NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

8 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Oh, I bought mine three months ago, 100% for this game.  I've had some fun dicking around with MLB The Show, FIFA or whatever it's called now, and Mortal Kombat.

But today's the big day.

I sure hope EA nailed this one.

If you have a TV or monitor capable of 120 fps, I can't recommend Doom Eternal enough. 

LOL at Tech fans thinking anyone gives half a shit about Tech.  Hell, the only two reasons anyone outside of the SW has ever seen a Texas Tech game aren't on your schedule anymore.  You think you're not getting enough attention, now, lol...?

The drive from San Angelo to Lubbock is abysmal. That’s the feeling of a Dad that put a Son through Angelo State, and used his place as a respite, following the Bijan fumble in OT.

Hook’em!!!

Posted (edited)

So can you play against people online for a quick exhibition game?  I’m trying to figure this shit out.  Also, I did a quick play through against ou on Heisman mode and Quinn is sucking.

Edited by victory88

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

So jelly of you fuckers right now. Already spent too much on the PS5 and decided to pre-order with a best but gift card I had.

Oh well, the weekend will be fun...

Buy they EA pass. It’s $5. It will allow you to download it and play for 10 hours until your copy comes in Friday. That’s what I did to hold me over at least a day or 2 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
48 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:
Decided FIU was gonna be who I take to the promised land.  First game 2 pick 6s in the first qtr. couldn’t force a single punt and got fucked for 4 qtrs non consensual style. 

Mack Brown vs OU, is that you?

Too god damned soon!

• Like 1

Presentation and player movement is awesome. The commentary is incredibly stiff. Sometimes Herbstreit sounds like he woke up from a scotch bender and recorded some audio with a bloody mary.

The sim logic is completely fucked. So fucked up I really can't believe they released it. Get ready to see Liberty and Tulsa dominate the playoffs in the 3rd season of your dynasty while OSU, Georgia, and Penn State are all sub .500.

Player editing for computer generated players is idiotically limited. I get they want to avoid potential litigation, but you can't change numbers or equipment but they allow you to change the names, which defeats the legal caution. You can name a player Barry Sanders but you can't take the neck roll and offensive lineman facemask off your cornerback. And if your 5 star corner is also wearing #49, you can just fuck off and ignore it because EA decided you don't get to change that for no other reason than meaningless restrictions.

No formation subs. Wow. 11 years to remove features that were the bare minimum of expectation. Want to move that reciever to the slot for just that one formation? Fuck you. You can't. Because reasons. Or no reason whatsoever. The customization options are basically zero. 

• Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Presentation and player movement is awesome. The commentary is incredibly stiff. Sometimes Herbstreit sounds like he woke up from a scotch bender and recorded some audio with a bloody mary.

The sim logic is completely fucked. So fucked up I really can't believe they released it. Get ready to see Liberty and Tulsa dominate the playoffs in the 3rd season of your dynasty while OSU, Georgia, and Penn State are all sub .500.

Player editing for computer generated players is idiotically limited. I get they want to avoid potential litigation, but you can't change numbers or equipment but they allow you to change the names, which defeats the legal caution. You can name a player Barry Sanders but you can't take the neck roll and offensive lineman facemask off your cornerback. And if your 5 star corner is also wearing #49, you can just fuck off and ignore it because EA decided you don't get to change that for no other reason than meaningless restrictions.

No formation subs. Wow. 11 years to remove features that were the bare minimum of expectation. Want to move that reciever to the slot for just that one formation? Fuck you. You can't. Because reasons. Or no reason whatsoever. The customization options are basically zero. 

Damn, that’s disappointing. I’m glad gameplay is at least good. They will patch some shit if enough people bitch about it. 

on dynasty recruiting are you stuck with auto pipelines or can you make new pipelines if you recruit an area enough (ex: Southern California)

8 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Damn, that’s disappointing. I’m glad gameplay is at least good. They will patch some shit if enough people bitch about it. 

on dynasty recruiting are you stuck with auto pipelines or can you make new pipelines if you recruit an area enough (ex: Southern California)

You can make new pipelines and then have to maintain them. Recruiting seems very cool so far. And there's new tweeks to pipelines. Florida is broken up into 3 regions. Georgia can be a pipeline but Atlanta is its own pipeline within. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

I bought the preorder and then boss called three days of meetings in Nashville 

Should've told him you had covid symptoms. Stay home, keep faking sick, play the game, cream jeans over destroying ou and aggy, rinse and repeat.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

You can make new pipelines and then have to maintain them. Recruiting seems very cool so far. And there's new tweeks to pipelines. Florida is broken up into 3 regions. Georgia can be a pipeline but Atlanta is its own pipeline within. 

How hard is tackling. From what I’ve seen the defenders do very little “auto” tackling and it’s more on the user. Lots of ppl diving all over the place 

3 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

How hard is tackling. From what I’ve seen the defenders do very little “auto” tackling and it’s more on the user. Lots of ppl diving all over the place 

Defense feels impossible to me on multiple levels but that might just be because I suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Decided FIU was gonna be who I take to the promised land.  First game 2 pick 6s in the first qtr. couldn’t force a single punt and got fucked for 4 qtrs non consensual style. 

I forced three punts and my AI players roughed the punter on all three.  The game is cool but there is a broad range of glitchy nonsense.  I assume an array of patches are being deployed.  But, then again, this is EA so probably not.  EA should rebrand and change their name to Blackwater.

Posted (edited)

Keep in mind that we're still in pre-order, i.e. beta testing with several million users.  I'd bet an awful lot of money that there will be a bunch of fixes between now and Friday.

For what it's worth, I played two full games and ran a ton of plays on the practice field yesterday, and I only saw one glitch -- the AI let the play clock expire even though it came to the line with like 15 seconds.  Otherwise, pretty flawless, and an awful lot of fun.

I'm happy with it (so far).  Hopefully they'll listen to the player base and keep improving it.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Keep in mind that we're still in pre-order, i.e. beta testing with several million users.  I'd bet an awful lot of money that there will be a bunch of fixes between now and Friday.

For what it's worth, I played two full games and ran a ton of plays on the practice field yesterday, and I only saw one glitch -- the AI let the play clock expire even though it came to the line with like 15 seconds.  Otherwise, pretty flawless, and an awful lot of fun.

I'm happy with it.

I'm mostly happy with it too. Just glad to have any college game again. Thanks O'Bannon. 

It would be nice if EA didn't use their most responsive fans as beta testers and implemented their own ... beta testers. You know, before the game released.

I recruited a guy named J. Epstein. Our in program suicide prevention team will deploy 10 armed guards around him at all times. If he starts taking about starting a model agency we'll force him into the portal. 

• Hook 'Em 1