NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

22 hours ago, Derka said:

Ha!

I had a game where I intercepted the ball in the endzone and ran the ball out of bounds right at the goal post. Not only did the game give my opponent 2 points for the safety, it spotted the ball for them 1st and 10 at my 20. 

And in the 4th year of my cincinnati dynasty I have 3 wr's wearing #0. I also have two offensive linemen also wearing #0. 2nd string rb wears #0. All of them can be on the field at the same time. It's like that scene in 'Three Amigos' where the entire town are dressed like the amigos. 

I have a gem 5 star linebacker and the game will not allow me to sub him in anywhere. I can go to the depth chart and put him at the top of any of the 3 LB positions. Nope. Won't be on the field. At first I thought maybe the game recognized him as a redshirt. As a sophomore in the middle of his second season it still won't allow him on the field. And his jersey # is ... you guessed it, #0.

I still have fun with the game but it's comically flawed in so many ways. I still can't believe they let this clunker launch. 

• Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

I went back just to finish my Road to Glory career.

Down 14-10 to Michigan with 1:20 left in first half, 3rd and 10, coach won't let me pass.  I have to punt. Michigan gets ball back and scores in 1-2 plays, now 21-10.  I get the ball with 53 seconds, incomplete pass. Screen pass with 3 guys out in front, all miss the block on the single guy, he tackles my back for 1 yard loss. Coach won't let me pass on 3rd.  Michigan gets it back with 23 seconds left and score again, 28-10. I get it back with 2 seconds left and kneel it....and reboot and remember why I hate this fucking game.

• Rage+1 1

Playing through the season. Steady diet of rpo to Blue, Nieback crossing and Bond on the post/ jet sweep Cajuns gave me hell in 2nd half , but every team hates the Horns nickel blitz and 4/4 zone blitzes. Anytime I try to play cb I am toast or flagged. I cant run a damn thing  back on kickoffs. Audibles to Bolden/Golden or sometimes Cook are winners once a game after that the computer punishes. Playing All American, need to learn  audibles and set up a playbook for next level. With apologies to Auburn no need to ever kick with our TE. Played up to OU, 500-600 yds a game on offense generous on D at 300 ypg. Manning is way slower on this game than he should be. Ewers is way more deadly on deep balls than he should be.

IMG_0530.thumb.jpeg.5952f111d36c5c6c31a3d18dcfce9a75.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

Playing through the season. Steady diet of rpo to Blue, Nieback crossing and Bond on the post/ jet sweep Cajuns gave me hell in 2nd half , but every team hates the Horns nickel blitz and 4/4 zone blitzes. Anytime I try to play cb I am toast or flagged. I cant run a damn thing  back on kickoffs. Audibles to Bolden/Golden or sometimes Cook are winners once a game after that the computer punishes. Playing All American, need to learn  audibles and set up a playbook for next level. With apologies to Auburn no need to ever kick with our TE. Played up to OU, 500-600 yds a game on offense generous on D at 300 ypg. Manning is way slower on this game than he should be. Ewers is way more deadly on deep balls than he should be.

Just send Bond on a go route. Chunk it up. Unless you are playing Georgia, he’s gonna be open enough. I torched Bama on Heisman for nearly 700 yards doing that. It was so bad it wasn’t fun.

1 hour ago, Jkwellborn said:

Just send Bond on a go route. Chunk it up. Unless you are playing Georgia, he’s gonna be open enough. I torched Bama on Heisman for nearly 700 yards doing that. It was so bad it wasn’t fun.

Dude Bond is a fucking cheat code! Hell in my dynasty I moved him to inside slot and he's burning the secondary on little crossing routes. Unbelievable! 

• Like 1

i set the difficulty whatever the second easiest level is and turned all of the cpu sliders all the way to zero (pass block, run block, throw accuracy, tackling, everything), and yet im still playing my season opener against south carolina (a conference game) for the fifth time because adjusting that shit hasn’t mattered at all.

just like in fifa, and madden, and every other ea sports game for the last million years, the cpu players are programmed to be 99 OVR at everything, including/especially making impossible defensive plays that occur when some db who is covering my x wr with his back to the qb suddenly veers off his man the moment i throw the ball to a different receiver, where the cpu db covers six yards in about 0.0008 seconds in some sort of hyper slide animation as he intercepts a pass that, when thrown, appeared to be a wide open, impossible-to-miss TD. meanwhile all of my cpu teammates do their best on every play to pretend that the football is a nuclear hot potato that they all want to stay very far away from.

its a fact, with a nearly unanimous consensus: this game is a 0/5, 0 stars, fuck-you-pay-me special, that’s literally designed to fuck you over in countless different ways. it’s a fucking joke. it’s not a college football video game, it’s just a scam.

Edited by Derka
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Well now I feel bad about coming here to say that Heisman near default settings is too easy.

After 4 years as OC at Air Force (last season there won a Heisman with a back who ran for 2,997 yards including 2 games in the playoffs) I got hired straight as HC at Texas. Horns had gone 3-9 the previous season. Took the job, switched to Heisman, and their roster is rated 90 across the board OVR/OFF/DEF. So basically the stupid sim engine is why the job was available. 

8-0 and I am moving the slider difficulty up each game. Don't get me wrong, there is still stupid crap but some of it is my team having 30 interceptions so far. Seriously. Trying to find a way to set up sliders so they'll cover people and just knock the ball down instead of catching it. Apparently manual deflect is tapping triangle instead of holding it down but I instinctively hold it down. If not for intercepting the opponent once every 4 drives they are moving it on me reasonably. 

But offense is way too easy. I'm throwing some picks but my spread option offense (used normal option at Air Force but switched to more shotgun with the Texas offense, both custom playbooks) is too powerful. Main issues now are a stupid glitch where on some shotgun option plays the back doesn't even try to catch it and on any pitch fumble they go to block instead of recovering the ball. 

And recruiting with an upgraded recruiter coach is definitely too easy. I had 9 of the top 38 recruits already committed in week 9 coming off of a 3-9 season. To be fair I'm a hot coaching name I guess and it's Texas but no way. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Sorry if this has been addressed, but how do I actually avoid handing the ball off to the first option in a triple option or when calling RPO. I'm sure it's something simple that I missed, but it's caused me to never call those plays.

Hold X/A to keep the ball on a triple option or read option. Basically the exact opposite of what it was in the old games. For the RPOs you have to tap the receiver icon before handing it off, so you have to make a pretty quick read or know exactly where you want to go before the snap.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Hold X/A to keep the ball on a triple option or read option. Basically the exact opposite of what it was in the old games. For the RPOs you have to tap the receiver icon before handing it off, so you have to make a pretty quick read or know exactly where you want to go before the snap.

Correct, for the initial read on the triple option I hold it down when I snap and let it go if I want the FB to take it. In that sense it's more realistic. 

13 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

I do A LOT of simming through dynasties and almost EVERY TIME Bond transfers after one year at Texas. Whatever computer coach is doing he needs to change it. Golden leaves a lot too. Just something I've noticed. (I am not using Texas when this happens).

• Haha 1

Yeah but most top level recruits won't be ready to visit until Week 3. So if he had nothing but conference road games from Week 3 through Week 8 that is a serious issue for this recruiting system.

In my first dynasty when I was just testing it out before I started the new one as Air Force OC in my second season at Texas we didn't play A&M.

1 hour ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

Did you manage your first 4 games to be home games? You wanna schedule your recruiting visits that early anyways.

I’ve always done that but only a few were available to visit week 3. Weeks 4-10 I’m on the road with a bye mixed in, which is prime visit time.

Edited by Helobious

Got remote play to work. It’s actually better than expected. Can get games in on iPad and using PS5 controller. I still suck no matter what format but it’s nice to keep up with my dynasty league while traveling. 

2 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

Anyone know if I can play with these jerseys?

image.thumb.png.646ad05b7e57707a6661e733a0175e28.png

Nope

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You can edit ratings of incoming recruits now but that’s it. Some absolute psycho on Reddit did figure out a convoluted glitch to kind of change player jersey numbers a while back.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NCAAFBseries/s/xQfVhCj1CT

Is it just for offline dynasty?

one of the biggest problems with this game is that ea has been married to frostbite for like a decade now. frostbite is not a sports gaming company, their game engines are designed for fps games. that’s why none of the player movement in any ea sports game has looked remotely realistic for years. it’s why the cpu safety doesn’t chop his feet, break down, cut, turn, and make a play, instead basically sliding 5 yards in 0.0005 seconds as if he’s wearing socks on the kitchen floor. same reason that every cpu defender who is chasing you from behind will move and turn almost in synchronicity with your player. they literally employ a company that’s not designed to make sports games to make all of their sports games. as long as these games have frostbite engines you can count on these same wildly unrealistic motions and reactions from your cpu opponents, as well as your own players.

• Like 1

I am finding that the surest tackle in the game is by hitting down on the truck stick when you are near the ball carrier. The tackler goes down and cuts their legs out from under them and stops them in their tracks every time. Doesn't matter if you are Ollie Gordon or some 3rd string scrub from Akron. 

6 hours ago, mr.goodkat said:

so you really can;t set a depth chart ? i got a transfer that i wantto be a back up. i put him 5th on depth chart and guess who lines up the first play ?  i don't get it 

What position? You can absolutely set a depth chart and they work. But the depth chart includes sub-positions (third down RB, Rush ends, etc.) and that can cause some weird player usage if you don’t have them set up right. 

3 hours ago, RichUT said:

What position? You can absolutely set a depth chart and they work. But the depth chart includes sub-positions (third down RB, Rush ends, etc.) and that can cause some weird player usage if you don’t have them set up right. 

hb wr , i did some reading on it and think i figured it out . 

I mostly sim and roster build. I've found you get much less shitty simming outcomes if you go into the game and sim from there versus just advancing the week from the main menu. It doesn't fix all the cheesy sim stuff but it helps.