NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

On 8/14/2024 at 8:04 PM, Chooky said:

They should have called this game 2025 Get Sacked Repeatedly. 

There are routes that i don't even attempt because I know there won't be time. When I see routes with double breaks I just assume that's their version of comic relief. Even with prefect slide protections something like the comeback route is probably gong to take too long. 

i do maybe two PA passes per game because it’s usually just a 12 yard loss whenever i call one.

8 hours ago, joeycovers said:

I absolutely love just running the ball and breaking people. It’s hilarious how mad people get when I just line up in the I Form and pound the rock.  They then start playing 4-4 and blitz everyone and throw a fit when I throw slants. They call me every name in the book that has to do with females and there anatomy. 

I guess it’s more manly to go no huddle and pass every play which I find hilarious  in that logic. 

Just tell them that they need to play better.

On 8/14/2024 at 10:11 PM, Longboard Horn said:

I’m playing thru dynasty on All American and OU beat me in the regular season. I still won the SEC. Also, got revenge and beat them in the National Championship game when everyone was healthy. 

IMG_1439.jpeg

IMG_1442.jpeg

IMG_1443.jpeg

IMG_1444.jpeg

Bro

you didn’t pick the generic Ricky Williams coach????

5 hours ago, Tailgate said:

This is the most shit talking game I’ve played. These kids dgaf and talk so much shit it’s entertainment. I am still trying to figure a quick way to mute some of the outrageous ones.

It sucks, you gotta wait until the game starts and picking a play. Press start. Then resume, then as soon as the screen comes back you hit start twice really quick and it will give you a menu to mute. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Tailgate said:

This is the most shit talking game I’ve played. These kids dgaf and talk so much shit it’s entertainment. I am still trying to figure a quick way to mute some of the outrageous ones.

If you can't handle shit talk, why are you here?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Deej said:

If you can't handle shit talk, why are you here?

lol…as expected I love a good shit talking for entertainment…its when some have their music cranked up to 11 and are yapping over it and I can’t tell WTH they are saying.

lol…as expected I love a good shit talking for entertainment…its when some have their music cranked up to 11 and are yapping over it and I can’t tell WTH they are saying.

I played some jackass with ESPN blaring. Such a fucking beating.

I like to just shoot the shit with who I’m playing.

8 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Never played GTA online? 

29 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Yeah I’ve had two insane ones

one was a guy singing karaoke, rap then some wack ass country song knowing every word

another was a guy having a 65 IQ conversation with someone in the room or on the phone so annoying

one was a guy singing karaoke, rap then some wack ass country song knowing every word
 another was a guy having a 65 IQ conversation with someone in the room or on the phone so annoying

Dude the other day was talking to his sister about fucking people. Said it was just sex. I’ll run every inch of this dick in every hole she got, then go do the same thing to her friend. I died laughing when he said that.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Stop playing Derka.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Dude the other day was talking to his sister about fucking people. Said it was just sex. I’ll run every inch of this dick in every hole she got, then go do the same thing to her friend. I died laughing when he said that.

Guilty 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Yeah If you fall below their deal breaker threshold even while they are commited they will lock you out

Right now I got 2 DTs committed but both wanted playing time. Got 2 others committed as well so that makes it 4. Hopefully they still sign.

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Anyone have the X Box S is that enough for this game and a couple more maybe or should I just get the X?   About to buy but I’ve got mixed reviews on the S. 

This can be confusing, just to check....do you mean the Xbox Series S/X? There is also the older "Xbox One S" that this game WILL NOT work on. The Series S is plenty for this game. That is what I use and it is FAST. Can even play on my iPhone if I so choose. 

I've been playing this since it came out, mostly dynasty mode. Few more things I wonder about:

1. Why can't I set my team as "pass heavy" or "more run". The old one had the slider that let you go 80% passing or running and the opposite. This one does not. I've tried the diff playbooks etc, but it doesn't really matter when simming games. Just weird to me.

2. QUESTION: How do the coordinators "work with" the head coach? Do I want coordinators who match my head coach's styles? (If head coach is a "Spread" coach, do I want my OC to be "Spread" as well? Does it matter?)

3. I still like playing the game but it is def frustrating to me the lack of customizable stuff. (ex: recruit names, numbers, skin color) I cannot STAND having a CB named Shabazz Awesome (or whatever) and he is a 6'1" white kid with 98 speed. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Dignan said:

I've been playing this since it came out, mostly dynasty mode. Few more things I wonder about:

1. Why can't I set my team as "pass heavy" or "more run". The old one had the slider that let you go 80% passing or running and the opposite. This one does not. I've tried the diff playbooks etc, but it doesn't really matter when simming games. Just weird to me.

2. QUESTION: How do the coordinators "work with" the head coach? Do I want coordinators who match my head coach's styles? (If head coach is a "Spread" coach, do I want my OC to be "Spread" as well? Does it matter?)

3. I still like playing the game but it is def frustrating to me the lack of customizable stuff. (ex: recruit names, numbers, skin color) I cannot STAND having a CB named Shabazz Awesome (or whatever) and he is a 6'1" white kid with 98 speed. 

Regarding #3, I'm totally with you. Not sure if this has to do with NIL?

11 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

Yeah If you fall below their deal breaker threshold even while they are commited they will lock you out

ea never fails at implementing new shit in their games that they tout as “immersive” and “cutting edge”, and at the end of the day it’s ALWAYS just some stupid shit where you’ve spent all season reactuorojt a guy, you’ve been way out in front the entire way, he even commits to you, and then you use the wrong salad fork on his OV and suddenly you’ve broken some sacred rule and all of that extra “immersive” work you’ve done gets flipped back in your face with a, “fuck you, thanks for playing paying.” 

i’m 10-0, i’m manic and can’t sleep so i’ve been playing the game all night, my last four games have been against crap teams and have been easy wins so my main focus is on recruiting (which again is needlessly complicated and fickle) so i’d like to sim my game against tennessee who is 5-4. well guess what?  just like the last iteration of this game that i played, and just like every iteration of fifa ever, the game is scripted, and it has decided that i simply cannot beat tennessee. i’ve simmed it five times, i’ve lost five times. i keep having to back out if the game and then start it up again, and now i’m just going to play the stupid fucking game which i’ll probably win 50-0 any god damn way. why do they put this in the game? seriously, what is the fucking point of programming this into every single game that EA makes? 

why is it so hard to make a football game that’s just fun to sit down and play? a game where the ratings and different skill levels matter and are taken into account? a game that even attempts to mimic actual human movement? a game that plays out fairly, where you you have your fair share of ups and downs,  it at the end of the day the talent + play calling + execution is what wins out? why can’t EA make a sports game like that?

btw, does anyone experience this: seems like 25% of the time the cpu scores against me it’s after a sustained drive with multiple first downs, while the other 75% of the time it’s just 1 play, 80 yard drives and pick 6’s. either a one-step drop on a scripted pass/catch for a TD, or a long run where my entire defense blocks itself, but nothing that ever feels authentic or unscripted. 3/4 of the time anyway. shit is stupid.

i like how they’ve decided to abandon the coin toss and just tell you whether you’re kicking off or not, but they still ask you if you want to accept that personal foul roughing call on that fourth down you just failed to convert. ea devs just begging for you to butterfinger that shit and decline it lol. 

56 minutes ago, Derka said:

i like how they’ve decided to abandon the coin toss and just tell you whether you’re kicking off or not, but they still ask you if you want to accept that personal foul roughing call on that fourth down you just failed to convert. ea devs just begging for you to butterfinger that shit and decline it lol. 

You can choose preference in game strategy on whether to receive or kick if you win the toss. It’s stupid you can’t change it on a game to game basis though. 

Recruiting is beyond fucked. Dev traits are completely random and almost meaningless when it comes to actual progression. You can’t track how much your player improves year to year, their weights always stay the same all 4 years (they were dynamic in NCAA 14) and holy shit the jersey # thing is terrible. O-lineman with single digits and my QB wears #20 like he’s Mike Winchell or something. Can’t edit any of it.

comparing the customizable features of mlb the show (the other sports game that i mainly play) to any EA game is just insane. there’s almost nothing that i can’t easily and intuitively edit on mlb the show. it’s almost as if they want me to enjoy playing the game.

Edited by Derka

yeah tech was in the national title game last year on my dynasty.

and it’s not just the teams, it’s the records. 7-5 tcu and 8-4 rice are in the top 25? 2-loss utsa is #8 in the country? 8-4 nebraska is in the top 10? 8-4 utah is just outside? typical ea and 100% what we all should have expected from this game.

Edited by Derka

after allllllllll of that wait, here is what EA gives you:

efc6ea91-9ea1-439f-b23e-a9271c8f615c.thumb.png.10e646dcc454873fc958cdd1db18977f.png

the no.1 team in the country is the 5 seed in the playoffs; no.19 team, a 3-loss sdsu gets a bye; 8-4 miami is the 3 seed; Texas went 12-0 then lost to UGA in the sec title game and is the 9 seed, playing against the 8 seeded, 2-loss UTSA roadrunners; 12-1 clemson is the 6 seed vs 2-loss charlotte; 8-4 nebraska is no.7 in country; 10-3 oregon is ahead of 11-1 tosu and 12-1 texas; and on and on and on and on. this is the game that everyone kept jerking themselves over, as if we all didn’t know exactly how goddamn stupid and insulting it would be, just like every single EA game ever made.

i got this game because every dumbass i knew went into a fever pitch over the re cuál of this shittastic game made by the worst company on the world, and i figured, “way as we’ll get if everyone else is gonna be playing it.” well, i’m only slightly less stupid than the rest of you dumbasses who got all excited about this game coming back. y’all; it’s EA. it’s going to be a dumpster fire that insults and demeans the people who buy it. for the love of god, please do not buy the next version of this giant middle finger of a game.

9 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

God I suck at recruiting, year 4 and it’s starting to bite me in the ass. WR can’t catch a damn thing 

So I just signed the #1 class in year 3. I got somewhat lucky that there were a lot of top players in Texas, but I also scheduled them to visit very early. If you wait until week 7 or 8, they gone. Spend most of your points on the top players and keep your gem 3 stars on the back burner until later. 

• Hook 'Em 2

28 minutes ago, Hitch said:

So I just signed the #1 class in year 3. I got somewhat lucky that there were a lot of top players in Texas, but I also scheduled them to visit very early. If you wait until week 7 or 8, they gone. Spend most of your points on the top players and keep your gem 3 stars on the back burner until later. 

This. Recruit aggressively early on by sending the house on the ones you want most. My strategy is if I’m not in the top 3 or 5 by second or third week then move on from that recruit. 

20 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Right now I got 2 DTs committed but both wanted playing time. Got 2 others committed as well so that makes it 4. Hopefully they still sign.

Could you maybe reach out to Kenny Baker or Sark and let them in on your little secret?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Idk about this game, I mean I’m happy it’s back and I’m pumped to play it but it just feels soul less. For all the time they spent on presentation once you’ve seen it once you just skip it. They should have spent more time in the nuts and bolts of the game and not window dressing unimportant shit. Too many bugs, tackling in the open field is fucking impossible, I’m sure I just got old but sometimes the computer just blankets every route throughout the whole game. Just feels very clunky and dynasty feels like a hassle. God forbid if I ever tried ultimate team 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Texasborn91 said:

They should have spent more time in the nuts and bolts of the game and not window dressing unimportant shit.

C'mon...it is EA. They don't have a fucking clue what they are doing. NFL2K1 is a better football game than EA has released in the past 25 years.

It would be fun to watch some of these routes develop but EA said nah so a left tackle could just watch an end run right next them untouched. And every DT is apparently aaron donald. The ratings don't matter. A 70 overall dt will merc the shit out of a 95 guard just because the animation dictates it. 

There are almost too many flaws to list but the laziest one is that they fucked up scheduling in dynasty. If you schedule fun non con games it usually results in extrapolated fuckery for the entire schedule. I see teams that only play 4 games the entire season. Teams that play me and another team in the same week. Michigan hasn't played OSU once in the third season of my dynasty. Imagine not being able to program schedules on 5th generation consoles. "There's no way you guys would fail to program a day planner in 2024, right? Oh, that's too lofty of an expectation? Cool."

3 minutes ago, speed817 said:

I had Trey Moore win the Heisman but didn't even make 1st team All-SEC 🤣

Yep he won it 2x. His first time he didn’t crack first team all-American. Just my hunch but I believe in order for your players(with the exception of the skilled players) to achieve first team all American status their ratings have to be high.