Victoria (TX, not BC)

MaybeACoordinator

On 7/15/2024 at 10:20 PM, tx 3 putt said:

im probably heavily biased, but veracruz for dinner in the best place in town. best homemade tortillas ever 

dragon palace is #2

Veracruz is solid. Has been there forever. I like La Hacienda myself. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 7/15/2024 at 11:17 PM, Victor Lazlo said:

And every Christmas we order dozens of Ventura tamales. I recommend the hot version.

Another Victoria Icon. Agree on the hot, though the regular is also good. My aunt ordered a mess of 'em for Thanksgiving last year at their place outside of Cuero. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Another Victoria Icon. Agree on the hot, though the regular is also good. My aunt ordered a mess of 'em for Thanksgiving last year at their place outside of Cuero. 

@Victor Lazlo don Jose has great tamales, have to order very early and little thin 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Veracruz is solid. Has been there forever. I like La Hacienda myself. 

La Hacienda fajitas with the sauces I always liked. Thai Orchid and Yamato I’ve enjoyed everytime I’ve gone, Pumphouse tries to be the nice restaurant in Victoria but it’s average at best. Are there any other “nicer” restaurants in Victoria anymore?  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

La Hacienda fajitas with the sauces I always liked. Thai Orchid and Yamato I’ve enjoyed everytime I’ve gone, Pumphouse tries to be the nice restaurant in Victoria but it’s average at best. Are there any other nicer restaurants in Victoria anymore?  

Yamato is always good. Newt's Thai Kitchen we like. Haven't been to Pumphouse in 10 or so years, it was a decent place then, if I remember correctly. Not sure of any other nicer places, tbh, unless they have something tucked away downtown. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

La Hacienda fajitas with the sauces I always liked. Thai Orchid and Yamato I’ve enjoyed everytime I’ve gone, Pumphouse tries to be the nice restaurant in Victoria but it’s average at best. Are there any other “nicer” restaurants in Victoria anymore?  

pumphouse blows 

and the city built them a free parking lot 

16 hours ago, Lazarus Bocanegra said:

froggy's or whatever the hell its called has one of the best CFS I've ever had this side of the school cafeteria

Some day a restaurant will stick at that location.