NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

21 hours ago, Dignan said:

This can be confusing, just to check....do you mean the Xbox Series S/X? There is also the older "Xbox One S" that this game WILL NOT work on. The Series S is plenty for this game. That is what I use and it is FAST. Can even play on my iPhone if I so choose. 

Yea I just went ahead and X Box series X.  Supposedly it runs smoother and has better graphics.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Still moving through my dynasty but it doesn't hold my attention for too long so only in year two. Have been enjoying Road to CFP online more instead. The 3-minute quarters are good for keeping the length of the game down. Also pretty much everyone quits once they get down 14 or so. I've gotten two promotions so far with 66% winning percentage or something, so haven't sniffed the actual playoffs yet.

Friends and I made our first foray into Ultimate Team mode last night when we figured out it was a way all three of us could play at the same time. We got wrecked of course since our team was made up of shitty players. Was still fun but man Ultimate Team mode and the menus are very overwhelming at first. Not gonna sink real money into it but wouldn't mind getting a bit more familiar with how it all works.

Edited by LonghornSean

can’t get enough of those cpu generated roughing the kicker penalties on 4th and 18.  

I thought they took them out. I haven’t seen one in a while and I’ve straight up waylaid the kicker on xp.
Still moving through my dynasty but it doesn't hold my attention for too long so only in year two. Have been enjoying Road to CFP online more instead. The 3-minute quarters are good for keeping the length of the game down. Also pretty much everyone quits once they get down 14 or so. I've gotten two promotions so far with 66% winning percentage or something, so haven't sniffed the actual playoffs yet.

Friends and I made our first foray into Ultimate Team mode last night when we figured out it was a way all three of us could play at the same time. We got wrecked of course since our team was made up of shitty players. Was still fun but man Ultimate Team mode and the menus are very overwhelming at first. Not gonna sink real money into it but wouldn't mind getting a bit more familiar with how it all works.

Yeah most of my wins have come from people quitting. I guess when they don’t get lucky with their bs they leave.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Yeah I fucked around in Road to CFP and got knocked back down to upperclassman so I can go 10-0 and try to win the natty.

It's actually tough once you get in the playoffs the people are doing the same thing they are trying to stack some trophies.

Most people do quit after they throw their second or third pick which is nice because you can get though the season quicker.

26 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

I suck…. I use to be good at these games but the Texas playbook sucks and Ewers is throwing int’s like crazy.  Definitely need to work on my offense.  I only beat Colorado State by 7 points.  

ewers is an INT machine, and just like every single other EA sports game ever (picking up on a theme here?) the cpu controlled defensive players are programmed to react to the ball while your cpu controlled teammates are programmed to be blissfully unaware that a game of football is happening all around them. i can’t count the number of int’s that i’ve thrown to wide open receivers because the db broke on the ball while the wr made zero attempt to use his body to block the db or to even turn, look at the ball, and attempt to catch it. 

• Like 1

Lost the number 1 player in the class that was a 6’5 320 lb run stopper. 5 star gem… went to Arkansas. I led the whole way and they somehow jumped me after a huge surge. Recruiting has gotten a bit better but sometimes seems like the logic box is broken on a lot of this shit. 

• Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

Lost the number 1 player in the class that was a 6’5 320 lb run stopper. 5 star gem… went to Arkansas. I led the whole way and they somehow jumped me after a huge surge. Recruiting has gotten a bit better but sometimes seems like the logic box is broken on a lot of this shit. 

Happened to me too with the number one DT in a previous season. He was from Fort Worth. Led the whole way until Bama came in and swooped him. I was pissed. That’s what motivated me to sign all the top DTs in the following season. See my image above. 

another thing I don’t like in recruiting… to schedule a visit you basically have to sacrifice influence for that week. Usually you schedule multiple visits in a week, so it’s costing you 200 hours to just schedule visits is a huge chunk. Then you have to do that at least 3 times minimum. Seems like scheduling a visit is a negative 

12 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

another thing I don’t like in recruiting… to schedule a visit you basically have to sacrifice influence for that week. Usually you schedule multiple visits in a week, so it’s costing you 200 hours to just schedule visits is a huge chunk. Then you have to do that at least 3 times minimum. Seems like scheduling a visit is a negative 

Yeah it takes a whole work week of hours to schedule a visit. 

19 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

I thought they took them out. I haven’t seen one in a while and I’ve straight up waylaid the kicker on xp.

Not in dynasty it happens a ton, also a fuck ton more injuries lately. Had a game last night where I was fucking around throwing a hail mary with 1 second left. Got 3 PI's in a row then kicked a fg. 

• Rage+1 1

20 hours ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

They just gotta be more aggressive and put in more hours than the Bama's and UGAs and they can sign the top 4 DTs in the country like this...

image.png.03820c593c6ebf896e135d2069cbc8e4.png

I have idea how you're doing that. I got cincinnati up to 4.5 star program and the best I can do is two to 4 5 stars and then o can barely muster 15 or 16 other players in a single class. 

24 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

How come Bert can only kickoff to the 15-20?  Wth. Also Baxter has like 800 yards before the Florida game and he’s all the way up on risk to transfer?  Recruiting is not looking good for me either.  

Make sure you're holding down the A button as his feet touches the ball. It gives the kick enough power.

3 hours ago, PhillyHorn1 said:

I'm pretty deep in my UT dynasty and I have a question: is ryan wingo a fucking cheat code for anyone else? I've played with other teams as well and recruit well but gotdaym that guy is fucking amazing. My hype for him irl is unreal.

Yes his speed his amazing! He's a senior now in my season. Gonna miss him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I have idea how you're doing that. I got cincinnati up to 4.5 star program and the best I can do is two to 4 5 stars and then o can barely muster 15 or 16 other players in a single class. 

That's not bad. To attract a ton of 5* one of the popular things to have is coach prestige, brand exposure, championship contender. The ones I can't get are the ones who care about proximity to home. So if the 5* is in California, Georgia, Florida etc. I won't land them. Also, make sure you're upgrading your coach abilities especially in the recruiting aspect. You'll be able to earn more hours you can spend on recruiting at certain positions. Right now I can spend about 80 hours on DL recruiting.

30 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

How come Bert can only kickoff to the 15-20?  Wth. Also Baxter has like 800 yards before the Florida game and he’s all the way up on risk to transfer?  Recruiting is not looking good for me either.  

Also, had that issue with Wisner being a risk transfer. I don't remember if I got him to 800 yards or whatever but I gave him enough snaps to keep him for next season. Sadly for him, I ended up recruiting two 5* RBs I had to encourage him to transfer to make room.

Full power and it barely goes in the end zone. Also, it’s Stone to start.

1 hour ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

That's not bad. To attract a ton of 5* one of the popular things to have is coach prestige, brand exposure, championship contender. The ones I can't get are the ones who care about proximity to home. So if the 5* is in California, Georgia, Florida etc. I won't land them. Also, make sure you're upgrading your coach abilities especially in the recruiting aspect. You'll be able to earn more hours you can spend on recruiting at certain positions. Right now I can spend about 80 hours on DL recruiting.

Yea I fucked up not doing recruiting as my coach skill shit. 

35 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Playing in an online dynasty with people all over. The guy who is OU is talking shit all week and messaged me today asking if I was ready to get beat. Long story short, Texas wins! 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_1528.jpeg

IMG_1520.jpeg

OU English major confirmed

• Haha 1

a)i’m pretty sure that the first offensive play of every single game for the cpu has been a run out of the shotgun.

b)i keep playing teams who allegedly are 75% pass and 25% run and yet they all run the ball 65%-75% when i play them.

9 hours ago, PhillyHorn1 said:

I'm pretty deep in my UT dynasty and I have a question: is ryan wingo a fucking cheat code for anyone else? I've played with other teams as well and recruit well but gotdaym that guy is fucking amazing. My hype for him irl is unreal.

i don’t throw a lot but he’s got to be averaging 25 ypc for me. probably gets a td for every five catches he gets. he’s the man. 

19 minutes ago, Derka said:

efc6ea91-9ea1-439f-b23e-a9271c8f615c.thumb.jpeg.5ae6306728eaa6410e02852f37a15748.jpeg

lulz.

9-2 UTSA is no.5

12-1 Texas is no.6

8-4 nebraska is no.7 

11-2 charlotte is no.8

9-3 illinois is no.4

EA Sports everybody.

so i beat the brakes off utsa in the 1h, and the game has mass subbed my entire offense to open the 2h, and if there’s a way for me to change that then i can’t find it. oh, and they’ve decided that my second team offense feature first team defensive players, so that’s cool too. 🙄 

Edited by Derka

1 hour ago, Derka said:

jesus christ, i got crunk when i signed four 5 stars. how can i subscribe to your newsletter? 

Shit I get happy when I sign a 4 star. I don’t fucking get it. 2 national championships, and 2 semi final losses in 4 years of dynasty. I am north Texas but I just lost 3 4 star recruits to SHSU SMU Toledo and Utep. What the fuck

8 hours ago, Derka said:

jesus christ, i got crunk when i signed four 5 stars. how can i subscribe to your newsletter? 

I got really lucky with this class that not too many of the top prospects cared about proximity to home. That said, make sure you’re giving them tons of hours early on. Schedule those visits ASAP as soon as they’re ready and schedule them to come in as early as possible. Also the week they’re visiting would be a great time to do a hard sell of 40 hours. 

Some questions that I haven't really searched to find the answer, so sorry:

1. How come I can spend 75 hours on QBs (most times, depending on what team I am, coach ranking etc) but can't on DTs or CBs? SOME recruits I can only spend 50 hours. Some 65. Some 60. WHY?

2. Is there ANY way to make your team "run heavy" or "pass heavy" when simming? Is it just playbook? Old game you could put the slider to 80% pass/run. I loved that.

3. What influence do the assistant coaches have? Like if my head coach is "air raid/4-2-5" defense, do I need to find an OC that is air raid? DC that is 4-2-5? I assume that matters but honestly can't tell the difference.I've been finding assistants that have good pipelines and who are being looked at by other schools.

2 minutes ago, Dignan said:

Some questions that I haven't really searched to find the answer, so sorry:

1. How come I can spend 75 hours on QBs (most times, depending on what team I am, coach ranking etc) but can't on DTs or CBs? SOME recruits I can only spend 50 hours. Some 65. Some 60. WHY?

2. Is there ANY way to make your team "run heavy" or "pass heavy" when simming? Is it just playbook? Old game you could put the slider to 80% pass/run. I loved that.

3. What influence do the assistant coaches have? Like if my head coach is "air raid/4-2-5" defense, do I need to find an OC that is air raid? DC that is 4-2-5? I assume that matters but honestly can't tell the difference.I've been finding assistants that have good pipelines and who are being looked at by other schools.

You have selected one of the skills for recruiting that allows you to spend more time with qb. 
can do same with other positions you just need to add that skill. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

You have selected one of the skills for recruiting that allows you to spend more time with qb. 
can do same with other positions you just need to add that skill. 

Ahh yes. Like in the recruiter skills somewhere on there I powered that up more. Makes sense. 

One funny thing about the game that my son told me about after his friend and him started playing an online dynasty. The first few seasons the friend kept saying "all my players are gone." Well, turns out, he thought "Encourage transfers" was like encouraging the players (who I assume he thought transferred in) to do well, etc. He was just cutting players accidentally. HAHHAHA. Cracked me up. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

god damn, i’ve spent some time browsing the subreddit for this game and they’re all just as miserable as i am. every single post is complaining about the game, and they’re all a)legitimate gripes, and b)asinine issues from EA. the latest thread i just clicked on is people doing dynasty mode as UGA and florida isn’t on their schedule. another commenter doing michigan state says he hasn’t played against michigan in 10 years. the thread i read before that was about all of the scripting and how the cpu often becomes an entirely different team in the 4Q after having gotten its ass kicked all game. this is exactly what i said would happen when they announced this game. they got e everyone all excited about the return of ncaa football, only for EA to release yet another lazy, insulting game that’s full of bugs that will never be fixed. i megaloathe this company’s existence.

Edited by Derka
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Derka said:

god damn, i’ve spent some time browsing the subreddit for this game and they’re all just as miserable as i am. every single post is complaining about the game, and they’re all a)legitimate gripes, and b)asinine issues from EA. the latest thread i just clicked on is people doing dynasty mode as UGA and florida isn’t on their schedule. another commenter doing michigan state says he hasn’t played against michigan in 10 years. the thread i read before that was about all of the scripting and how the cpu often becomes an entirely different team in the 4Q after having gotten its ass kicked all game. this is exactly what i said would happen when they announced this game. they got e everyone all excited about the return of ncaa football, only for EA to release yet another lazy, insulting game that’s full of bugs that will never be fixed. i megaloathe this company’s existence.

I mean fuck Arkansas but they’re not on my schedule anymore and I thought we were in same POD therefore playing them every year. EA sucks!

It's pretty incredible that they couldn't get rotating conference schedules correct. They had that right 3 consoles ago. I use cincinnati and am only in the middle of a third season. The big 12 schedules are already completely fucked. CU plays UCF twice in one season. It's clear that every conference is totally jacked up. After pimping "dynasty" so hard in marketing, how do you even allow that to launch? And there have been two patches and they still didn't address that? It's a fun game but it's hilarious that they took 12 years to get half the shit they had right 15 years ago wrong in 2024. 

Once they revealed that they couldn't code what is essentially just a day planner, I'm surprised that the entire development team isn't fired. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

I mean fuck Arkansas but they’re not on my schedule anymore and I thought we were in same POD therefore playing them every year. EA sucks!

No doubt EA fucked up the scheduling, but there are no “pods” in the SEC yet. Pretty sure there is no official way they are rotating the schedule at all yet, they kind of punted on that decision for a year or two. 

there’s essentially no variety to rb screens. you either get the pass off and gain 8+ yards or you get sacked 1.2 seconds after the snap. this type of repetitive game play is a hallmark of ea sports. again, i megaloathe this company and its insulting excuses for sports games.

• Hook 'Em 1

there’s essentially no variety to rb screens. you either get the pass off and gain 8+ yards or you get sacked 1.2 seconds after the snap. this type of repetitive game play is a hallmark of ea sports. again, i megaloathe this company and its insulting excuses for sports games.

God forbid the other team gets the ball off on one. It’s practically impossible to stop some games.

1 hour ago, Tailgate said:

Any of y'all ever done remote play (PS5)? I joined a dynasty league and I’m traveling next week. Am I crazy to think I can play a game on my iPad while out of town? Latency an issue likely? 

I'm sure EA worked diligently with the best people to provide a seamless experience. They failed to provide coherent substitution features and can't get season schedules correct but I'm sure this will be fine. 

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tailgate said:

Any of y'all ever done remote play (PS5)? I joined a dynasty league and I’m traveling next week. Am I crazy to think I can play a game on my iPad while out of town? Latency an issue likely? 

I have remote played (Xbox Series S) on my iphone 15 and it is fine. Obv not as smooth as playing on the console, but it works fine. I played on my (insert classical music) iPhone 15 Pro Max which is not ideal. Too small for my old eyes. Would definitely be better on an ipad. Hope it works for ya.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, Dignan said:

I have remote played (Xbox Series S) on my iphone 15 and it is fine. Obv not as smooth as playing on the console, but it works fine. I played on my (insert classical music) iPhone 15 Pro Max which is not ideal. Too small for my old eyes. Would definitely be better on an ipad. Hope it works for ya.

Thanks, I’m going to give it a shot next week.

My passing game has been horrendous…like 6-7 INTs a game. Played a cool dude last night who said I should change my settings to:

User options 
Passing type: placement & accuracy 
Passing slowdown: off 
Pass lead increase: small
Reticle speed: 16

It appears to be easier to hit receivers now. Anyone use different settings they find even easier?

On 8/19/2024 at 10:24 PM, Derka said:

i’m 10-0, i’m manic and can’t sleep so i’ve been playing the game all night, my last four games have been against crap teams and have been easy wins so my main focus is on recruiting (which again is needlessly complicated and fickle) so i’d like to sim my game against tennessee who is 5-4. well guess what?  just like the last iteration of this game that i played, and just like every iteration of fifa ever, the game is scripted, and it has decided that i simply cannot beat tennessee. i’ve simmed it five times, i’ve lost five times. i keep having to back out if the game and then start it up again, and now i’m just going to play the stupid fucking game which i’ll probably win 50-0 any god damn way. why do they put this in the game? seriously, what is the fucking point of programming this into every single game that EA makes? 

They added the “Force home/away win” feature to mitigate that. You have to go to one of the two schedule menus (either for your team or for total CFB) and then scroll down to the matchup and hit X. A screen will pop over and give you the option to force a win for the home or away team. 

• Like 1

New fun glitch in dynasty. No matter what I do the game does not process the changes I have made to the depth chart and it adds my 6th wr to the 3rd spot. Also does this to my RE who is 3rd on the depth chart but is starting over my 90 overall player. They have to bring back edit roster. This shit is ridiculous 

Edited by Texasborn91