NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

In RTG there is almost a 100% chance that you will get scored on at the end of games. I just got stopped at the 1 yard line with 14 seconds left and yep, they scored on a 99 yard play. I rarely if ever win the scoring battle in Q4.

I just scored with 23 seconds left and the coach let me go for 2. We got it to go up 29-28.

I got the ball back with 10 seconds left after they made a field goal to go up 31-29.

I’m about done with this bullshit. They had a good base but all of the details makes it a fucked experience.

11 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

I just scored with 23 seconds left and the coach let me go for 2. We got it to go up 29-28.

I got the ball back with 10 seconds left after they made a field goal to go up 31-29.

I’m about done with this bullshit. They had a good base but all of the details makes it a fucked experience.

You should play online lol

99 yard pick 6s happen a couple times a game 

21 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

I'm just amazed anyone is surprised EA did a shit job on this. I didn't even make through the 10 hour free trial before I remembered why EA sucks. 

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

All American is now too easy with a stacked roster, but I'm not sure I want to go to Heisman and deal with pure stupidity programming. 

Instead I'm thinking of switching Texas to an option team or possibly moving to Air Force. 

Back in the day I'd always play All-American with custom sliders to make it more realistic/difficult. Heisman mode always had too much janky shit to deal with.

• Hook 'Em 1

A lot of people online are saying dynasty just falls apart 5 years in or so. I’ve seen screenshots of playoff teams with 4-1 records because they schedule glitched to 8 bye weeks, and that position changes don’t hold once the season starts sometimes.

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

A lot of people online are saying dynasty just falls apart 5 years in or so. I’ve seen screenshots of playoff teams with 4-1 records because they schedule glitched to 8 bye weeks, and that position changes don’t hold once the season starts sometimes.

Lovely. Everything else has been standard EA crap, this will be what pisses me off. But hopefully enough others to get patched. 

It was bad enough that I played Appalachian State in a semifinal. But I accepted that because they beat OU in the quarterfinal, which was hilarious. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Lovely. Everything else has been standard EA crap, this will be what pisses me off. But hopefully enough others to get patched. 

It was bad enough that I played Appalachian State in a semifinal. But I accepted that because they beat OU in the quarterfinal, which was hilarious. 

Consensus seems to be to not touch custom conferences because that completely fucks up everything. Which is annoying. I’m still in year 1 of my Texas dynasty. I used to like to build up the coaching skill tree at Texas for a few seasons and then leave to rebuild whatever the worst school at that time is, but apparently there’s been an issue where if you sign an extension your contract gets auto renewed every season and you can’t leave. Hoping I don’t run into that. 

Anyone found repeatable ways to optimize recruiting? I used to love stacking rosters with pages of 5*s in NCAA2004. Having done one full season in dynasty, and doing some reading on reddit and such, recruiting in '24 seems to be * somewhat * balanced? I've got all the basics down - 35 prospects, max out your hours, target the pitches with the green check-boxes by them, look for 4- and 5-stars without offers in week3 or so, and you can get a jump on them ranking you high if you offer them when no-one else has, how to uncover "gems" in 3* and 4* recruits, etc. Just curious if anyone has ideas on min-maxing that thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, capnamerca said:

Anyone found repeatable ways to optimize recruiting? I used to love stacking rosters with pages of 5*s in NCAA2004. Having done one full season in dynasty, and doing some reading on reddit and such, recruiting in '24 seems to be * somewhat * balanced? I've got all the basics down - 35 prospects, max out your hours, target the pitches with the green check-boxes by them, look for 4- and 5-stars without offers in week3 or so, and you can get a jump on them ranking you high if you offer them when no-one else has, how to uncover "gems" in 3* and 4* recruits, etc. Just curious if anyone has ideas on min-maxing that thing.

This has been the most infuriating. Absolutely no clue what I'm doing. And how the hell do you recruit them AND get a visit? Seems like it's one or the other. 

3 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

This has been the most infuriating. Absolutely no clue what I'm doing. And how the hell do you recruit them AND get a visit? Seems like it's one or the other. 

Recruiting is nonsensical too. Honestly the more I play this game the more I dislike it. You have to take off any pitches that would take you over the 50-65 minutes when accounting for the 40 minutes to schedule a visit. I think once visit is scheduled you can send the house again. Also schedule visits as early as possible to try and get earlier commitments and free up more recruiting hours. Don’t wait until a bigger game late in the season

• Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

Recruiting is nonsensical too. Honestly the more I play this game the more I dislike it. You have to take off any pitches that would take you over the 50-65 minutes when accounting for the 40 minutes to schedule a visit. I think once visit is scheduled you can send the house again. Also schedule visits as early as possible to try and get earlier commitments and free up more recruiting hours. Don’t wait until a bigger game late in the season

I saw some videos there there are like only 2-3 pitches that are even worth using that will lock up recruits fast.

12 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

There are tons of YouTube videos on recruiting well. 

The VAST majority of them are really just covering the basics. To @Helobious's point, there's quite a bit going on with the recruiting mechanics, and it takes a bit to 'make it all make sense.' I haven't really found anyone that has truly insider tips/tricks.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I saw some videos there there are like only 2-3 pitches that are even worth using that will lock up recruits fast.

This would be fun to see, if you've got a link?

• Hook 'Em 1

Recruiting is nonsensical too. Honestly the more I play this game the more I dislike it.

This is why I’m upset that this is an 85 metacritic. The last 3 games I’ve shipped are all more polished and deeper and all fell short of that mark. If the reviewers played the game more than 30 minutes this is a 70….
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

This has been the most infuriating. Absolutely no clue what I'm doing.

After a few more videos, two things I wasn't giving enough weight to were 1) the sway option, which if successful gives a FOURTH positive pitch, but only for your school (works best if you have two existing positive pitches to use when selecting your three) and 2) look for 3- and 4-star GEM ATH's (it seems they tend to convert to other positions with jumps in attributes in year 1, and develop faster in subsequent seasons). YMMV but wanted to pass those along.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/5/2024 at 11:51 AM, Huckleberry said:

All American is now too easy with a stacked roster, but I'm not sure I want to go to Heisman and deal with pure stupidity programming. 

Instead I'm thinking of switching Texas to an option team or possibly moving to Air Force. 

There was some interviews with EA Sports years and years ago that admitted that the Heisman setting in NCAA and All-Madden setting in Madden, they purposely make the coding ridiculous to provide as much edge to the computer in all aspects.

It was always difficult to find the fine line between those levels and the next level down. All-Pro/American was too easy on NCAA and Madden but the top levels were stupid. Back in those days, I was good enough to overcome that programming but still had to deal with so much fuckery. Their players would defy physics to make plays against you.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

There was some interviews with EA Sports years and years ago that admitted that the Heisman setting in NCAA and All-Madden setting in Madden, they purposely make the coding ridiculous to provide as much edge to the computer in all aspects.

It was always difficult to find the fine line between those levels and the next level down. All-Pro/American was too easy on NCAA and Madden but the top levels were stupid. Back in those days, I was good enough to overcome that programming but still had to deal with so much fuckery. Their players would defy physics to make plays against you.

Yep, which is why at a certain point it’s only fun to play other people online. 

It’s the same with chess, the computer has to suck on purpose to allow you to stay in a game or win, so it does unnatural moves to let you have an edge and it’s no fun. Or put the difficulty up and it will just murder you and it’s no fun. 

I’ve been having lots of fun playing online, although it is frustrating at times there’s a randomness to it that feels kinda like a real football game. Playing as Florida I got a pick 6 then another stop, then complete a deep fade and get tackled from behind and fumble, against Bama… then they score in two plays after Milroe breaks two tackles and scrambles to throw a deep comeback.. Typical sorry luck for Florida playing Alabama lol

This is from just playing offline dynasty

Good
Fast clock during kneel downs
Being able to hire coaches
RPOs
Offense only mode

Bad
Kill shots on every play
The playbooks suck as do suggested plays
I miss the option
I miss coaching multiple teams (maybe theres a way?)

Ugly
The names. Just horrible.
Sub system
Rebranding Madden

5 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

This is from just playing offline dynasty

Good
Fast clock during kneel downs
Being able to hire coaches
RPOs
Offense only mode

Bad
Kill shots on every play
The playbooks suck as do suggested plays
I miss the option
I miss coaching multiple teams (maybe theres a way?)

Ugly
The names. Just horrible.
Sub system
Rebranding Madden

You do realize you can choose different playbooks before you start the dynasty right? I like to use either the multiple or Run and Shoot

On 7/30/2024 at 12:12 AM, Zeus said:

Lucky fucker ran back his first kickoff and I fumbled at the 8 yard line. 

Still with persistence, whooped his ass and made em quit. OU sucks. 

IMG_3201.jpeg

Speaking of making em quit, I stuffed an opponent on 4th and goal at the 1 twice in the same game. Second time he quit. Heard him say "fuck this!" and left 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2024 at 9:37 AM, Dutch said:

EA needs to fix the commentary. Good lord, the Fowler/Hebie announcing team in this game is awful.  I recently won a game on a Hail Mary as time expired, and Fowler's call went something like this:

"Takes the snap, throw it deep, and it's caught. Touchdown."

Brad Nessler commentary in the series when it was called "NCAA Football" was usually good and always seemed "game appropriate." Maybe the Fowler recorded such calls but the code isn't populating them at the proper moments? IDK. But this area of the game needs fixing in a patch. Oh, and they really need to get Gus and Joel in a future version as an alternate broadcast team.

Imagine next year's game with Gus. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 8/5/2024 at 2:18 PM, capnamerca said:

Not a fan of the recruiting. I wanna offer the top prospect but can’t because he cares about ‘proximity to home’. Dude I don’t care I’m an A+ coach give me a chance to get him to care about other shit. 

On 8/5/2024 at 6:25 PM, BigHorn'13 said:

You have to make their top 5 list in order to schedule a visit. 

You do realize you can choose different playbooks before you start the dynasty right? I like to use either the multiple or Run and Shoot

Yes, within the playbooks, the choices are not great as is the suggested plays. Dont want to take time customizing shit

Counter runs have always sucked but the counter leads you into the butt of the tackle. You have to cut in or go around, but either way it sucks

5 hours ago, GhostofDanJones said:

Only thing I hate with Heisman difficulty is that 90% of the time the deep ball gets picked off even when the receiver has the corner beat by 5 or more yards. Other than that, my only other complaint would be how fucking hard kicking field goals are.  

yeah it's retarded how you have to overcorrect the arrow for kicks at an angle

you point the arrow to the left of the field goal when kicking from the right has and it goes in. You point at the field goal it goes wide right.. wtf is the arrow even for it's not the direction you kick it

I'm enjoying the game.  I would say that it's got a good foundation and it can be a very good game, but they really need to get on some of the obvious fixes, like the fact that you can't reliably save plays to your favorites and the missing formation subs.  These are pretty glaring issues.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I'm enjoying the game.  I would say that it's got a good foundation and it can be a very good game, but they really need to get on some of the obvious fixes, like the fact that you can't reliably save plays to your favorites and the missing formation subs.  These are pretty glaring issues.

They have to bring in formation subs, totally fucks recruiting up for me. I can recruit a specific type of player for what I need then for and where exactly in the formation. I’m left up to the mercy of the game if I can ever line them up as intended. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• Hook 'Em 1

Formation subs is probably the biggest one to me. Subs overall really, considering that using the depth chart doesn't work for some positions, or at least the problem is that they have depth chart positions for slot WR, rush end, etc. so you can't just switch everyone out at their regular position, you also have to remember to change those as well during a game. Which makes the lack of mass subs where you just say put in the entire second string an even bigger issue.

Formation subs also helps with the sub in/out wonkiness. With those then if I feel like my RB needs a break and the stupid ass AI won't make the change I can just quickly select a play from a formation where I know the #2 RB is included instead of him.

The video above shows the extremely tedious workaround which you have to do every game. And for defense it's a nightmare because you have to finish before the time to call your play is up. That is not a solution.

Another big one is that changing your audibles doesn't appear to be something you can save to the dynasty. The only place I've seen it is in the game menu.

Edited by Huckleberry

On 8/3/2024 at 8:45 PM, Fastbreak said:

In RTG there is almost a 100% chance that you will get scored on at the end of games. I just got stopped at the 1 yard line with 14 seconds left and yep, they scored on a 99 yard play. I rarely if ever win the scoring battle in Q4.

I can't stand RTG for this reason. There are some other issues but that shit irritates me to no end. Switched to dynasty and I enjoy that a lot more. 

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Formation subs is probably the biggest one to me. Subs overall really, considering that using the depth chart doesn't work for some positions, or at least the problem is that they have depth chart positions for slot WR, rush end, etc. so you can't just switch everyone out at their regular position, you also have to remember to change those as well during a game. Which makes the lack of mass subs where you just say put in the entire second string an even bigger issue.

Formation subs also helps with the sub in/out wonkiness. With those then if I feel like my RB needs a break and the stupid ass AI won't make the change I can just quickly select a play from a formation where I know the #2 RB is included instead of him.

The video above shows the extremely tedious workaround which you have to do every game. And for defense it's a nightmare because you have to finish before the time to call your play is up. That is not a solution.

Another big one is that changing your audibles doesn't appear to be something you can save to the dynasty. The only place I've seen it is in the game menu.

Are you using your custom playbook when playing? I had to make custom playbooks to find my audibles, especially on defense.

3 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

Are you using your custom playbook when playing? I had to make custom playbooks to find my audibles, especially on defense.

Interesting, no I haven't done that yet. Just going stock until all real players are gone then probably switching schools and going option. I'll look into that then.