Bourbon

Jimbaround

I wasn’t complaining and my sarcasm didn’t translate well. More than happy to get the KC12. It was on the allocated shelf at my local Specs. I asked if they limited the number bottles I could buy and they didn’t. So I bought the last 5 (and I guess the price was slightly under $60 because they’ll case price when you buy what they have left if it’s less than a case) and the cashier offered the W12 from under the register. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Yeah, about the cheapest I see KC12 in these parts is $60, so $65 isn't bad at all.  Plus, it's good.     

If you don't like the KC12, give 'em as gifts when the holidays come around.

put me on your christmas list

17 minutes ago, Bert Orange said:

Too low you say?

IMG_3522.jpeg

where in the hell did you find that?

2 hours ago, Bert Orange said:

Been collecting and drinking these for years. Pretty sure I bought this from the gift shop. 

i was at the gift shop but didnt remember any for sale.  about how much were they selling for?   the bar had hundreds of purple tops.  its one of my favorite bourbons ever.  i feel like ive seen it online in the $400 range, but even as good as it is i'll never spend that much on a bottle of bourbon.  probably the most ive ever paid was $250.

1 minute ago, thrillhammer said:

i was at the gift shop but didnt remember any for sale.  about how much were they selling for?   the bar had hundreds of purple tops.  its one of my favorite bourbons ever.  i feel like ive seen it online in the $400 range, but even as good as it is i'll never spend that much on a bottle of bourbon.  probably the most ive ever paid was $250.

Believe it was $350-400 in 2015

IMG_2432.thumb.jpeg.0fe2b59de7e09f945207a1b31cbcd25c.jpeg
IMG_2433.thumb.jpeg.cb588d74216400034f2dd5b5f47f419e.jpeg

IMG_2434.thumb.jpeg.cda6b00cf804b59be49903bb51102a2c.jpeg

This is good. It could be great. I don’t get the mixed reviews from some very big names. Not Minnick. Fuck that guy.  It’s not overly oaky. I don’t know where the hell that came from. 

Big, fat caramel note with a subtle maple reduction on the backend. I don’t get chocolate at all. I should have bought 2. It’s the best of the wood finishing series. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis