BLOW THAT FUCKING HORN - COMMODORES TAKE DOWN #1 ALABAMA AT HOME ×

NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

4 hours ago, Chooky said:

I don't know what the last patch was supposed to do, but I now throw lots of interceptions. 

like literally 5 every game. in my dynasty mode arch is 99 everything and he throws 4-5 picks a game now. every single one is the same: my wr/te competent ignore the ball while every defender on the screen breaks on the ball instantaneously, even/especially when he’s not even looking at the play. it’s fucking infuriating. 

3 of my last 4 games i’ve been up 13-0, 14-3, and 13-3 with ~3 min left in the 2Q. all three times i did my normal, balanced, time killing drive where i get inside the 10 only to throw a 90+ yard pick 6 on this bullshit. i go look at the stats and its like 240 - 75 in total yards, 6/6 to 0/4 on 3rd down conversions, just total, absolute, unabated domination, followed by one cheap, scandalous, scripted pick 6 which suddenly sees the score at 13-10 instead of 20-3. 

once you play this game enough you realize there is no such thing as an honest to god fair competition, that every game is just being played out under a set of predetermined scripts by ea. you’ll have the occasional close game but it won’t be a great game, it’ll be a game that drives you to drink because everything the cpu does well is cheap and unearned. fucking stupid.

i’ve turned cpu pass coverage and interceptions down to 0 and they just keep happening 3-5x every game. it’s always wide open wr’s, and the throw is just 8 yards short, my wr just keeps running, the and the defense always breaks on the ball and picks it. i could be playing against SW Wyoming School For Blind Girls and Arch would throw 4 picks. 

On 10/3/2024 at 12:46 PM, Chooky said:

I don't know what the last patch was supposed to do, but I now throw lots of interceptions. 

Yeah. Me too. Went from 1-2 interceptions every 4 games to seemingly 4 interceptions per game. LBs have gained the ability to levitate midair and do a 180 to make formerly safe throws almost impossible to make. 

Are either of you using revamped passing by chance? It's the best of the bunch in my opinion and not that hard to pick up with just a bit of practice. Here is a good article on how each passing style works:

https://www.operationsports.com/madden-25-and-college-football-25-passing-settings-and-revamped-vs-placement-and-accuracy/

Hard to diagnose exactly what's going on without more of the details. I don't want to sound like a total dick, but none of the patches have radically changed CPU coverage or interception tendencies. Based on what's been shared my guess is that there is an issue recognizing defenses and having an idea of who the best 1st and 2nd options are on any given throw. Here is another article that helps identify what coverage the Defense is in based on how they line up at the snap.

https://www.operationsports.com/identifying-coverages-pre-snap-in-madden-25-and-college-football-25/

Bear in mind that the CPU D will sometimes disguise coverages (i.e., show Cover 3 but actually be in man, etc.). 

Finally, the game does have momentum such that completing shorter/higher percentage throws early on will get your QB into rhythm and result in more accurate longer throws. I open most games running RPO's, drag routes, and jet sweeps to start building momentum. 

• Hook 'Em 1