NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

And whichever programmer accidently made the player profile for wide receiver's tendency label "deep throat" instead of "deep threat" is either a complete moron or a total fucking genius. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Jkwellborn said:

You know you can take a PlayStation to the hotel.

I used to back in old days have an xbox backpack and i would take xbox on road. 

With the always on/cloud nature of software and trying to connect to hotel wifi it seems like would be more of pain then old days of physical discs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

A black yell leader? /no racist 

Don't you remember Ronnie McDonald ('91) and Arouna Davies, Jr. ('02)? That's two from 30 and 20 years ago in the 117 year history of the squad. You can't argue with those stats.

Fun fact, neither one was a Cadet unlike most Yell Leaders.

Another fun fact: The Yell Leaders began as a way to entertain and keep a trainload of Texas Woman's University ladies from leaving a 1907 game early because aggy was getting their ass kicked. Another losing tradition.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Another fun fact: The Yell Leaders began as a way to entertain and keep a trainload of Texas Woman's University ladies from leaving a 1907 game early

train.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

Damn, that’s disappointing. I’m glad gameplay is at least good. They will patch some shit if enough people bitch about it. 

on dynasty recruiting are you stuck with auto pipelines or can you make new pipelines if you recruit an area enough (ex: Southern California)

We'll see. A lot of nostalgia has kicked in for everyone who grew up playing NCAA. It's still EA Sports, though. And Madden has sucked forever now. Their game engines are very flawed and they have zero desires to fix them. They have no competition for licensed NFL/NCAA games. I have seen a ton of videos going around about a ton of flaws, the same stuff that has been there when NCAA was being released yearly. They never really bothered fixing any of the glitches in their tenure. They mailed it in for Madden and NCAA. Instead of fixing the core gameplay engine, they add useless gimmicks such as you can pump yourself up using a burner account, lol wtf. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

They have the fans on the wrong ends of the stadium in the Cotton Bowl for the OU game - or more likely, they have the “visitor” side as the tunnel side. They need to fix that, it just looks wrong seeing Texas fans around the tunnel. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

I have thoroughly enjoyed my 12 year old son beating the shit out of me for the last two days. This asshole knows all the tricks and I can't even consistently complete a pass. I need to watch YouTube videos all day evidently.

I have learned he doesn't know protections and I can shift shit to just run the ball. Baxter isn't fast enough to do it though. Need to recruit a better back. Never thought this day would come. I almost lost to CSU with him playing them. Fuck. This can't be real life.

8 minutes ago, freyguy said:

I've practiced for 2 days, I think I have offense down.

Now on to defense.

I'm so old.....🤣

Same.  I do really like how they did the mini games, they're kinda fun and challenging to get gold, especially if you're against Georgia's defense.

44 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

Same.  I do really like how they did the mini games, they're kinda fun and challenging to get gold, especially if you're against Georgia's defense.

The passing target games are pissing me off.

• Hook 'Em 1

WHY THE F DID THEY CHANGE THE READ OPTION BUTTON?! Holy hell this has me in a major funk. I’ve been a CFB revamped user for awhile so I never stopped playing. Muscle memory won’t let go

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dignan said:

WHY THE F DID THEY CHANGE THE READ OPTION BUTTON?! Holy hell this has me in a major funk. I’ve been a CFB revamped user for awhile so I never stopped playing. Muscle memory won’t let go

Thing is they didn’t change anything, the goofballs that made this game aren’t the same goofballs that made ncaa. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fucking interceptions man. Jesus Christ I can throw em 

I'm loving the new precision passing or whatever the hell it's called. Can finally put the ball over a linebacker's head instead of accidentally throwing it on a rope. 

So am I blind or can you not see the recruits' overall ratings when you scout them 100%?

Edited by Bevo14

3 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

I'm loving the new precision passing or whatever the hell it's called. Can finally put the ball over a linebacker's head instead of accidentally throwing it on a rope. 

So am I blind or can you not see the recruits' overall ratings when you scout them 100%?

I still don't know the controls on how to do this.

If you are getting intercepted a ton you are not running enough to keep the safeties honest, I was having the same issue yesterday but now Bond is leading the Heisman race on pure bombs (and jet sweeps which are overpowered).

Tried RPOs twice and both failed with linemen downfield, I still don't know if there is a way to tell them to always stop after five yards

3 hours ago, linux said:

I still don't know the controls on how to do this.

If you are getting intercepted a ton you are not running enough to keep the safeties honest, I was having the same issue yesterday but now Bond is leading the Heisman race on pure bombs (and jet sweeps which are overpowered).

Tried RPOs twice and both failed with linemen downfield, I still don't know if there is a way to tell them to always stop after five yards

You just hold the corresponding receiver button down to throw harder/ tighter arc, similar to how it was before but more direct control of the trajectory. You can still lead passes in whatever direction by turning the stick too. There might be more to it but that's been working for me. I'd recommend doing the minicamp pocket presence drills at the top of the list.

Finally sitting down to play and after going through xbox update and having to reconnect WiFi and still haven’t started playing that I do miss the days of just putting a disc in and fucking playing a game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

Finally sitting down to play and after going through xbox update and having to reconnect WiFi and still haven’t started playing that I do miss the days of just putting a disc in and fucking playing a game. 

Now an EA update. Jeez

Posted (edited)

Every game I have played so far has been a fucking shoot out. If you are fortunate enough to get a couple of turnovers, you can blow someone out, but expecting to get stops on the defensive side of the ball is near impossible, especially if your opponent goes into to up tempo. You literally have a second or two to pick a play, and next to no time to change players or check into better coverages.

Also, God forbid you are the visiting team and your opponent gains momentum and the crowd gets into the game. When this happens, you cannot audible on offense either. I have used more timeouts on this game in 3 days than in my previous NCAA playing career combined. I feel like Charlie Strong with a controller.

Edited by FloridaHorn
  • Haha 1