NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

38 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

image.thumb.png.a7a0b500f56924fcfe9948eaae2b59ea.png

There's a very real possibility I need glasses but I can't imagine a scenario where we're ranked 3rd in the country but OU fans buy out almost all of the north endzone tickets.

• Haha 4

OK, so there are some badass features in this game:

CampusIQ seems like it is going to actually force you to do more game management, which is a good thing instead of spamming hail mary to Xavier Worthy every play. 

The defensive switch stick that lets you switch defenders in the secondary looks really interesting. 

The route tree and custom stem lengths at the line of scrimmage are going to be sweet.

The ability for defenses to disguise coverages is also going to be pretty awesome. 

1500 new plays, 50 different formations, and 134 team playbooks and ability to make custom playbooks.. fuck. yes. Pistol, Veer & Shoot, Power Spread, etc. etc. etc. etc.

AI makes adjustments in game like shades, bump and run, double teams, disguise coverage, etc. 

Love the animations, 400 new ones added. The one with Ollie Gordon doing the stutter step looks awesome. 

Real weather impacts on cutting ability, passing accuracy, tackling, etc. 

Enhanced play action effects in certain situations.

46 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

image.thumb.png.908767d9ca84e398b93283b92084a6a1.png

UFCU/ ex Bobcat Stadium model missing entire upper deck (or lower deck depending on how you look at it). 0/10 review will not be buying game. 

Maybe they should have sent in a current rendering to EA...

be9b826c-6167-4dab-9089-f0a5c226cbf0_tex

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

It honestly looks like they did send in a pretty good rendering, and then EA only used half of it…

You gotta think like a business and do the math. Is the amount of money it costs to fix the stadium worth the extra number of units sold due to the fix? If not, then don't do it. 

Not to be mean about it, but nobody gives a shit if Southwest's stadium looks right. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Park Gothic said:

You gotta think like a business and do the math. Is the amount of money it costs to fix the stadium worth the extra number of units sold due to the fix? If not, then don't do it. 

Not to be mean about it, but nobody gives a shit if Southwest's stadium looks right. 

I understand the business logic behind “fuck them G5 schools” that’s a fact of life, just frustrating that EA got it right in 2014 but couldn’t be bothered when the game finally comes back 10 years later.

Old man yelling at cloud rant over, will go back to just being happy Texas State is in the game at all and run a dynasty train on everyone even with half a stadium. 

The Texas OU game seems to have an array of oversight. A very EA thing to do would be to take something they got barely right in 2013 and get it completely wrong in 2024.

I thought the gameplay and lighting looked good.

Some of the player models are odd. They have Travis Hunter looking like he has Sergio Kindle's physique. If they didn't render that guy accurately then there shouldn't be much optimism for literally anyone else. It still sounds like they haven't rounded all the edges yet. But overall it looks fun. 

19 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

UFCU/ ex Bobcat Stadium model missing entire upper deck (or lower deck depending on how you look at it). 0/10 review will not be buying game. 

Our long national nightmare might be over:

image.thumb.png.0c5eea8c481fe3bc753598a981e54bd5.png

Nice to read that they seem to want to get things right and represent everyone accurately and not just the blue bloods, will see how it actually shakes out tho

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

LMAO like anyone cares. That upper deck never fills up anyway. Texas State Bobcat football is crap. 

• Fuck You 1

17 hours ago, Chooky said:

The Texas OU game seems to have an array of oversight. A very EA thing to do would be to take something they got barely right in 2013 and get it completely wrong in 2024.

I thought the gameplay and lighting looked good.

Some of the player models are odd. They have Travis Hunter looking like he has Sergio Kindle's physique. If they didn't render that guy accurately then there shouldn't be much optimism for literally anyone else. It still sounds like they haven't rounded all the edges yet. But overall it looks fun. 

They didnt do any actual facial capture or real renderings due to the logistics of trying to do it for thousands of people. Im not too broken up about the player models, they look good on the field.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

They didnt do any actual facial capture or real renderings due to the logistics of trying to do it for thousands of people. Im not too broken up about the player models, they look good on the field.

Another thing I've noticed is that there isn't a single shot in any review trailer that has shadows from an upper deck stretching over a sideline. Every shadow in every stadium comes from behind an endzone, including DKR. They had that in multiple versions prior to 2014. Wonder if it'll be fixed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

OK you assholes. Since we are entering the home stretch until game release, I figured I would put together a list of fun dynasty teams to play with. The ones I have seen online and in videos are mostly dumb and lack imagination.

G5/Indy Schools

Texas State - Tx State is a prime target due to it's profile. Lower level G5 team, on the rise a bit under Kinne, but situated in a great recruiting area. I had not thought of this until now, but Texas State is within 250 miles of 6 P4 schools and a top level G5 school - Texas, A&M, Baylor, TCU, SMU, Houston, and UTSA. That makes for really fun recruiting battles, plus they have unique uniforms and a cool small stadium. 

UTSA - A bit of an easier road than Texas State, but not by much. It would be fun to see UTSA climb the conference ladder into a P4 school. 

FIU - Situated right down the road from Miami, they have been a bit up and down. They also have to contend with Florida, Florida State, Miami, and UCF as P4 schools in their own state but should be in one of the best local talent locations in the game in Miami-Dade.

The Military Schools - Army/Navy/Airforce all have similar profiles and fun option offenses, but unlike their true life counterparts, they can access the transfer portal to rebuild their rosters. 

San Diego State - I have always loved their uniforms, they are in SoCal recruiting area, and they generally have decent talent for a G5. 

UNLV - The GoGo offense will be on display in the game, and that will make for some really fun games and plays to run.

App State - Hands down one of the coolest football fields in America, plus it would be fun to build up more of a smashmouth team from a G5 level. 

Kennesaw State - Bottom Dweller FBS new entrant with nothing going for it. 

Buffalo - Because who doesn't like playing football in 3 feet of snow. 

Oregon State - The rabid beaver revenge tour starts here. Plus it is right down the road from Oregon and Washington and scheduling should be fun.

P4 Schools 

Arizona State - Perpetual under performer with awesome uniforms, a great location for recruiting, and a steady flow of 5 star CoEds to get caught up in multiple scandals and find yourself passed out naked on a sorority pool table.

Minnesota - Decent B1G school that could quickly upset the balance of traditional powers while feasting your eyes on husky pasty female fans between plays.

Indiana - You could maybe recruit a good enough football player to have the poster of Larry Bird taken down out of the football stadium. 

Vandy - It will be fun to drop the construction crane through the visiting locker room at halftime. 

Rutgers - Just to remind people that they do in fact play football in New Jersey. 

Maryland - Why they have never been better than they are is a mystery to me. You would have to endure helmets that look like they are self immolating while on hallucinogens, but otherwise could easily be built into a powerhouse. 

Just wanted to throw this out there for those upgrading systems like I did. 

If you're like me and hated the PS controllers because of where the analog sticks are located (being that in most games the left analog is preferred for direction/ movement, if not required), the good news is the controllers on PS5 are bigger, so it's much better controlling than the previous systems. My problems with the old controllers were my left hand cramping between the thumb and index, plus the general inaccuracies in playing games where the left analog controls walking/running. Especially in football games because the angles I would take to the ball had me giving up touchdowns so easily. I haven't checked to see if there are after market XBOX style controllers for the system yet, just because I already feel bad spending so much money in anticipation of this game. But I don't anticipate needing one, either. 

Anyways, hope that helps someone!

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Just wanted to throw this out there for those upgrading systems like I did. 

If you're like me and hated the PS controllers because of where the analog sticks are located (being that in most games the left analog is preferred for direction/ movement, if not required), the good news is the controllers on PS5 are bigger, so it's much better controlling than the previous systems. My problems with the old controllers were my left hand cramping between the thumb and index, plus the general inaccuracies in playing games where the left analog controls walking/running. Especially in football games because the angles I would take to the ball had me giving up touchdowns so easily. I haven't checked to see if there are after market XBOX style controllers for the system yet, just because I already feel bad spending so much money in anticipation of this game. But I don't anticipate needing one, either. 

Anyways, hope that helps someone!

PS5 controllers are one of the high points of the console. The haptic system is really advanced and it does feel better in the hand. I have not had any issues with it. It would be cool to see EA do something with the controller that lets you just move the whole thing left and it does a jumpcut or something but I doubt that happens this year.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 5/25/2024 at 9:44 AM, Longboard Horn said:

Yes if you read the thread from a few pages ago I already preordered. Yo ass bout to get murked again! 103-36 last time we played. 🤣

We haven't played each other in years. And bitch fuck you for putting my business out there lol. Definitely won't be any lopsided score again. Revenge in one month. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i have to upgrade my console in order to be able to play this game.  what are the board's collective thoughts on the Xbox Series S?

So I didn't own a next gen console until a few weeks ago. 

I went PS5. Better exclusives (I LOVE Ghost of Tsushima and Returnal). 

If price is your only hurdle, then the series S is your answer, its digital only. However if not, there isn't much benefit of the Series X over the PS5. The PS5 is the better console graphically and has better exclusives. I think I can say this, and I could be wrong, but most people on this board have a PS5. I don't know if that impacts your decision. I use an Elite Series 2 controller on PC for some games and I still went PS5, if that helps at all. I thought, and still think, its the better console. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

If you are only buying a system for the game and maybe a random game here and there, The S is probably plenty right?

Yeah, I did the digital only version of the PS5 for basically the same reason. Although I have to admit, SpiderMan 2 that came with the console is pretty great. It is basically Arkham Asylum but in the Spiderverse and across all of a perfectly mapped New York City. It will be NCAA, plus maybe something like GTA VI when it comes out in a year or so. 

Edited by Vertigo

On 6/7/2024 at 12:04 PM, Vertigo said:

OK you assholes. Since we are entering the home stretch until game release, I figured I would put together a list of fun dynasty teams to play with. The ones I have seen online and in videos are mostly dumb and lack imagination.

G5/Indy Schools

Texas State - Tx State is a prime target due to it's profile. Lower level G5 team, on the rise a bit under Kinne, but situated in a great recruiting area. I had not thought of this until now, but Texas State is within 250 miles of 6 P4 schools and a top level G5 school - Texas, A&M, Baylor, TCU, SMU, Houston, and UTSA. That makes for really fun recruiting battles, plus they have unique uniforms and a cool small stadium. 

UTSA - A bit of an easier road than Texas State, but not by much. It would be fun to see UTSA climb the conference ladder into a P4 school. 

FIU - Situated right down the road from Miami, they have been a bit up and down. They also have to contend with Florida, Florida State, Miami, and UCF as P4 schools in their own state but should be in one of the best local talent locations in the game in Miami-Dade.

The Military Schools - Army/Navy/Airforce all have similar profiles and fun option offenses, but unlike their true life counterparts, they can access the transfer portal to rebuild their rosters. 

San Diego State - I have always loved their uniforms, they are in SoCal recruiting area, and they generally have decent talent for a G5. 

UNLV - The GoGo offense will be on display in the game, and that will make for some really fun games and plays to run.

App State - Hands down one of the coolest football fields in America, plus it would be fun to build up more of a smashmouth team from a G5 level. 

Kennesaw State - Bottom Dweller FBS new entrant with nothing going for it. 

Buffalo - Because who doesn't like playing football in 3 feet of snow. 

Oregon State - The rabid beaver revenge tour starts here. Plus it is right down the road from Oregon and Washington and scheduling should be fun.

P4 Schools 

Arizona State - Perpetual under performer with awesome uniforms, a great location for recruiting, and a steady flow of 5 star CoEds to get caught up in multiple scandals and find yourself passed out naked on a sorority pool table.

Minnesota - Decent B1G school that could quickly upset the balance of traditional powers while feasting your eyes on husky pasty female fans between plays.

Indiana - You could maybe recruit a good enough football player to have the poster of Larry Bird taken down out of the football stadium. 

Vandy - It will be fun to drop the construction crane through the visiting locker room at halftime. 

Rutgers - Just to remind people that they do in fact play football in New Jersey. 

Maryland - Why they have never been better than they are is a mystery to me. You would have to endure helmets that look like they are self immolating while on hallucinogens, but otherwise could easily be built into a powerhouse. 

No Virginia? Great Uniforms, great regional recruiting, the ACC is full of pageantry, mini coliseum stadium, challenging P4, etc. I’ll be starting with Sam Houston. I believe I can elevate their program enough for a Big12 invite. 

14 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

appreciate all the feedback!  i am not much of a gamer at all (as is likely apparent since i don't already have a nextgen system) and was hoping that i'd receive the responses that i got.  my gaming time will likely be 99% devoted to the NCAA game and 1% devoted to NBA 2K.

Then Series S makes the most sense. There's no reason to waste money on graphics for those games. Its significantly cheaper but you cant buy physical copies. Next gen consoles are coming out in 2026 so honestly it makes the most sense in general

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe this will help them get through a tough week:

IMG_9905.png.7fe1921032b4016f160b4afe4ed0ec8b.png

Full top 25

Spoiler

1: Kyle Field - Texas A&M

2: Bryant-Denny Stadium - Alabama

3: Tiger Stadium - LSU

4: Ohio Stadium - Ohio State

5: Sanford Stadium - Georgia

6: Beaver Stadium - Penn State

7: Camp Randall Stadium - Wisconsin

8: Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium - Oklahoma

9: Doak S. Campbell Stadium - Florida State

10: Ben Hill Griffin Stadium - Florida

11: Autzen Stadium - Oregon

12: Memorial Stadium - Clemson

13: Neyland Stadium - Tennessee

14: Jordan-Hare Stadium - Auburn

15: Williams-Brice Stadium - South Carolina

16: Michigan Stadium - Michigan

17: Lane Stadium - Virginia Tech

18: Rice-Eccles Stadium - Utah

19: Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium - Texas

20: Kinnick Stadium - Iowa

21: Notre Dame Stadium - Notre Dame

22: Spartan Stadium - Michigan State

23: Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium - Arkansas

24: Albertsons Stadium - Boise State

25: Davis Wade Stadium - Mississippi State

11 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Maybe this will help them get through a tough week:

IMG_9905.png.7fe1921032b4016f160b4afe4ed0ec8b.png

Full top 25

Hide contents

1: Kyle Field - Texas A&M

2: Bryant-Denny Stadium - Alabama

3: Tiger Stadium - LSU

4: Ohio Stadium - Ohio State

5: Sanford Stadium - Georgia

6: Beaver Stadium - Penn State

7: Camp Randall Stadium - Wisconsin

8: Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium - Oklahoma

9: Doak S. Campbell Stadium - Florida State

10: Ben Hill Griffin Stadium - Florida

11: Autzen Stadium - Oregon

12: Memorial Stadium - Clemson

13: Neyland Stadium - Tennessee

14: Jordan-Hare Stadium - Auburn

15: Williams-Brice Stadium - South Carolina

16: Michigan Stadium - Michigan

17: Lane Stadium - Virginia Tech

18: Rice-Eccles Stadium - Utah

19: Darrell K. Royal - Texas Memorial Stadium - Texas

20: Kinnick Stadium - Iowa

21: Notre Dame Stadium - Notre Dame

22: Spartan Stadium - Michigan State

23: Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium - Arkansas

24: Albertsons Stadium - Boise State

25: Davis Wade Stadium - Mississippi State

one would think that with their home stadium being the "hardest place to play in the country" they would win more conference games at home. over last 5 years (excluding the 2020 COVID outlier year) they 12-6 in conference at home lol

if you want a real big laugh, over the same timeframe overall they are 25-7 thanks to playing such awesome teams at home like SHSU, Lamar, PV A&M, ULa-Monroe, UAB, Kent State, New Mexico, UMass and ACU.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

one would think that with their home stadium being the "hardest place to play in the country" they would win more conference games at home. over last 5 years (excluding the 2020 COVID outlier year) they 12-6 in conference at home lol

if you want a real big laugh, over the same timeframe overall they are 25-7 thanks to playing such awesome teams at home like SHSU, Lamar, PV A&M, ULa-Monroe, UAB, Kent State, New Mexico, UMass and ACU.

Like every other internet list ever, it’s just engagement farming. You swap some obvious rankings to get people talking about it.