NCAA FOOTBALL IS BACK MFers

cdain3

10 hours ago, TexArcher said:

I have to say, making Kyle Field boo a little after a 3-and-out at 45-21 might be my favorite ever video game moment.

There's been a couple of times that booing has stood as a small but nice feature. Like I'm winning and driving on offense but get flagged for holding. The crowd starts booing me. I start to think, "What more do these fuckers want?" then I realize they're booing the refs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, Hitch said:

I rough the kicker just about once a game and it really, really pisses me off. 

13 hours ago, Chooky said:

Just pick safe on punts and fg's. Every time. 

13 hours ago, Foosters said:

Or just turn off roughing the punter and kicking entirely...

I punt like 1 time a game max (go for it on 4th down 2-3 times a game). I'd say about 50% of the the CPU roughs my punter too, and I get my drive extended. So it's an equal opportunity offender. 

Recruiting in this game is fucking retarded. I can barely get 15 recruits. Meanwhile all other programs load up with 28 player classes. Idk how many times I’ve poured max hours, killed the visit, killed the pitch and the computer swoops in and plucks them. Make it make fucking sense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Recruiting in this game is fucking retarded. I can barely get 15 recruits. Meanwhile all other programs load up with 28 player classes. Idk how many times I’ve poured max hours, killed the visit, killed the pitch and the computer swoops in and plucks them. Make it make fucking sense. 

You sending in the white wimmen?
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

My current class (year 4, Trey Owen’s Junior Season, after Quinn came back for his senior year, then Arch set the single season passing record and went pro after one season) has 13 five star players committed. Recruit better. 

Edited by hornian
  • Like 1

Went back down a division after a bunch of connection issue losses.

Won enough to make playoffs - had to play as tier 3 against tier 1. Florida vs. Alabama.

Getting run on by Milroe over and over

He makes a miracle 4th down pass then a TD pass, he's dancing to the endzone for the win and gets stripped lmao

poetic

EA SPORTS™ College Football 25-2024_08_11-00_00_10.mp4

Now I'm in the playoffs, Texas vs. Alabama...

Going to have to figure out a way to stop Milroe running he's too good in this

I’m done with it. The last update made RTG so incredibly fucked. It’s like they think every game should come down to the last play. If you don’t manage the clock perfectly then you are going to lose.

Maybe next year this will get better, but this game is wishful dogshit…

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Fastbreak said:

I’m done with it. The last update made RTG so incredibly fucked. It’s like they think every game should come down to the last play. If you don’t manage the clock perfectly then you are going to lose.

Maybe next year this will get better, but this game is wishful dogshit…

Before you were rewarded for being conservative, now it’s a coin flip. Go for the throat (deep ball) and you will be fine. 

On offense also don’t neglect the run, it’s pretty easy to break big ones sometimes. Jet pass works so well but lots have learned to stop it. Instead of the fake Jet play I just run inside zone with motion it works a lot better. 

Just now, Zeus said:

Before you were rewarded for being conservative, now it’s a coin flip. Go for the throat (deep ball) and you will be fine. 

On offense also don’t neglect the run, it’s pretty easy to break big ones sometimes. Jet pass works so well but lots have learned to stop it. Instead of the fake Jet play I just run inside zone with motion it works a lot better. 

My QB transfer to tOSU after 2 years at La Tech with 2 straight 3000/1300+ yard seasons.  Game 1 at tOSU was pretty normal, 320 passing, 80 rushing.  After last patch we rushed for -35 yards against Oregon and -19 against Ball State.  They made running the ball insane.  I have an 88 rated HB who is now like 35 carries for 6 yards on the season.  My QB has 92 speed as a scrambling QB.  All DE/OLBs have have high speed and strength and can just run me down with no problems.

7 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

What are the coins in dynasty when you are viewing a player card? You use it to upgrade the player but all my players have zero coins? 

Pretty sure the coins can only be used for coaching abilities

On 8/9/2024 at 8:12 AM, Texasborn91 said:

Same here. I had a 5 star number 1 all year and I ended 3rd in choice 

I’m having a hard time understanding how to improve player progression. In my second season Arch was my QB and then left after a record breaking season. Played Owens as backup and he had an 82 rating. I upgraded the motivator skills for my coach to make sure players would boost up their ratings on the offseason like YouTubers had suggested. But Owens still remained at 82?! This is frustrating. 

1 hour ago, FunkSoulBrother said:

I’m having a hard time understanding how to improve player progression. In my second season Arch was my QB and then left after a record breaking season. Played Owens as backup and he had an 82 rating. I upgraded the motivator skills for my coach to make sure players would boost up their ratings on the offseason like YouTubers had suggested. But Owens still remained at 82?! This is frustrating. 

I think players have a built in cap. So you can have a record breaking season but they can only upgrade so much no matter what you do. Malik Muhammad won db of the year 2 years in a row, came back for senior year and only progressed like 3 points since sophomore year. It’s a stupid layout. If I can’t control what a player upgrades then what’s the point of displaying skill points. 

• Rage+1 1

Not sure if this has been discussed, but if you go to Scores/Schedules and then scroll to and click on a game you can force the winner of the game.

I only say this because since I realized this, Oklahoma hasn't won a single game in my dynasty during any week where I visit that screen.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

I think players have a built in cap. So you can have a record breaking season but they can only upgrade so much no matter what you do. Malik Muhammad won db of the year 2 years in a row, came back for senior year and only progressed like 3 points since sophomore year. It’s a stupid layout. If I can’t control what a player upgrades then what’s the point of displaying skill points. 

malik muhammad and trey moore are so overpowered. i think malik had 11 picks and 6 TDs in my first season, and for reference, trey moore (who had 70-something tackles and 63 sacks in someone else’s screenshot upthread) was the NDPOY in that same season and i think he had like 16 tackles with 15 tfl and 14 sacks. in other words, muhammad would have had about 35 INT and 18 TDs in that other guy’s season. those two guys are untoppable.

before this game came out i was playing ncaa 06 on my old 360, and gameplay wise it is virtually the exact same game. the only difference i’ve noticed is that you actually have to make your wr catch the ball in this version, whereas in 06 the WR will at least attempt to make the catch on his own. other than that it’s the exact same game.

two things that really really stand out as being completely unchanged from a game that came out 19 years ago and three consoles ago:

•the way that everyone on the field for the cpu has the exact same reflexes and running/cutting ability. any time you get behind the defense and are running away from them, you can have all 11 defenders chasing behind you, and every single time you change directions the entire defensie will collectively and simultaneously change directions with you. the entire defense is as agile and reactive as tyreek hill. these mechanics being in a football game are a joke. they were a joke 20 years ago. it’s not funny anymore.

•every game you play will have the same feel to it, and then you get to a certain game, usually a “big game”, and suddenly the scripting comes out and is completely evident. i’m legit able to call out what’s going to happen before it happens because i’ve seen the same scripts so many times. you force a 3rd and 18 and call a quarters defense and the cpu just sabotages you, has your defenders all cover the wrong areas, and you just sit there and watch as the qb snaps the ball and instantly fires a pass to the very spot that your defender is supposed to be/where his WR actually is (behind the last defender) for an easy TD on a play whose only design is to keep the play in front. or, all of a sudden the best run defense in the country is giving up 11 ypc to 4-loss Boston College in the playoff quarterfinals and BC is just running it every single play. shit like that. 

the game ain’t changed; just got more fierce better graphics.

• Haha 2

On the recruiting front, here's a couple things I figured out. 

First, having the coaching style set to recruiter helps. A lot. You get more than 300 hours more each week than the other styles. 

Next, pay close attention to the deal breakers and gems on the bottom left corner of a recruit's profile. Reds are unlikely to commit and green is more likely (or better suited for your program.)

Maxing out scouting for each recruit is important. It'll help with the motivations, as well as player/ scheme fit. 

Pay close attention to needs and recommendations. Obviously the try to recruit more players in your pipeline. Also, it helps if all your coaches have different pipelines than where your school is located, giving you an additional pipeline. (Ex. Head coach for Texas-- Louisiana, OC-- south Florida, DC-- socal. Your added pipeline is the whole state of Texas.)

If you're like me and used to just play the game in older editions, you can switch up the "actions" each week to customize your pitch. Also, leaving actions on a recruit counts against your hours each week, so you want to adjust accordingly. 

Finally, focus on "interest" vs the recruit time-line. Certain actions can speed up a commitment if the interest is great. Also, visits are key in this and do not count towards the hours spent on an individual recruit (but still count towards your hours overall.)

Hopefully that helps someone. 

• Hook 'Em 5

16 minutes ago, Bigbend1812 said:

After the first week of recruiting and using all available hours,  I go 2-3 weeks with no hours to spend.  Then only get 130-150 hrs.  WTF?

Read my post above yours. You can also take off actions from those of whom you're in 1st for and apply them accordingly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BigHorn'13 said:

First, having the coaching style set to recruiter helps. A lot. You get more than 300 hours more each week than the other styles. 

Next, pay close attention to the deal breakers and gems on the bottom left corner of a recruit's profile. Reds are unlikely to commit and green is more likely (or better suited for your program.)

Maxing out scouting for each recruit is important. It'll help with the motivations, as well as player/ scheme fit. 

Pay close attention to needs and recommendations. Obviously the try to recruit more players in your pipeline. Also, it helps if all your coaches have different pipelines than where your school is located, giving you an additional pipeline. (Ex. Head coach for Texas-- Louisiana, OC-- south Florida, DC-- socal. Your added pipeline is the whole state of Texas.)

If you're like me and used to just play the game in older editions, you can switch up the "actions" each week to customize your pitch. Also, leaving actions on a recruit counts against your hours each week, so you want to adjust accordingly. 

Finally, focus on "interest" vs the recruit time-line. Certain actions can speed up a commitment if the interest is great. Also, visits are key in this and do not count towards the hours spent on an individual recruit (but still count towards your hours overall.)

I guess with the latest patch update you wanna offer those 4 stars early now too. Apparently they reduced the number of 4* players without an offer after first 2 weeks.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Rising Head Up GIF by funk

Key And Peele Reaction GIF

Thanks my man!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Next, pay close attention to the deal breakers and gems on the bottom left corner of a recruit's profile. Reds are unlikely to commit and green is more likely (or better suited for your program.

I don’t think the red or green gems have anything to do with likelihood of commitment. I think it means they’re underrated or overrated. 

“Red diamonds indicate a bust in College Football 25 Dynasty, and green diamonds signify a gem. For example, if a bust is a four-star prospect, they are a three-star level talent. Meanwhile, a four-star gem is a five-star recruit. 

To discover if a player is a bust or gem, players must complete 100% of scouting on a prospect. To do this, you spend hours uncovering a prospect’s top attributes. You will see a bust or a gem icon in the top left of a recruit’s profile if they are either.”

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/college-football-25-red-and-green-diamonds-explained-in-dynasty-2833540/

• Hook 'Em 1

Correct, was about to post that about gems.

But I hadn't even thought enough about coach type affecting recruiting so much. I select recruiter for myself because I think that's obvious to do. I mean I'm in control of the playbooks and actual gameplay, why the hell would I choose bonuses there? I need to get the jimmies and joes, baby.

So in related news in my third recruiting class as OC for Air Force we have three 5-star commits and seven 4-star commits in week 9. Obviously it helps that we're winning too much but this dynasty is on Heisman. I probably went a little overboard with the sliders, though, so I'll have to make those harder soon.

2 hours ago, gernblansten said:

I don’t think the red or green gems have anything to do with likelihood of commitment. I think it means they’re underrated or overrated. 

“Red diamonds indicate a bust in College Football 25 Dynasty, and green diamonds signify a gem. For example, if a bust is a four-star prospect, they are a three-star level talent. Meanwhile, a four-star gem is a five-star recruit. 

To discover if a player is a bust or gem, players must complete 100% of scouting on a prospect. To do this, you spend hours uncovering a prospect’s top attributes. You will see a bust or a gem icon in the top left of a recruit’s profile if they are either.”

https://www.dexerto.com/gaming/college-football-25-red-and-green-diamonds-explained-in-dynasty-2833540/

Ah that makes sense. 

They should have called this game 2025 Get Sacked Repeatedly. 

There are routes that i don't even attempt because I know there won't be time. When I see routes with double breaks I just assume that's their version of comic relief. Even with prefect slide protections something like the comeback route is probably gong to take too long. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

Correct, was about to post that about gems.

But I hadn't even thought enough about coach type affecting recruiting so much. I select recruiter for myself because I think that's obvious to do. I mean I'm in control of the playbooks and actual gameplay, why the hell would I choose bonuses there? I need to get the jimmies and joes, baby.

So in related news in my third recruiting class as OC for Air Force we have three 5-star commits and seven 4-star commits in week 9. Obviously it helps that we're winning too much but this dynasty is on Heisman. I probably went a little overboard with the sliders, though, so I'll have to make those harder soon.

They should have a "recruiting difficulty" option in addition to the gameplay difficulty. I'm on year 3 as OC at Rice and my classes have gone: #55, #33, and sitting at #12 in week 11. Seems like there's a vocal portion of the fan base that wants the recruiting to be more realistic, ie. 1-3 star programs should have almost no ability to ever sign a 5 star. Operation Sports has some VERY passionate players and while searching for a set of sliders found the below "ground rules" for a dynasty that some are using to combat the easy recruiting.  I'm not following them, but may try to self-impose some similar restrictions going forward.

1. Whatever your star rating is you can only recruit two stars above your star rating in your Main Pipeline States. These are Tier 5 and Tier 4 states (Purple and Blue respectively). Your home state regardless of color tier ranking you can go two stars above. So if you are a school in Florida....you can recruit 2 stars above your prestige in the state of Florida.

Tier 5 and Tier 4 Pipeline states you can go after anyone 2 stars above your teams prestige rating. Pipeline states have a ribbon and color tier associated with them. The color tiers are 1) Purple, 2) Blue, 3) Gold, 4) Silver 5)Bronze. Purple is the highest tier pipeline state and Bronze is lowest.

You can only go after 2 star above your prestige in Purple and Blue pipeline states.

Also you can only go after players on the recommended list on the prospect list tab. This is how the AI does it. So you are building a prospect list exactly like the CPU.[/i]

Again you can only build your recruit list from the Recommended list tab.

You can select one national recruit not on the recommended list and in any state once per season and only if they list you in the top 10 when setting up your board in the pre-season. And you can fully scout this one exception recruit.

For example for NC State I am a 4 star rated school. I can recruit 5 star players from my main pipeline States (Purple, Blue). Only 1 star above from the rest (Gold, Silver, Bronze). However even if my home state NC was only say a gold tier....since it is my home state I can go 2 stars above.

I can choose one national 5 star player (or any star player for that matter) I want to pursue if they list me in their top 10 initially....but that's if it's outside of the pipelines mentioned. If you are a one star school you can only go as high as 2 stars nationally but you can make one exception outside your pipeline states as mentioned above and only if they list you in their top 10 pre season.

If it is your Primary pipeline states you can try to recruit 2 stars above. But outside your Primary pipeline state it can only be 1 star max above your schools stars rating. The complete chart is below

Recruiting Star Rating Rules Chart:

1-1.5 star school - Can only recruit up to 3 star players in Top Tier states (Purple and Blue), home state and chosen pipeline state of your coach. The rest can only be 1 star above. You can try to recruit a 3 star player outside of your Top Tier Pipeline states once a year (or not a pipeline state) and if they have you listed in the top 10 initially.

2-2.5 star rated school - Can only recruit up to 4 star player in Top Tier states (Purple and Blue), home state and chosen pipeline state of your coach. You can try to recruit a 4 star player outside of your Top Tier Pipeline states once a year (or not a pipeline state) and if they have you listed in the top 10 initially.

3-3.5 star rated school - Can only recruit up to 5 star player in Top Tier states (Purple and Blue), home state and chosen pipeline state of your coach. Outside of that can only recruit 1 star above nationally (4 star players) if in top 10 initially. You can try to recruit a 5 star player outside of your Top Tier Pipeline states once a year (or not a pipeline state) and if they have you listed in the top 10 initially.

4-5 star rated school - Can only recruit up to 5 star player in top tier pipeline states (Purple and Blue), home state and chosen pipeline state of your coach. Outside of that can only recruit 1 star above nationally (4 star players) and choose one 5 star rated player nationally or outside of your pipeline if interest is in the top 10 initially.

2. Scouting - I can only fully scout players in pipeline Purple tier or Blue tier (Home state as well regardless of tier) and only scout 80% in Gold and Silver tiers. 40% in the Bronze tier. This will help limit my discovery of Gems and Busts and make that more rewarding when it happens outside of my home state. I found scouting to be OP. I can easily discover gems around the country and outside my main pipeline state. Also A player must list you as a Top 10 school out of the gate to be scouted at all.

Each class you can choose one player to fully scout outside your pipeline states or a tier Gold, Silver or Bronze (if thats what you want) and they must have you in their top 10 schools on your initial board. So this plays into the "prospect camp" aspect and hometown kids are typically the biggest participants in your camps.

3. You can only add players to your board where you are listed in their top 10.

4. You can select one national recruit not on the recommended list and in any state once per season and only if they list you in the top 10 when setting up your board in the pre-season. And you can fully scout this one exception recruit as well.

5. You can also make one exception to any player not in the Purple or Blue Tier to fully scout. (this is in addition to going after one National recruit of your choice in any tier or state and fully scouting them).

Agreed their should be a separate difficulty for recruiting. I mean it kind of felt awesome and like feel good luck when in this third class of my Air Force dynasty the #9 player in the country was a badass RB from Colorado Springs right after I'd led the nation in rushing 2 seasons in a row and had two separate 1,000 yard rushers and nearly a third the second season. So for that guy I would have broken any house rules I'd set, tbh.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 7/22/2024 at 12:28 AM, drifter379 said:

Tap x to hike the ball and it auto hands off to HB. Hold x to keep the ball with the qb and then your pass options are available. 

Hey…just saw your message when I was online at PlayStation.com. I’ll see if I can see you online tomorrow! Sorry I missed it a few weeks ago…I’m an old and catching up! Would be cool to get a Surly tournament in game.

• Hook 'Em 1

I absolutely love just running the ball and breaking people. It’s hilarious how mad people get when I just line up in the I Form and pound the rock.  They then start playing 4-4 and blitz everyone and throw a fit when I throw slants. They call me every name in the book that has to do with females and there anatomy. 

I guess it’s more manly to go no huddle and pass every play which I find hilarious  in that logic. 

• Haha 1