NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

this shit where i can’t see who any of my receivers are because i’m playing on the road is so typically EA. just fucking stupid and makes the entire experience worse for no discernible reason.

speaking of EA’s general incompetence and indifference, i love how all of my receivers just run to their spot and then just fucking stand there, even when i’m scrambling. 3rd and 8, nobody open, i roll out, and they all just stand there letting themselves be covered by some cpu defender who is also just standing there, still, staring at my guy who isn’t moving at all.

i wish i had whatever it is that allows so many of you to overlook this type of unforgivable shit that permeates this game. that level of patience and lack of give-a-fuck is beyond my comprehension.

this shit where i can’t see who any of my receivers are because i’m playing on the road is so typically EA. just fucking stupid and makes the entire experience worse for no discernible reason.
speaking of EA’s general incompetence and indifference, i love how all of my receivers just run to their spot and then just fucking stand there, even when i’m scrambling. 3rd and 8, nobody open, i roll out, and they all just stand there letting themselves be covered by some cpu defender who is also just standing there, still, staring at my guy who isn’t moving at all.
i wish i had whatever it is that allows so many of you to overlook this type of unforgivable shit that permeates this game. that level of patience and lack of give-a-fuck is beyond my comprehension.

Can you move them with the right stick? I feel like I was doing that in a mini game. But I could just been imagining it.

15 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

Can you move them with the right stick? I feel like I was doing that in a mini game. But I could just been imagining it.

it’s possible, i’ll have to try it the next time i play. it’s still one of those hallmarks of EA- there’s 22 players on the field (madden, ncaa, and fifa) and 21 of them are run by the cpu. the 11 “cpu” players are all programmed to react to the ball, to break on the ball, to run at the proper angle, etc. meanwhile your 10 cpu controlled teammates are blatantly programmed to do the opposite, aka to fuck you over.

your cpu teammates don’t react, they don’t break on the ball, they don’t box out, they don’t use their speed/size/strength/etc to their advantage and so on and so on. in fifa they just sprint 10 yards offside instead of trying to stay onside, in ncaa your WR just keeps running his route irrespective of where the ball is, meanwhile the DB actually reacts to the ball and makes a play for it. shit is shameful. if i had my way nobody would buy the next edition of this game, because its going to be this exact game with updated rosters. 

Edited by Derka

Formation subs not being in this game is fucking retarded. Juke moves are so slow and laggy and I have elite statistical players on dynasty. On the older games you could jitter bug all over the place. Is there a way to start a play book from scratch? I ask can’t select my custom play book as my default playbook from dynasty menu. I have to remember to select it on the pre game screen. This game fucking sucks

On 8/29/2024 at 6:44 PM, Dark Horse said:

They didn’t fix Texas’s playbook in Road to CFP 🤬

Yeah I’ve been winning playing as Kansas against teams like Georgia and Ohio State and Alabama more than as Texas. 

Big drop off from blue now that Baxter is gone. All four receivers are elite it’s just so risky passing a ton because Quinn can’t escape in this game. 

Alabama players in CFB are by far the worst but the RB talent and luck they get constantly is insane. I was up two touchdowns playing as Air Force against Bama and on 4th and 35 I was in prevent defense and gave up a touchdown. 

the game is definitely a broken EA game but it’s still kind of fun

Wish you could just play unranked online and say I want to play against Michigan as Texas. There’s no way to just pick match ups I’m always playing Ohio state or Alabama now. 

On 9/6/2024 at 7:23 PM, Derka said:

it’s possible, i’ll have to try it the next time i play. it’s still one of those hallmarks of EA- there’s 22 players on the field (madden, ncaa, and fifa) and 21 of them are run by the cpu. the 11 “cpu” players are all programmed to react to the ball, to break on the ball, to run at the proper angle, etc. meanwhile your 10 cpu controlled teammates are blatantly programmed to do the opposite, aka to fuck you over.

your cpu teammates don’t react, they don’t break on the ball, they don’t box out, they don’t use their speed/size/strength/etc to their advantage and so on and so on. in fifa they just sprint 10 yards offside instead of trying to stay onside, in ncaa your WR just keeps running his route irrespective of where the ball is, meanwhile the DB actually reacts to the ball and makes a play for it. shit is shameful. if i had my way nobody would buy the next edition of this game, because its going to be this exact game with updated rosters. 

I’m really sorry you suck at this game. Can I send you a cookie or something?

• Haha 2

On 9/6/2024 at 3:21 PM, Derka said:

When scrambling outside the pocket, flick up on the right stick to send receivers downfield.

• Like 1

I'm 2 years into a dynasty with Tennessee (hired after being OC at Rice.) 11 of my starting 12 on defense are white guys, including the entire defensive backfield. 10/12 on offense are white, including all RBs and WRs. My punter and kicker are black and have dreads.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I'm 2 years into a dynasty with Tennessee (hired after being OC at Rice.) 11 of my starting 12 on defense are white guys, including the entire defensive backfield. 10/12 on offense are white, including all RBs and WRs. My punter and kicker are black and have dreads.

image.gif.79aaf5ce09ccfd00a5a493fc249f8d48.gif

Road to glory is such a fucking terrible mode, and it used to be the most fun career mode in any sport game. I hate how much they cut down on their database of cities compared to the old games too. It’s total bullshit I can’t make my guy be from Harlingen.

On 9/5/2024 at 2:45 PM, Derka said:

i just saw some skinny white dude on punt coverage wearing no.10. 🙄 

and now i’ve got a chubby white dude on kickoff coverage wearing no.20. you had a decade to make this game EA. jesus christ that’s lazy.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

When scrambling outside the pocket, flick up on the right stick to send receivers downfield.

Ah damn. I did not know this. EA should've provided a page that, you know ... tells you stuff? For the longest time I didn't know why the number 2 or 3 would occasionally flash above the safeties. Had no idea that it meant the qb had identified your coverage. I still don't know what some of symbols are that flash over some of the defensive players. 

Today is 25 years since the Sega Dreamcast released with NFL2K, the series that showed EA was so far behind in gameplay that they eventually had to buy the exclusive rights to the NFL. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 8/28/2024 at 8:08 AM, Derka said:

i set the difficulty whatever the second easiest level is and turned all of the cpu sliders all the way to zero

ok i think i can increase the difficulty level again lol:

e505d23e-7f31-4679-a8cc-cc9de8c3747a.thumb.png.f61dd780211f627dbaeb52fe3035227d.png

still way too much janky ea stuff, but i’m slowly beginning to find balance. that’s all i want. i just want it to feel more real than scripted. 

Edited by Derka

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

If I have any kind of lead in the 4th I immediately switch to chew clock mode and just run the ball because of that. The CPU is just programmed to be unstoppable on offense, and it’s even worse if you try simming defense

cpu when you win the 4th quarter:

• Haha 2

something that’s not just consistent but an actual staple of ea sports games is that player and team ratings do not matter at all. they have no actual/true/consistent say in how good or bad a team/player is. you will beat the daylights out of an inferior opponent for the entire 1H, and then in the 2H their QB is tom brady and their HC is bill belichick. every play call is perfect, every pass is right into the hole of the defense, every run is for 11 yards, and suddenly you’re just playing a completely different team.

true story: in fifa, if you win the 1H 3-0 the cpu team will come out for the 2H like prime barcelona on fire, because “half time adjustments.” the solution? literally just move a few of your players half an inch in one direction or another on the team formation screen, and voila! the cpu team is once again fucked because “half time adjustments”. that’s the kind of low level bullshit we’re dealing with with this game too. team rankings and records mean nothing, and the EA script makes it to where any team you’re playing can turn into 2005 Texas at any time, even if you’re winning 38-7 at half time.

if EA HQ burns to the ground tomorrow i’m throwing a rager at my moms house in pflugerville and everyone is invited. the people who make these games while preying on little kids deserve all of the bad things in the world.

Edited by Derka

On 9/10/2024 at 12:14 PM, Foosters said:

So you're playing NCAA 1965?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

every single game that i lose is 100% due to the cpu blatantly, overtly, unapologetically cheating. that’s a fact. and this is every ea game in a nutshell. so much of it is scripted that it’s impossible to immerse yourself in the game. you literally are not in control of what happens, the script is. your play call, your execution, your talent level- it doesn’t matter. the cpu will do what it is programmed to do. 

to be clear, me winning every game unless the cpu blatantly cheats is fucking horseshit. i should be losing tough games to tough opponents every now and then. last night i lost to bama in the sec title when the entire second half was an absolute scripted sham, and the next game (playoffs) i’m ahead of cincy 52-0 at half time. zero part of that is fun for me. just give us a goddamn game that isn’t scripted for christ’s sake. FAK.

Edited by Derka

10 minutes ago, Derka said:

every single game that i lose is 100% due to the cpu blatantly, overtly, unapologetically cheating. that’s a fact. and this is every ea game in a nutshell. so much of it is scripted that it’s impossible to immerse yourself in the game. you literally are not in control of what happens, the script is. your play call, your execution, your talent level- it doesn’t matter. the cpu will do what it is programmed to do. 

to be clear, me winning every game unless the cpu blatantly cheats is fucking horseshit. i should be losing tough games to tough opponents every now and then. last night i lost to bama in the sec title when the entire second half was an absolute scripted sham, and the next game (playoffs) i’m ahead of cincy 52-0 at half time. zero part of that is fun for me. just give us a goddamn game that isn’t scripted for christ’s sake. FAK.

It is a poor musician that blames his instrument. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

for example bama scored the winning td in the 4th quarter on 3rd and goal from mike the 10 yard line despite me calling the perfect defense. i called a zone who’s main premise was shutting down the flats. its in the goddamn name of the play call for christ’s sake. but that’s not what happened. instead, all three db’s on the right side of the field ran to the same spot (which was in the end zone btw) leaving the left flat wide the fuck open for bama to do an easy pitch and catch for the game winner. that one play is how the entire second half played out. it did not matter what i did, the cpu was always going to win. 

Edited by Derka

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

It is a poor musician that blames his instrument. 

i tell you what- i’ll give you a violin that’s got no strings, is made out of cement, and comes with a bow that’s just a wet spaghetti noodle. go ahead and blow my mind with your amazing violin playing.

• Haha 1

just witnessed my first ever INT on an overthrown ball. it happened to me, in a national semifinal game where i was otherwise pounding the shit out of oregon. quinn has a wide open man, i have the passing settings on classic, and it should be an easy pitch and catch. instead it’s a 90 yard pick 6 to make the score 10-7 instead of 17-0. the cpu did nothing to make this game close. they just decided that i was going to throw a pick 6 there. it’s so blatant.

and yeah, that was legitimately the first ever overthrow that i’ve seen turn into an INT. every other INT i’ve ever seen has been a jumped route. all of them. that’s what you get with EA. an unbelievably repetitive, stripped down, scripted video game. 

and no im not going to stop. put me on ignore if you need to.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Derka said:

just witnessed my first ever INT on an overthrown ball. it happened to me, in a national semifinal game where i was otherwise pounding the shit out of oregon. quinn has a wide open man, i have the passing settings on classic, and it should be an easy pitch and catch. instead it’s a 90 yard pick 6 to make the score 10-7 instead of 17-0. the cpu did nothing to make this game close. they just decided that i was going to throw a pick 6 there. it’s so blatant.

and yeah, that was legitimately the first ever overthrow that i’ve seen turn into an INT. every other INT i’ve ever seen has been a jumped route. all of them. that’s what you get with EA. an unbelievably repetitive, stripped down, scripted video game. 

and no im not going to stop. put me on ignore if you need to.

Got a good for you…

ip 17-3 against Ou late in the 3rd and they score a Td by stumbling over a body and fumbling the ball into the end zone which they recover and go for 2…. And get it. I knew what was about to happen… from then on out. Their D comes out and fucking stifles me. They march down and take the lead, then on the return with 2 minutes left I fumble the kick return and they recover. Never get the ball back. 

• Rage+1 1