NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

Forced Michigan into a 3 and out to start the game. They boom a 55 yard punt, but wait...roughing the punter even though replay doesn't show him getting touched. 

Big 12 refs, it's in the game. 

Also, no coin flip? Computer randomly chooses who receives to start the game. I have yet to not kickoff to start the game. Dynasty, play now...it doesn't matter. Just weird. 

2 hours ago, Deej said:

Forced Michigan into a 3 and out to start the game. They boom a 55 yard punt, but wait...roughing the punter even though replay doesn't show him getting touched. 

Big 12 refs, it's in the game. 

Also, no coin flip? Computer randomly chooses who receives to start the game. I have yet to not kickoff to start the game. Dynasty, play now...it doesn't matter. Just weird. 

I am 8 games deep in dynasty mode and I have seen about 15 roughing the kicker calls….punts, field goals and extra points.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I am 8 games deep in dynasty mode and I have seen about 15 roughing the kicker calls….punts, field goals and extra points.

Yeah, it's wonky on a few fronts. I just pick punt safe and safe on field goals as well. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah play action is fucked.   I haven’t played as or against Texas yet. But my son calls me and says. Who the hell is this Trey Moore. He’s abusing the shit out of me and I cannot do anything.  Texas is smoking me 45-15

let’s hope and pray 

Edited by Sgt Hulk

Did a shotgun recruiting strategy where I offered all 5 stars regardless of where they had me in their list, the class ended up second but only cause Sark lookalike has good recruting chops and I recovered late, could have been a disaster though since there is a hard 35 prospect limit.

Starting the first season without Arch, Bond, and Golden, the OL was like swiss cheese though don't know what to expect. 

I am thinking about changing the the playbook next year because I just can't get behind the RPO interface.  The Texas playbook is so RPO heavy that i am always feeling constrained.

10-1 going into the A&M game with the conference title on the line.  We will see what happens tonight...

• Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Yeah play action is fucked.   I haven’t played as or against Texas yet. But my son calls me and says. Who the hell is this Trey Moore. He’s abusing the shit out of me and I cannot do anything.  Texas is smoking me 45-15

let’s hope and pray 

Someone posted a Trey Moore heisman earlier. Just finished my first reg season - he’s my heisman (21 sacks, 41 tfl)

The animations don’t suck shit like madden 

game plays fast, realistic, fun

awesome

fuck CFB for going to a 2 min warning though shit is lame

threw a pick first game but also got a pick, it’s not shit tier passing like madden

RPO controls don’t make any sense I need practice I guess

overall, fucking badass, Texas WRs and defense is fucking BEAST

fuck aggy

19 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

I am thinking about changing the the playbook next year because I just can't get behind the RPO interface.  The Texas playbook is so RPO heavy that i am always feeling constrained.

10-1 going into the A&M game with the conference title on the line.  We will see what happens tonight...

IMG_6807.gif

I went to my Son’s apartment this PM to play the new game. I haven’t played a video game in 10+ years, while he’s a gamer of all the newest “shooter” games like Call of Duty. He said it was so hard playing on the highest level that he was only .500 playing against the computer.

I did enjoy seeing the updated graphics and content compared to the previous decade/version. I didn’t even try to play.

I just drank beer and paid for the pizza delivery. After getting up at 6:00 both days this weekend to watch the British Open, it was a good weekend. Congrats to Xander.

Hook’em!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well first online game

played totally legit, missed 2 field goals because of the silly mechanics

they got 4 impossible 4th downs though the game… then they scored on a lucky tip drill catch with zero seconds on the clock to tie it, went for 2 and scrambled in

still cheesy online I guess that’s just how online is

Anybody wanna play hmu it’s bevo409

IMG_3082.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

I still have not run a single RPO pass where linemen were not downfield, WTF something is seriously wrong. Also contested OUT passes are automatic ints. have come to just rely on fade routes and reading the safeties, 4/4 automatic 90 yard TDs to Wingo.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Well first online game

played totally legit, missed 2 field goals because of the silly mechanics

they got 4 impossible 4th downs though the game… then they scored on a lucky tip drill catch with zero seconds on the clock to tie it, went for 2 and scrambled in

still cheesy online I guess that’s just how online is

Anybody wanna play hmu it’s bevo409

IMG_3082.jpeg

I’ll look for your username. I’m BigBevo on PlayStation.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, linux said:

I still have not run a single RPO pass where linemen were not downfield, WTF something is seriously wrong. Also contested OUT passes are automatic ints. have come to just rely on fade routes and reading the safeties, 4/4 automatic 90 yard TDs to Wingo.

You have to throw it immediately at the snap or they will run down field. Once you get it RPOs are pretty nasty. The motions out of the backfield to Blue and Bolden are unstoppable.

my biggest gripe is that the sims are fucked. I started 3-0 with a win vs Michigan on the road, simmed 1 game and lost to ULM at home. Makes zero sense.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

You have to throw it immediately at the snap or they will run down field. Once you get it RPOs are pretty nasty. The motions out of the backfield to Blue and Bolden are unstoppable.

my biggest gripe is that the sims are fucked. I started 3-0 with a win vs Michigan on the road, simmed 1 game and lost to ULM at home. Makes zero sense.

Yeah it’s wack you have to babysit your sims. 

Play a quarter and whip ass, then sim a quarter. Then sim to end and sit there and watch it to be sure no fuckery is afoot. 

On 7/20/2024 at 7:30 PM, hobbes2702 said:

Can someone explain to me how to execute any of the RPOs? I can’t seem to get the QB to keep ever 

Tap x to hike the ball and it auto hands off to HB. Hold x to keep the ball with the qb and then your pass options are available. 

Pump fakes are terrible even if the line could block for more than 2 seconds getting the exact timimg of say double press square and then press and hold X takes forever.

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

I’ve been throwing it almost immediately after the snap.

I think that works fine on alert RPOs

Another tip - let go of turbo to juke. Just a slight touch left or right on the right stick while not holding RT will make guys miss consistently. 

• Like 1

It's a fun game and it has taken up a lot of my free time the last few days, but yeah, there are some DEFINITE glitches. The game has quit on me a couple of times right as I am starting to play a game. SUCKS that you can't edit new recruits in dynasty mode. I don't want 3 white running backs, sorry. Nor should my deep threat WR be white. heh. For some of you saying stuff about throwing INTs or not having enough time to play action, look up the operation sports sliders for gameplay. It has made the game a lot more enjoyable for me. Some close games, some not. WAY fewer INTs and I actually have some time to throw on pass plays. not all the time and it definite depends who I am playing. I posted on the Video Game thread, but just search for those sliders on Google. I can't link it from my work computer because site is blocked. Since I messed with the sliders I have had a LOT more fun playing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Chooky said:

Play action feels broken in general. The computer will feast on me instantly even if I'm busy trying to tap the closest single read. 

Dude, I was getting my butt whooped the first week.  Running the ball effectively and then when I would see the safeties creep up, I go to play action but I would get sacked within a second of the fake handoff or have to throw on my back foot.  Since then, I run the ball or throw out of 3-4 WR bunch sets with out play action or empty sets and haven't lost a game against the cpu.  I was getting sacked like 6-7 times a game and throwing so many interceptions off play action.  They need to fix it.  

Playing on freshman mode and Ethan Burke has like 25 sacks at mid year,  and is Heisman fav, followed by Broughton with 18, and Moore with like 15. Ewers rounds it out and 4 of top 5 on Heisman watch list are Horns lol.

Recruiting is a different story. In week 10 I have only like 9 commits three 5 star and six 4 stars. Getting destroyed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Dude, I was getting my butt whooped the first week.  Running the ball effectively and then when I would see the safeties creep up, I go to play action but I would get sacked within a second of the fake handoff or have to throw on my back foot.  Since then, I run the ball or throw out of 3-4 WR bunch sets with out play action or empty sets and haven't lost a game against the cpu.  I was getting sacked like 6-7 times a game and throwing so many interceptions off play action.  They need to fix it.  

I haven't played a football video game in probably 8 years, but it feels like play action in video game has been useless my entire life. All it's ever done is give the pas rush a head start.

Apparently I'm locked out of my EA account and it won't relink to my xbox live account because it can only be done once a lifetime. Guess I can't play online! Offline play though is okay. The ranking system is still fucked. I was undefeated going into the A&M game yet I was still ranked below them with their 2 losses. There's also a bug where my linemen are going downfield and my touchdown bombs get called back. 

The only visual bug I've come across is the SEC logo on fields of new teams are fucked. I added Washington State to the SEC and their logo is like white and neon green for some reason. 

If I am calling play action, I’ll cut the fake off half the time. Works pretty good. We used to play Madden and NCAA with a guy that would call play action on 3/4th and really long. One time it was 4th and 25. Blitz would eat him up.

4 hours ago, Bojack said:

I was the Longhorns yesterday against my friend as Oregon. Jhadae Barron had 7 interceptions including 2 pick 6s. I expect he'll win the Thorpe Award this year.  

your friend sucks at passing

2 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

I need to work on passing. I went online and am getting picked left and right. It’s either Ewers or me… :P

lol it's all about ball placement and working on the pass meter

You want to release it at the top of the dial when it's full yellow (red you held too long)

You can't be in the middle of getting sacked when you throw it will come out wildly wrong

You need to aim the left stick in the direction you want to place the ball (back shoulder use down, lead crossers left or right, and sometimes maybe just a little forward when lofting over defender).

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Zeus said:

You want to release it at the top of the dial when it's full yellow (red you held too long)

You can't be in the middle of getting sacked when you throw it will come out wildly wrong

You need to aim the left stick in the direction you want to place the ball (back shoulder use down, lead crossers left or right, and sometimes maybe just a little forward when lofting over defender).

This is what’s head scratching…I’m pretty good staying in pocket and getting “all yellow.” The DBs seems to always be in perfect positions as if they knew the play.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zeus said:

I started out as Army because I wanted to get the feel for the new option mechanics. Once I got those I moved on to focus on RPO with Texas and true pass game. Once I feel good with the concepts I will probably start a longer term dynasty. The option can be as effective as RPOs once you get them down. I shredded a ranked team or two on All American with year 1 Army. I might try to resurrect the ghost of Tom Osborn's Nebraska one of these days. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

I started out as Army because I wanted to get the feel for the new option mechanics. Once I got those I moved on to focus on RPO with Texas and true pass game. Once I feel good with the concepts I will probably start a longer term dynasty. The option can be as effective as RPOs once you get them down. I shredded a ranked team or two on All American with year 1 Army. I might try to resurrect the ghost of Tom Osborn's Nebraska one of these days. 

Go to the practice mode and pick 10-12 plays to just run over and over and over again until you are comfortable hitting all the different receivers. 

You can set the defense in nickel and double click the left stick to have it pick a random play too. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Dignan said:

SUCKS that you can't edit new recruits in dynasty mode. I don't want 3 white running backs, sorry.

EA has always been very creative at finding ways to fuck the game up by taking something away that was once available.  No formation subs in a game where they put so much emphasis on "wear and tear" is a special kind of stupid.  Remember those things you could do 13 years and two consoles ago?  Yeah, well you can't do those things anymore.

The top three cornerbacks in southern Florida were all white dudes.  I said fuck it and went to look in Atlanta.  The top 5 corners there were all white.  The best safeties I could get were both white.  My defensive backfield is going to look like a Proud Boys meeting.  And they'll probably be wearing jersey numbers like 49 and 43.  Just let people edit their rosters.  

MLB The Show will always be the greatest sports simulator ever made.  As good as this game is, EA is light years away from that.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Chooky said:

EA has always been very creative at finding ways to fuck the game up by taking something away that was once available.  No formation subs in a game where they put so much emphasis on "wear and tear" is a special kind of stupid.  Remember those things you could do 13 years and two consoles ago?  Yeah, well you can't do those things anymore.

The top three cornerbacks in southern Florida were all white dudes.  I said fuck it and went to look in Atlanta.  The top 5 corners there were all white.  The best safeties I could get were both white.  My defensive backfield is going to look like a Proud Boys meeting.  And they'll probably be wearing jersey numbers like 49 and 43.  Just let people edit their rosters.  

MLB The Show will always be the greatest sports simulator ever made.  As good as this game is, EA is light years away from that.

Show me on the doll where Jason Sehorn touched you. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Chooky said:

You cant edit players due to NIL issues, if they don't sign up you cant create an Alfred Collins and call it a day, I mean you can't even edit their names that should be all they hint you need that it was a legal decision. So face, number and stats are uneditable.

• Hook 'Em 1