NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

I’m glad it’s back. But yeah, it’s a lot like Madden. I’m not that big a fan of the running mechanics in general and the tackling is absolute bullshit. I’m still gonna play the hell out of it though.

As a person who makes AAA video games as a job, I am pretty appalled that the game has an 86 metacritic. I am happy it’s back. I’ve put 40+ hours in already, but in no universe is this an 86.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Fastbreak said:

As a person who makes AAA video games as a job, I am pretty appalled that the game has an 86 metacritic. I am happy it’s back. I’ve put 40+ hours in already, but in no universe is this an 86.

This is all about encouraging EA to continue making the franchise. Then next year, the hammer.

Edited by Vertigo

7 hours ago, Vertigo said:

This is all about encouraging EA to continue making the franchise. Then next year, the hammer.

What hammer? EA has gotten away with producing broken sports franchises for decades. They slap some new feature in every year and toss in roster updates, leave in the broken shit, and sell a ton of copies.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, OU Sucks said:

I've only played two games so far, but the announcers were talking about the Texas/aggy rivalry and mentioning some of the great players through the years, and they mentioned Manziel, who I'm pretty sure we never played(?).

In fairness, who else are they gonna mention for them?  Reggie "Real Deal" McNeal?  Mark "The Rifleman" Farris?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, speed817 said:

🤣🤣🤣

PXL_20240727_024406648.thumb.jpg.dedefe913a15044ab4972bf26b1c7039.jpg

So every argument EA has made about editing players is completely pointless. You will have white cornerbacks who wear #49 and a left guard wearing #88 and like it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Is anyone else going to do the death penalty challenge? Basically you keep your punter and kicker and set everybody else on your team as a kicker or punter and cut them from the team because it will auto fill with freshman walk ons. Then be prepared for the most frustrating rebuild of all time. a lot of people I know used to do that on the old game. 

• Haha 1

EA needs to fix the commentary. Good lord, the Fowler/Hebie announcing team in this game is awful.  I recently won a game on a Hail Mary as time expired, and Fowler's call went something like this:

"Takes the snap, throw it deep, and it's caught. Touchdown."

Brad Nessler commentary in the series when it was called "NCAA Football" was usually good and always seemed "game appropriate." Maybe the Fowler recorded such calls but the code isn't populating them at the proper moments? IDK. But this area of the game needs fixing in a patch. Oh, and they really need to get Gus and Joel in a future version as an alternate broadcast team.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dutch said:

EA needs to fix the commentary. Good lord, the Fowler/Hebie announcing team in this game is awful.  I recently won a game on a Hail Mary as time expired, and Fowler's call went something like this:

Brad Nessler commentary in the series when it was called "NCAA Football" was usually good and always seemed "game appropriate." Maybe the Fowler recorded such calls but the code isn't populating them at the proper moments? IDK. But this area of the game needs fixing in a patch. Oh, and they really need to get Gus and Joel in a future version as an alternate broadcast team.

Vince Young Scores...

• Like 1

Dave South mode
  • Haha 3

In Road to Glory, I’m down 28-24 at Arky (soph QB at Auburn). 20 seconds left, ball on 20. I scramble for 19.99 yards. Literally an inch from the end zone. We get to the line with 12 seconds left and it won’t let me snap the ball. X button just doesn’t work in game (works in menus). I don’t have any timeouts, so I just madly press X until the clock runs out.

This isn’t a “feature”, right?

4 hours ago, Brothahorn said:

I suck at recruiting. 

Yeah the recruiting aspect is definitely underwhelming with the cap that they put on how many hours you can spend recruiting a player. I'm also not liking the pipeline feature. It's like every recruit outside my pipeline starts off having me listed as their 1st choice, then inevitably I get "locked out" once they narrow down to a top 3-8. It's also dumb that they didn't incorporate flipping a recruit when it's a big aspect to recruiting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 7/31/2024 at 12:21 PM, Jkwellborn said:

Fuck the different playbooks online and in play now. I can’t find shit. I’ve lost twice to two dickheads playing with Ohio State. Just abusing the juke/spin glitch.

Just play as tier 2, and pick tier 2 opponents only. 

they will have to play normal

11 hours ago, mr.goodkat said:

im going to say it ..... this game sucks dont like it at all . feels way too much like madden to me . fuck it . cant believe i actually bought a ps5  for this 

Charlie Brown Football GIF

im going to say it ..... this game sucks dont like it at all . feels way too much like madden to me . fuck it . cant believe i actually bought a ps5  for this 
Don't ever let EA Sports fool you. Their football games are some of the laziest sports games made. This was never going to be different.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
13 hours ago, mr.goodkat said:
im going to say it .....  like it at all . feels way too much like madden to me . fuck it . cant believe i actually bought a ps5  for this 

Don't ever let EA Sports fool you. Their football games are some of the laziest sports games made. This was never going to be different.

you know i've had them all i even liked the 989 college football . but those had a distinct difference from madden at the time . this one feels like a regurgitated madden with better uniform colors . imma play but.....

After a couple weeks of playing I’d rate this game a B-. Gameplay is decent for the most part. Still buggy. 

Dynasty & RTG, which I was looking forward to the most, suck ass. RTG especially (I have max coach trust and still can’t audible?). The whole skill points thing is dumb, you get quizzed over a playbook you haven’t had a chance to see, etc. I tried one as a HB, at “contributor” which was a huge mistake. I got 1 play my first season. At least I redshirted, right? Nope. My “downs played” was 5 downs on the year, in 5 different games. Redshirt burned. I simmed 0 games and was definitely only on the field 1 down. My theory is I was randomly on the field as like a gunner on special teams or something (the game doesn’t allow you to play special teams plays in RTG). Frustrating. 

Want to see who won the National title 2 years ago on dynasty? Impossible with this game. Want to see the stats of guys in the heisman race? Through a cumbersome process you can, instead of the ease with which you could do that in 14. And the whole inability to edit jersey #’s of game-generated players is infuriating. One season my starting LG & QB were both #9. Not immersive at all.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Deej said:

I thought you could only play in 4 games without burning your shirt?

Correct. But in RTG mode, you don't get to control when your player is on the field. So, the CPU engine fucked him over by playing him one play in five games.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

At least it fucked over Helobious.

It was horrible. I deleted that one and made myself a QB as an “elite”, or 4 star, recruit. Only school that was a “fit” (the game logic on that also makes no sense) and wanted me as a starter was UTEP. Felt almost racist but whatever. My sophomore year I lead us to a 16-1 record, win the fucking CFP, and finished 3rd in the heisman voting. Junior year, we must have attracted some awesome recruits and I get tons of preseason hype right? Nope. Preseason we’re unranked (never mind we returned a majority of starters), all the incoming freshmen are garbage, stands are as empty as ever, and I’m not even on the heisman watchlist. Also half my team including me has pure blank white helmets no matter what helmet I choose pregame, while the other half has the correct helmets.

Whole game just feels not finished.

• Haha 1

Tried out Kennesaw State against a friend and destroyed him. We played on Heisman difficulty. After my third pick six, I went up 49–14 in the third-quarter and he was like “OK I’m conceding, this is over.” Also, the run game is ridiculous. They have some speed! No conference, USA team who is brand new to FBS should be this good!

• Like 1

On 7/31/2024 at 10:55 AM, gurt said:

its weird how so many of the randomized players are white and half the crowd is black...like they mixed up the randomizer for the players and fans lol

And they made us wait for something they could have been doing all along.

• Like 1

Def has flaws but I enjoy playing. I’ve started dynasties with UT Tyler and North Dakota and am loving it. Just got a 100 speed WR committed to my ND team. He will go nicely with my current 99 freshman and 97 senior.