NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

Millennial's guide to beating Tweens

They’re calling run-pass options that turn into 70-yard touchdown passes; the old NCAA games didn’t even have RPOs. They’re manipulating how deep their defenses drop in zone coverage to replicate Nick Saban’s schemes; do you even know what “Mable” coverage is? These little fuckers do, and they’re going to use it to pick off that corner route that used to work every time back in the PlayStation 3 era.

Nobody wants to give up 50 points to a 12-year-old who already knows how to trigger all the touchdown celebrations. Not only are you losing to a tween, but you also have to watch the same stupid Griddy animation over and over again as they run up the score. It’s a scary proposition, but we have to be brave. We can’t let these kids win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Hey just a heads up for Xbox S players:  If you're running in to terrible input lag (e: this is where you press a button and there's a noticeable delay between that and the response you see) you can change your resolution and refresh rate in the Xbox menu settings to unfuck it.  I got a new TV and was all excited to throat fuck Nebraska for the first game on it, except the huge delay made kicking very difficult.  Turned it down to 1080@120hz (from 4k at 60) and can suddenly kick somewhere other than directly sideways into the stands.

X and PS5 are more powerful devices, so they probably aren't as affected by this.  I went and ordered some HDMI 2.1 cables that allow 4k120 just to see how it is (the current cables are like a decade old), but the S may have some issues with it regardless. Kind of curious what sort of framerate this game is running at at the different resolutions on the various consoles.

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I have yet to play this game below All American level. All you pussies scoring 100 points on ranked opponents need to step up the difficulty.

Scoring 100 is doable on full length quarters, get up to 40 on 5 minute ones.

Now the goose egg... yeah you guys are cheating going that easy.

17 hours ago, NoRagrets said:

Got the game at midnight eastern time. Played the son Texas vs Texas for our inaugural game. We struggled on offense badly in the first half. Then he figured it out, but I got better at defense. Two pick sixes later I had 5 pt lead with 10 seconds left. Of course I go for the blitz so that I can sack his ass and send him to bed with a humiliating L. Well, the little punk hit Bond on an out and up and won the game…

quite frankly, I’m glad he won. It’s the passing of the torch to a new generation of degenerate EA college sports game enthusiasts. 

Username checks out 

Just got my game! How many minutes y'all playing a quarter? When I played this game 10 years ago it was 5 minutes a quarter and I still put up ridiculous numbers.

I’ve always been a 5 min qtr person, since that was the default. Haven’t played this one yet, but that’s most likely what I’ll do.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Just got my game! How many minutes y'all playing a quarter? When I played this game 10 years ago it was 5 minutes a quarter and I still put up ridiculous numbers.

I've always done 5-minute quarters for games against friends and 8-minute quarters for dynasty so that you get around 60-65 plays for each team.  Makes the box scores and season totals look about right and puts more clock management into it, I think.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 2

Anyone play online with randoms on road to college football mode?  I ended up 4-2 yesterday.  Most of my wins ended up rage quitting by halftime.  One 16 year old was talking so much shit after he started a game with an interception and took a quick lead only to throw 3 picks and be down 2 scores by half time.  The play that made him rage quit was him pinning me at the 1 yard line on a punt and I housed it 99 yards on a HB dive play with Baxter on the very first play lmao.  He lost his shit and quit.  I love it.

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I have yet to play this game below All American level. All you pussies scoring 100 points on ranked opponents need to step up the difficulty.

Except against OU. I am still considering lowering to freshman for that game each season to beat them 200-0.

I'm playing All-American with the only slider adjustments being CPU QB ACC and WR catching. It was stupid at first but overall I'm getting close to needing to increase the difficulty now. But there's never a good reason for a scrub team to be 33-36 passing against a top team. They can't do that against air. 

• Hook 'Em 1

I dropped 55 against Michigan in the big house then proceeded to beat UTSA 14-10 in a nail biter. Defense is hard. And I really hate that you can’t edit player formations. That was a big part of recruiting knowing exactly where I’d be able to line a player up in each formation. 
overall it’s fun, just need to practice. Dynasty seems a little dry tho. 

Just beat ou 43-24 in a wild one.  They returned a punt for a score and blocked a punt to set up another score.  I had a pick-6 and a safety.  Quinn threw for 302 and 3 TD's.  

I'm still getting sacked too often.  I used to roll out on anything other than quick slants or outs, but the defensive ends in this game are much better at shutting that down.

Also, ou still sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Just beat ou 43-24 in a wild one.  They returned a punt for a score and blocked a punt to set up another score.  I had a pick-6 and a safety.  Quinn threw for 302 and 3 TD's.  

I'm still getting sacked too often.  I used to roll out on anything other than quick slants or outs, but the defensive ends in this game are much better at shutting that down.

Also, ou still sucks.

Yeah play action is fucked. If the first read isn’t open you have no chance, even then it feels like I’m throwing it off my back foot a lot just to get it off 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Except against OU. I am still considering lowering to freshman for that game each season to beat them 200-0.

I'm playing All-American with the only slider adjustments being CPU QB ACC and WR catching. It was stupid at first but overall I'm getting close to needing to increase the difficulty now. But there's never a good reason for a scrub team to be 33-36 passing against a top team. They can't do that against air. 

💯, because fuck ousux. 

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Anyone play online with randoms on road to college football mode?  I ended up 4-2 yesterday.  Most of my wins ended up rage quitting by halftime.  One 16 year old was talking so much shit after he started a game with an interception and took a quick lead only to throw 3 picks and be down 2 scores by half time.  The play that made him rage quit was him pinning me at the 1 yard line on a punt and I housed it 99 yards on a HB dive play with Baxter on the very first play lmao.  He lost his shit and quit.  I love it.

Ah, takes me back to Tecmo Super Bowl days.  Getting into fist fights with my little brother over him rage quitting when my Oilers would beat his Eagles in the 4th quarter.  Those were the days.

• Like 1

During my first dynasty season on varsity skill level I ran through the teams I played. I let 2 games play out via Sim. First was Georgia. It was late and I just wanted to see the next week in recruiting so I figured I would see what the computer did. I lost 55-17. Ha BS. 2nd game was Kentucky. Lost that too. Cost me a spot in the SEC championship. I’m in the CFP semis now but I found it funny how the computer decided those games. 

Going to see my Texas dynasty through Arch and then retire and start a rebuild with either TxSt or Air Force.

How in the fuck does the other teams DB always jump 20 feet in the air 10 yards away from the ball to swat it down on every fucking pass while my DB politely waits for them to catch the ball for a 49 yard gain on 3rd and 20? 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, drifter379 said:

How in the fuck does the other teams DB always jump 20 feet in the air 10 yards away from the ball to swat it down on every fucking pass while my DB politely waits for them to catch the ball for a 49 yard gain on 3rd and 20? 

Is Todd Orlando your D Coordinator?

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

During my first dynasty season on varsity skill level I ran through the teams I played. I let 2 games play out via Sim. First was Georgia. It was late and I just wanted to see the next week in recruiting so I figured I would see what the computer did. I lost 55-17. Ha BS. 2nd game was Kentucky. Lost that too. Cost me a spot in the SEC championship. I’m in the CFP semis now but I found it funny how the computer decided those games. 

Going to see my Texas dynasty through Arch and then retire and start a rebuild with either TxSt or Air Force.

I don’t get how crap like this happens but even in the old school iPhone game I play sometimes, Retro Bowl Football I’ll be playing Huntsville (Sam Houston) in the playoffs.  But EA with that much data and rankings per team, seems to follow the level it out on sim mode to make everyone happy model but with prestige and team rankings that shouldn’t be happening.  

Edited by Hook1997

Posted (edited)

If anyone is having trouble with the gameplay, just know that I started with about 30 minutes of practice and ended up pitching the ball across the field with either Baxter or a WR about 5 times, because I keep wanting to use that button to juke left. The last time I played NCAA Football was back when controllers had like 4 buttons and having 38 buttons on a controller/system that's brand new to me is Mensa-level shit. I have to look at the button labels on the controller just to fucking pass to who I want to. With that being said, I still decided to play on Freshman against OU Sucks and still won 36-0. Bond went 5-185 with 3 TDs. Highlight was Baxter being at the OU 1 yard line, when I accidentally had him pitch it backwards, where it rolled along the ground and OU recovered around the 50. Shockingly, I look like Justin Tucker out there on field goals, because it's an easy 1-button action that just depends on timing.

PS: If you somehow don't have the game/an Xbox Series X but are still reading this thread, Target has a 20% off deal when you buy them together, and you can stack it with a 20% student or teacher discount.  Ends today.

Edited by OU Sucks
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

I dropped 55 against Michigan in the big house then proceeded to beat UTSA 14-10 in a nail biter. Defense is hard. And I really hate that you can’t edit player formations. That was a big part of recruiting knowing exactly where I’d be able to line a player up in each formation. 

I lost to Sam Houston State on Varsity mode

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Vertigo said:

That's really not the brag you think it is, dork.

On 7/18/2024 at 8:38 AM, Foosters said:

I'll reiterate that for those struggling with gameplay, or even for those who aren't, finding the right formula for sliders can make all the difference in the world. The guys at OperationSports usually come up with some awesome settings that can totally change the way the game plays. Here's one as an example. Can't vouch for these particular ones, but gives you an idea. Tinker until you find what works for you

https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/ea-sports-college-football-sliders/1021129-playmakers-cfb-25-varsity-all-american-simulation-sliders.html

I’ve never touched sliders. But will try now 

2 hours ago, drifter379 said:

Sounds like Texas secondary this millennium 

57 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Can someone explain to me how to execute any of the RPOs? I can’t seem to get the QB to keep ever 

You have to pass quickly. Practice one where you just snap it then immediately throw to the pass read. Then work on timing from there.

• Hook 'Em 2

From my game Cameron Williams and Alfred Collins are missing, don't know if the fake players are replacements or not. Norton and Colin Simmons are in the game,  the game moved Baker to RT on its own after making it impossible for me to do so.

Only played two games so far, one on freshman and one on varsity. Holy cow, there’s a ton of stuff you can do. Also, Bond is insane.

I’ve gotten more delay of game penalties in these two games than I have in the rest of them combined. I can’t hardly find anything.

Mini games are awesome.

11 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

Beat Tech with UNT 38-10 then beat Wyoming 17-14. Couldn’t stop the fucking run 

Baxter has been impossible for me to keep healthy. He has been hurt in every game and just went out for season with compound fractured leg vs Vandy. Blue just doesn’t have the burst to drive my run game. I’m hoping my 5* recruit signs…

7 hours ago, QuesoEspecial said:

Yes…was supposed to arrive yesterday and now Amazon forecasts a Monday delivery 😡

Amazon said the Crowdstrike outage was causing delivery some.delivery delays. 

I bought this for my son on Xbox, told him I get first game so I went straight to the cotton bowl and played ousucks. First play from scrimmage bond takes the jet sweep to the house for 80 yards on a r1 juke into a spin move for 6. I handed him the controller after the extra point and said “that’ll do”. 

after watching him play the first thing I noticed is if you try and roll formations and look for plays you won’t have time so you either take the coach suggested play or set up your no huddle offense plays. Of course I haven’t played in 11 years so I’m sure it gets easier once you know where to go. I love the crowd noise and can’t see the play though. 

Yeah, I like being forced into a more limited playbook on the road, with just a handful of completely memorized pass plays, and no hot routes or audibles.  It makes me feel like that Michigan game is gonna be tough, whereas if I had them at home, should be a W.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

Anyone else preorder and haven’t received their copy yet?

Preorder though Best Buy, they set it on a shelf for you. You go pick it up on the day it’s out.