NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

I'll reiterate that for those struggling with gameplay, or even for those who aren't, finding the right formula for sliders can make all the difference in the world. The guys at OperationSports usually come up with some awesome settings that can totally change the way the game plays. Here's one as an example. Can't vouch for these particular ones, but gives you an idea. Tinker until you find what works for you

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-college-football-sliders/1021129-playmakers-cfb-25-varsity-all-american-simulation-sliders.html

Loving the game so far.  The running game and jet motion is fucking fun and realistic.  I actually do much better running then throwing.  Also, cannot for the life of me figure out RPOs.  I probably need to go through a tutorial.  The jukes, spins moves, feel for the game while running is the best EA has ever done it.  Defense has been wild for me.  I'm either getting 7 picks a game or just getting shredded.  There doesn't seem to be an in-between.  I also love playing away games.  Feels so much more realistic if it's a tight game, crowd is into it, and I can't audible.  Just the game itself feels about as close to real life as possible compared to previous versions.  

Anyone have playbooks they like?  I love the Texas playbook with all the jet motions.  I feel like I run the ball much better.  Ran the Oregon playbook and threw like 5 interceptions.

Loving the game so far.  The running game and jet motion is fucking fun and realistic.  I actually do much better running then throwing.  Also, cannot for the life of me figure out RPOs.  I probably need to go through a tutorial.  The jukes, spins moves, feel for the game while running is the best EA has ever done it.  Defense has been wild for me.  I'm either getting 7 picks a game or just getting shredded.  There doesn't seem to be an in-between.  I also love playing away games.  Feels so much more realistic if it's a tight game, crowd is into it, and I can't audible.  Just the game itself feels about as close to real life as possible compared to previous versions.  

Anyone have playbooks they like?  I love the Texas playbook with all the jet motions.  I feel like I run the ball much better.  Ran the Oregon playbook and threw like 5 interceptions.
How accurate are the playbooks in respect to what the teams actually employ? In the original series, they were pretty good about each team having what they run. I read a few comments that the playbooks in this game are pretty stripped down and generic across the board.

I dunno I do really really well with field goals but mostly because it is the most traditional thing in the game.

I don't really play defense, I think I did alright picking plays and just controlling the DL, I even do weird temporary splits to confuse the AI to run a play into a blatant hole. That said the simulation does an infinitely better job at it than me (except against Florida for some reason) so I select the option to play only as offense and just learn the game one side at a time.  

38 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
4 hours ago, victory88 said:

How accurate are the playbooks in respect to what the teams actually employ? In the original series, they were pretty good about each team having what they run. I read a few comments that the playbooks in this game are pretty stripped down and generic across the board.

I’ve only really played with Texas in exhibition games and UTSA for my dynasty.  The Texas play book is pretty spot on with tons of motion, jet sweeps, pistol/gun formation, and 2 TE sets.  Baxter is a monster in the game.  I played a few buddies online and they could not take him down.  I don’t know if this is what Sark is intending to do but I seem to find Niblack open deep a ton.  He’s such a mismatch in the game.  Bond is just unfair on the jet.  Haven’t found anyone that can stop it yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
6 hours ago, victory88 said:

They seem very accurate but the playbooks are way smaller than they were in '14. You can probably add plays from other books but I haven't messed with any of that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

I’ve only really played with Texas in exhibition games and UTSA for my dynasty.  The Texas play book is pretty spot on with tons of motion, jet sweeps, pistol/gun formation, and 2 TE sets.  Baxter is a monster in the game.  I played a few buddies online and they could not take him down.  I don’t know if this is what Sark is intending to do but I seem to find Niblack open deep a ton.  He’s such a mismatch in the game.  Bond is just unfair on the jet.  Haven’t found anyone that can stop it yet.

Georgia gave me fits and had to diversify, they actually jammed and released correctly giving the jet sweep a chance to lose yardage. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just got the game and played my first game on All-American against A&M after a couple minutes in a practice. Pretty goddamn hard, or maybe I just suck. Went down 17-0 quick and had 6 total yards at the half. Lucked into a pick 6 in the third and finally hit a couple passes. Ended up winning 18-17, Gavin Holmes with a sealing pick as time expired. 

I might just play on freshman from now on. Zero desire to ever play online, I just want something to blow off steam at the end of the day. I don’t need ESPN instant classics every game. It’s also bullshit that a three-score comeback isn’t an Achievement. 

17 hours ago, Chooky said:

They seem very accurate but the playbooks are way smaller than they were in '14. You can probably add plays from other books but I haven't messed with any of that. 

Yep that is kind of the general consensus I have read. Very stripped down playbooks across the board. As I am older now, the stripped down playbooks probably resonate with me now as I just don't have the attention span to dive deep in these games like I used to growing up but I always enjoyed the vast, unique playbooks in NCAA vs what they had in Madden. Which made sense because the college game had more unique styles of offense vs the pros.

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Yep that is kind of the general consensus I have read. Very stripped down playbooks across the board. As I am older now, the stripped down playbooks probably resonate with me now as I just don't have the attention span to dive deep in these games like I used to growing up but I always enjoyed the vast, unique playbooks in NCAA vs what they had in Madden. Which made sense because the college game had more unique styles of offense vs the pros.

I think the plan is to add real plays from the teams as the season goes on. It is also a bit deceptive. There are not a ton of plays in each formation, but you have far more formations than you did in NCAA 14. I was using Northwestern last night and they have like 15 formations out of shotgun and another 8 out of pistol. Each has 6-15 plays in it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

IMG_2509.thumb.JPG.5715bf15ed9ca03be9ad71099a14c761.JPG

Finally, FINALLY a game that accurately depicts college football.  I for one appreciate having 5 of the top 5 Heisman candidates.  I'm 3 games into the season and Trey Moore is a cheat code, I have about 25 sacks with him in 3 games.

image.thumb.jpeg.e074ac5cab5a15040daa420ce2bfeeb9.jpeg

Looking forward to our 100 point MoV this year, anything less is a disappointment.

Edited by Horn of Gabriel
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Had to...

20240719-130923.jpg

Initial impressions--

1. Holy shit the graphics and realistic player movements are insane. I can see why people say running the ball is a lot easier. 

2. They've got some of our starters with different names. Cam Williams, Bill Norton and Collin Simmons were the ones I primarily noticed. 

3. Holy intricacies batman! Audibles, subs, motions... All not really inherent, to me, at least, but seem like something you pickup with more practice. 

4. Kicking had me confused at first because I couldn't kick very far. By accident, I held the button down longer and realize this is where power comes into play. So the horizontal meter is accuracy, push on green, and keep holding the button down until the arrow is green. A little different but not too hard to master. 

5. Running the ball (as previously mentioned) is much easier and passing is much more difficult. I was playing on freshman just to make sure I had the controls understood, so most throws were to wide open receivers. When they didn't have much separation and I tried forcing it, the pass would be incomplete the majority of the time. Definitely gotta practice. 

6. Tackling didn't seem too difficult despite what some have said. The big caveat here is that you can't just run into a player and expect the AI to do it for you. If you're diving/ going for the big hit everytime, you'll miss. Often. 

Overall just so happy to have the game back and can't wait to explore all the other things, recruiting especially. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Got the game at midnight eastern time. Played the son Texas vs Texas for our inaugural game. We struggled on offense badly in the first half. Then he figured it out, but I got better at defense. Two pick sixes later I had 5 pt lead with 10 seconds left. Of course I go for the blitz so that I can sack his ass and send him to bed with a humiliating L. Well, the little punk hit Bond on an out and up and won the game…

quite frankly, I’m glad he won. It’s the passing of the torch to a new generation of degenerate EA college sports game enthusiasts. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 1

Getting better after a few games a day this week.

RPOs were really pissing me off at first until I did a bit of practice and realized the actual RPO play call (alert vs read vs peek, etc) is really important to the mechanic. Most of them are a one-read quick pass or a handoff where it hands off if you don’t throw it quick. But if it’s a slower developing multi-route RPO, that’s when you can press A (Xbox) to pull the ball back from the RB and then throw it to receiver. 

Defense is tough and my biggest complaint is player switching. Haven’t played this game or really any Madden since 2012 probably, but it used to be where when you hit the switch player button on D it almost always put you to the player you were expecting it to, most often the player closest to the ball. Here I often end up switching to some CB up the field who dives and takes himself out of the play.

• Hook 'Em 1

Got the game at midnight eastern time. Played the son Texas vs Texas for our inaugural game. We struggled on offense badly in the first half. Then he figured it out, but I got better at defense. Two pick sixes later I had 5 pt lead with 10 seconds left. Of course I go for the blitz so that I can sack his ass and send him to bed with a humiliating L. Well, the little punk hit Bond on an out and up and won the game…
quite frankly, I’m glad he won. It’s the passing of the torch to a new generation of degenerate EA college sports game enthusiasts. 

I remember the first time my best friends son beat him at Madden. He made him turn the game off and go to his room. lol
  • Haha 1

Bond is a cheat code on Heisman difficulty. Any time I get pissed off, the first play action play on that first shotgun formation always works against a close coverage. His 98 speed paired with Ewers throwing perfect bombs is a lovely combination.

• Hook 'Em 1

26 minutes ago, fellside said:

Bond is a cheat code on Heisman difficulty. Any time I get pissed off, the first play action play on that first shotgun formation always works against a close coverage. His 98 speed paired with Ewers throwing perfect bombs is a lovely combination.

Niblack is also a ridiculous mismatch as well. 

Hopefully both are harbingers for the upcoming season. 

3 hours ago, Deej said:

You put Ewers back in after a weak 3rd quarter performance by Manning?

Oklahoma started the third quarter with the ball and kept running it and chewing the clock picking up a few first downs and played keep away from me until I finally forced a fumble to get the ball back. They held it for four minutes. Then I threw a quick strike to Isaiah Bond for a quick quick touchdown 

Is there like a “practice level” in order to figure out the controller, prior to playing an actual game? My son wants me to come over tomorrow PM and play/check it out.

It’s been a decade + since I’ve even played a game. I know he’s going to beat me, but I hope that there’s a way to check it out for like 15-30 mins prior to playing a game.

Hook’em!!

2 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Is there like a “practice level” in order to figure out the controller, prior to playing an actual game? My son wants me to come over tomorrow PM and play/check it out.

It’s been a decade + since I’ve even played a game. I know he’s going to beat me, but I hope that there’s a way to check it out for like 15-30 mins prior to playing a game.

Hook’em!!

At least you get to experience the feeling of Charlie Strong on game day. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

Hook’em!!

Yes, there's a practice mode.

But, you're probably gonna have to put in a helluva lot more time than 30 minutes to get any level of competency against the youngsters who game all day.

• Like 1

First game. OU. Defense got a three and out. First play on offense, hit Bond on a deep cross and split the defenders and house it for 70 yards. Please be like real life. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Getting to the point where I always win on All-American but it is just abusing the jet sweep with Bond and then flipping the play with Bolden. I am not good enough to move to Heisman difficulty

Next up is learning defense since there were too many shootouts late in the playoffs. 

Does anyone know how to switch Baker to right tackle? I can't find that option for the life of me, I convinced Banks to stay but need Baker at RT cause it is a wasteland there.

8 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Quinn’s stats for my first regular season. So naturally the Heisman goes to…

IMG_5997.jpeg

IMG_5998.jpeg

This exact same situation happened to me. Ewers had 68 TDs and they still gave it to Moore who had 28 sacks. Bond even finished ahead of Ewers. 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Quinn’s stats for my first regular season. So naturally the Heisman goes to…

IMG_5997.jpeg

IMG_5998.jpeg

No way a player with 15 sacks 32 tackles should win the heisman vs crazy offensive numbers these days.  Has to be an update fix coming for that too.  

Edited by Hook1997

9 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Holy shit I'm bad at this game. Slowly getting back in the groove, though. 

Better than me

Picked up my physical copy today

Currently camping at McKinney Falls

Going to Barton Springs tomorrow

Still undefeated though I guess