NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

20 minutes ago, linux said:

You cant edit players due to NIL issues, if they don't sign up you cant create an Alfred Collins and call it a day, I mean you can't even edit their names that should be all they hint you need that it was a legal decision. So face, number and stats are uneditable.

Yeah, no fucking shit. I love the way you explain it as if you're shedding new light on something. 

Also, that's dumb. NFL players are fully edited by the same company. And we're not talking about NIL players. We're talking about ai generated players. It wouldn't be hard to restrict the names who opted in to the game. And the dumbest part of that is you can edit the names, not the jersey number or appearance. Do you think Travis Hunter is gonna sue EA because some kid on YouTube created a black player? 

7 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Yeah, no fucking shit. I love the way you explain it as if you're shedding new light on something. 

Also, that's dumb. NFL players are fully edited by the same company. And we're not talking about NIL players. We're talking about ai generated players. It wouldn't be hard to restrict the names who opted in to the game. And the dumbest part of that is you can edit the names, not the jersey number or appearance. Do you think Travis Hunter is gonna sue EA because some kid on YouTube created a black player? 

It is my understanding that all NFL players are in due to the player union negotiating it so the point is moot, after the lawsuit it is obvious where EA was headed, if Arch was not in by NIL he was never going to be in, no name edits, no number edits, no facial edits, no stats edits. EA don't want a second lawsuit when they already have like 90% of the players.

57 minutes ago, linux said:

It is my understanding that all NFL players are in due to the player union negotiating it so the point is moot, after the lawsuit it is obvious where EA was headed, if Arch was not in by NIL he was never going to be in, no name edits, no number edits, no facial edits, no stats edits. EA don't want a second lawsuit when they already have like 90% of the players.

They have tabs where all of that was going to be available but are now unusable. Maybe the legal team intervened, but I think there's a good chance it was something corrupting other code and they just removed it rather than solve it. The gameplay is great and perfect on the surface. But there are huge glitches and flaws throughout. It seems like they probably had a ton of coding issues. 

And I don't think you're understanding what I posted. You can write in the name Manning for a player. But you can't change the number. That makes no sense. If liability was the main concern you'd restrict editing names above all else. Likeness is pretty arbitrary when everyone is in a football uniform. 

Anyone wanna split up the SEC (it just means more) teams and play a season on dynasty mode?

We can gather and do a random draw for the teams or whatnot

Just trying it out:

league name:

ShaggyBevo

password:

Surly

i hit Y for random and got Auburn…

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

They are going to patch the sim logic and some other stuff soon. Saw an update from EA.

Texas doesn’t even have the correct playbook online road to CFB mode… maybe they fix that. Although I guess maybe they did it on purpose because it’s too OP?

I try and start the game off with a couple of easy throws for my QB. If you are playing as Texas, Bond is unstoppable on crossing routes due to his speed. Get a couple of those in, as well as a few short passes to Niblack, and then Quinn will be on the money the rest of the game. I can score at will on this game, but unfortunately I cannot stop anyone else from doing the same. Most of my games are 50-45 shootouts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, FloridaHorn said:

I try and start the game off with a couple of easy throws for my QB. If you are playing as Texas, Bond is unstoppable on crossing routes due to his speed. Get a couple of those in, as well as a few short passes to Niblack, and then Quinn will be on the money the rest of the game. I can score at will on this game, but unfortunately I cannot stop anyone else from doing the same. Most of my games are 50-45 shootouts. 

Same here to a certain extent. At least now I can shut down inferior CPU opponents but the only consistent method is matching personnel then using Cover 2 Man and controlling one of the safeties to come up in run support. If the CPU has any kind of decent run game talent then I have to blitz 2 guys (different playcall names depending on defensive personnel) and control the defender assigned to cover the RB. I try to change things up instead of spamming the same two play calls but that just ends in disaster usually. 

On 7/20/2024 at 9:58 PM, hobbes2702 said:

How long are your games total?

About 45 minutes for the one I timed yesterday. After subtracting out the 6 things my wife needed me to do that she happened to remember only during the time I was playing, of course. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Zeus said:

Go to the practice mode and pick 10-12 plays to just run over and over and over again until you are comfortable hitting all the different receivers. 

You can set the defense in nickel and double click the left stick to have it pick a random play too. 

Finally got my copy yesterday and spent an hour or two doing the "tutorials" and free practice to familiarize myself with the new controls. Holding the button to keep on triple and read-options and not handoff is still frying my brain. Passing.. yeah there's a learning curve. 

18 hours ago, Chooky said:

EA has always been very creative at finding ways to fuck the game up by taking something away that was once available.  No formation subs in a game where they put so much emphasis on "wear and tear" is a special kind of stupid.  Remember those things you could do 13 years and two consoles ago?  Yeah, well you can't do those things anymore.

And this.  Being able to spell RB or WR from the playcall screen in "14" was so damn useful. Just bring that back. 

Overall the gameplay is fun and graphically, yeah it's beautiful. Hopefully EA patches some of the issues, but I'm so glad this game is back.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

After the update the jet sweep is no longer overpowered, but Owens->Wingo in single coverage in a fade route is automatic, I just need to look at the safety and if he so much as moves a single step wrong it is an automatic 90 yard touchdown. 

Edited by linux

After spending time bitching about how hard the defense is, I ended my first season with the best defense in the country for scoring, yards, rush yards, turnovers.  I really try to mix up the blitz packages with cover 1 and cover 2 and 6.  Getting them out of the hurry up is also key.  if they are really busting my ass I'm just calling a TO to stop momentum and let me reset.

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

I’ve been kicking ass with Kansas online. The Real Deal Devin Neal is unstoppable. I unfortunately had to run the ball down a fellow Longhorns throat just now, he sounded so defeated. Defense is challenging with Kansas because they don’t have any good defensive lineman. They do have good corners though, so I’m blitzing 75% of snaps and leaving them on islands. Most people fold with a hint of pressure. 

Edited by CastHorn

UT fan base in the game is ticking me off.  Played an exhibition game where I was rightly trouncing UCLA 80 something to 0.  Crowd got quiet and was almost booing me after I called a timeout with 13 sec left, just so I could tee up another TD pass.  

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Oh hell naw! I'd quit if this happened to me,!

He's pulling the players back.  If it wasn't staged I would be selling my PS5 back to game stop for a penny in store credit.  That would set the rage meter to a billion

32 minutes ago, freyguy said:

UT fan base in the game is ticking me off.  Played an exhibition game where I was rightly trouncing UCLA 80 something to 0.  Crowd got quiet and was almost booing me after I called a timeout with 13 sec left, just so I could tee up another TD pass.  

If it’s 80-0 there’s much cheaper places for me to get a drink than DKR. Especially if you called timeout with 13 seconds left lol.

• Like 1

Game is fun. My biggest gripe is that during a game it will show that my player has "wear and tear" and an increased chance of injury, but as far as I can tell there isn't an easy way to sub them out for some rest. Am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Am I missing something?

You are not. EA emphasized "wear and tear" and removed formation subs and any coherent way to replace starters during the game. It's a great game but with the typical unforced errors that only EA seems to accomplish in video games. 

Posted (edited)

No, subbing is busted. You can substitute on the playcalling screen but it's by specific formation so extremely tedious. 

In the passing game I've gotten to where I feel responsible for most bad plays. Run game is still stupid, CPU blocks like everyone is Larry Allen meanwhile my 90+ linemen can't block scrubs. 

More slider adjustments I guess. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Chooky said:

You are not. EA emphasized "wear and tear" and removed formation subs and any coherent way to replace starters during the game. It's a great game but with the typical unforced errors that only EA seems to accomplish in video games. 

That's annoying.

I also thought it was funny that Baxter transferred after my first dynasty season because of "playing style", but in most of the games where I tried to really feed him the ball he would get some wear and tear and then get hurt.

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

CPU blocks like everyone is Larry Allen

What's pretty goofy is that so far I've found out that the best run defense, for me so far, is a cover 3 or cover 3 match. No, that absolutely should not be the case. The Will and the dollar back on the outsides are supposed to float back and cover the seam but they see the run instantly. Even bad players in that defense will crash down on any outside run, making it easier to funnel the back inside toward traffic. Also, the mike will float close to the middle and pursue the edge or the inside at the same time. Kinda dumb, but it works. 

If I run blitz or guess with slides I get roasted by the running back. Stacking the line usually leads to the back hitting a clean gap in traffic and they're gone.

Outside of that and the instant pass rush, the concepts are mostly spot on. It's the best gameplay in any football game I've ever played. If you try to spam the same play just twice or even run similar route trees in different formations the cpu will slap you in the mouth.

Playing against Bama online I think they are turning the tackle coach setting to aggressive because I just lost 2 fumbles 2 games back to back against bama

Playing as Texas in CFP mode online sucks shit because it’s not the right playbook. It’s some stupid shit with 2 TEs in like 6 of the 9 gun formations. Hopefully they “fix the glitch” that gives me some other playbook as Texas. No other team gets a diffident playbook online…

What's pretty goofy is that so far I've found out that the best run defense, for me so far, is a cover 3 or cover 3 match. No, that absolutely should not be the case. The Will and the dollar back on the outsides are supposed to float back and cover the seam but they see the run instantly. Even bad players in that defense will crash down on any outside run, making it easier to funnel the back inside toward traffic. Also, the mike will float close to the middle and pursue the edge or the inside at the same time. Kinda dumb, but it works. 
If I run blitz or guess with slides I get roasted by the running back. Stacking the line usually leads to the back hitting a clean gap in traffic and they're gone.
Outside of that and the instant pass rush, the concepts are mostly spot on. It's the best gameplay in any football game I've ever played. If you try to spam the same play just twice or even run similar route trees in different formations the cpu will slap you in the mouth.

I ran the same play against Fl yesterday on Heisman. Probably only through it to Baxter 4 times. Other 10 were go routes to bond. My son was literally calling it the touchdown play. After I scored 3 or 4 times in a row, they put a safety over the top. That’s fine, Baxter it is. I finally got bored and started practicing RPOs.

2 hours ago, elguapo said:

Game is fun. My biggest gripe is that during a game it will show that my player has "wear and tear" and an increased chance of injury, but as far as I can tell there isn't an easy way to sub them out for some rest. Am I missing something?

I move them down in the depth chart, hit start -> coaching -> depth chart filter by position and just click and drag to the bottom if you don't want to seem him again in the game, it automatically restores to normal for the next game. It sometimes is buggy but it has worked for me 90% of the time.

I knew I would be gone all weekend so I purchased and downloaded on my way back from California.  Stayed up way to late last night.  I accidently went into an online game and got my ass kicked so bad, the other guy bailed. I'm not good at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, elguapo said:

RBs are auto subbed. Like if Baxter has a lot of wear and tear and has run a lot, Blue comes into the game for a few plays. 

15 hours ago, FartingMonk said:

My nephew was talking smack.  So much joy beating him

PXL_20240724_181345528.MP.jpg

I beat my 17yo who was talking similar shit. Heard a diatribe of “this controller is laggy” “i don’t know the coverages” blah blah blah

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/23/2024 at 10:26 AM, Dutch said:

Finally got my copy yesterday and spent an hour or two doing the "tutorials" and free practice to familiarize myself with the new controls. Holding the button to keep on triple and read-options and not handoff is still frying my brain. Passing.. yeah there's a learning curve. 

And this.  Being able to spell RB or WR from the playcall screen in "14" was so damn useful. Just bring that back. 

Overall the gameplay is fun and graphically, yeah it's beautiful. Hopefully EA patches some of the issues, but I'm so glad this game is back.

There is definitely a "sub" button but it is on the main formation screen. So in "Shotgun" you can sub, just not in the next screen when you select "shotgun". If that makes sense.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Few more things I really like since I have played it more:

1. I don't remember this in 14, but saving plays as "favorites" is awesome. I take 5 delay of games per game trying to find certain plays I like, so this is very helpful.

2. Position changes - it brings up a screen showing you each position and what the player's rating will be in order. Very helpful. Again, I think in 14 you had to just switch their position and THEN see what they are rated after they have moved. At least that is how I remember it, could be wrong.

3. I have started a few dynasties using random crappy teams, including my own teambuilder UT Tyler team. I am addicted to designing uniforms. 

4. Recruiting takes time, I guess like in real life. My suggestion is to turn OFF auto recruiting. It sucks. But, recruiting manually does take time. I have successfully gotten 4-5 star recruits, granted, not many, to come to my 1-1.5-2 star teams. Just takes time.

Things I still really want to change:

1. EA HAS to make editing recruits a thing. I cannot keep getting 5-star WHITE WRs/RBs who have 96 speed. :)

2. I am surprised the uniform offerings are so crappy. Granted, I have been using bad teams, but it just surprised there aren't more options. CFB Revamped was GREAT when it came to adding uniform options. Maybe more will come.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/22/2024 at 2:23 PM, someguy said:

I would gladly sign up for some sort of brain procedure that would delete my impulse to hit the lateral button when I want to juke.  

That's been my big issue. Although in my last game, I was playing aggy, up about 4 TDs with a few seconds left in the game and wanted to punch in another TD, because aggy.  Threw a 30 yard pass down to the 2 yard line, and there was only one defender between me and the end zone, so I tried to juke left.  Accidentally hit the lateral button, which went across the field to another of my players, who walked into the end zone as time expired.

I've only played two games so far, but the announcers were talking about the Texas/aggy rivalry and mentioning some of the great players through the years, and they mentioned Manziel, who I'm pretty sure we never played(?).  Also, there was a crowd shot where a fan had another fan's arm sticking through their torso, which was pretty good.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I beat my 17yo who was talking similar shit. Heard a diatribe of “this controller is laggy” “i don’t know the coverages” blah blah blah

I heard "the AI is bailing you out" "that was pass interference"

Edited by FartingMonk

Game is more Madden than NCAA, which I loved playing. Think theres some learning curves to overcome. Also, my tv is below average which hurts.

Overall i like playing the game. But it is not a classic. The offense only and other play modes is the best improvement.

Also, Im sure theres some Furries who are getting off on how Hookem moves his pelvis when he dances. Makes me feel weird seeing it.

• Like 1