

8 hours ago, Derka said:

seriously, how do i get cj baxter to just stay on the field? it’s a total rb-by-committee situation going on and it makes no sense.

I assume you've already tried adjusting HB auto subs to "0"?

I was at buddies house today so I took a peak at the Texas roster. Are Cam Williams and Alfred Collins not in the game? They had a shitty white guy starting at DT even after I reordered the depth chart and the RT was small and played like ass. I also didn't see Spencer Shannon.

Edited by Best served cold

On 8/13/2024 at 8:52 AM, Foosters said:

I assume you've already tried adjusting HB auto subs to "0"?

i just wet and drastically reduced the sub in/sub out sliders for RBs. started up a new game, ran CJ first play, second play a true freshman RB is in. this is all classic EA. every time you get an EA sports game the very first thing you have to do is go adjust all of the stupid ass shit they’ve fucked up, only it turns out that adjusting the sliders doesn’t actually change anything. same shit different decade. death upon the houses of everyone at EA and a pox upon everyone at frostbite.

Edited by Derka

i’ve run four plays, all runs. first play was CJ for 13 yards. next three plays have all been runs to his backup. god damn there is no limit to the fiery passion with which i hate EA Sports. i’ve boycotted their games for more than five years now and they got me to slip up and buy this one. never again. literally, one of my “if i won the megaball” purchases would be buying/dissolving EA Sports. there’s a reason that EA gets voted the worst company in america every year. i just wish we’d all stop buying their shit.

i just wet and drastically reduced the sub in/sub out sliders for RBs. started up a new game, ran CJ first play, second play a true freshman RB is in. this is all classic EA. every time you get an EA sports game the very first thing you have to do is go adjust all of the stupid ass shit they’ve fucked up, only it turns out that adjusting the sliders doesn’t actually change anything. same shit different decade. death upon the houses of everyone at EA and a pox upon everyone at frostbite.

Whenever I’ve played and Baxter is subbed out, Blue comes in. After him, I’m pretty sure it’s Wisner. It’s #26 anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Why the hell can’t I step back and sling the ball quick and on point? I’m pretty solid passing across most of the field, but short stuff that needs to get there in a hurry, I’m fucked. It’s cost me a couple of games because of pick 6s. And a ton of yards because guys have a chance to make a tackle

On 8/24/2024 at 9:43 PM, Jkwellborn said:

Why the hell can’t I step back and sling the ball quick and on point? I’m pretty solid passing across most of the field, but short stuff that needs to get there in a hurry, I’m fucked. It’s cost me a couple of games because of pick 6s. And a ton of yards because guys have a chance to make a tackle

Hmm. You may have answered your own question. Trying to make a throw too quickly or with bad footwork usually means bad things in the game. I was blown away the first time I dropped back, threw a deep ball and right as I released it my QB got nailed. DEF affected the throw and it came up short for an INT. Old game that thing would fly out the same if your QB was on the ground. haha. 

Anyway, I assume you are trying to throw it too quickly. One thing I have been doing lately is hitting the L1 (name?) button on the Xbox One before the snap. You can choose what you want your OL to do. When I KNOW I need time, I will choose "max protect". It definitely helps, especially when you have a RB back there to help block. Try that out too.

• Hook 'Em 1

Hmm. You may have answered your own question. Trying to make a throw too quickly or with bad footwork usually means bad things in the game. I was blown away the first time I dropped back, threw a deep ball and right as I released it my QB got nailed. DEF affected the throw and it came up short for an INT. Old game that thing would fly out the same if your QB was on the ground. haha. 
Anyway, I assume you are trying to throw it too quickly. One thing I have been doing lately is hitting the L1 (name?) button on the Xbox One before the snap. You can choose what you want your OL to do. When I KNOW I need time, I will choose "max protect". It definitely helps, especially when you have a RB back there to help block. Try that out too.

I understand when they get hit. But if Bond is running a 2 yd hitch on a pro and the DB is nearly 10yds off, I should be able to get it there without it being a pick 6.