Texas -- a failed state

Brisketexan

Professor Bonevac won’t be on staff in 2025.  No matter how hard he blows Regent Eltife.  I’m sure he’ll go on to other opportunities and publish.  

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, LCHorn said:

Bonevac

When I was at UT in the late 80s-early 90s, Bonevac was a hard-core conservative and very outspoken on campus. Now I can see he has fully evolved into a fascist, patriarch, enabler of MAGA’s Christian theocracy … and now actively seeking to penalize young women at UT exercising their reproductive rights in seeking an abortion.  Fuck that malicious asshole.

Friends, we must realize MAGA-fascists-theocrats are in high levels of power at UT, orchestrated the SEC move, are making inroads across the campus. 

And UT was gone fully Aggy in its love for the SEC SEC SEC Confederate Conference. With campus events being broadcast on the SEC network. Lighting up the Tower with “SEC.”

In effect, UT is doing a campus-wide celebration for joining the 21st century confederacy! Symbolically and politically, this is way bigger than “football."

What a fucking disgrace. Makes me sick to see this. Fuck anyone who engineered or loves this shit. 

https://texassports.com/news/2024/5/29/ut-and-texas-athletics-to-host-all-day-sec-celebration-on-june-30.aspx

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

On 5/26/2024 at 12:10 PM, TexEx15 said:

As Texas inches closer to the potential of flipping blue, we will see more and more extreme protections attempts by the gop. They can’t envision a bigger disaster than every statewide office being a Democrat. I have no doubt that they want one county=one vote as we always see their lame maps showing how much land overwhelmingly votes for the gop.

• Hook 'Em 2

34 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

As Texas inches closer to the potential of flipping blue, we will see more and more extreme protections attempts by the gop. They can’t envision a bigger disaster than every statewide office being a Democrat. I have no doubt that they want one county=one vote as we always see their lame maps showing how much land overwhelmingly votes for the gop.

I think the best (not perfect) analogy to what we see with the GOP here is how long / how hard Jim Crown and all its tentacles were to remove.

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

I think the best (not perfect) analogy to what we see with the GOP here is how long / how hard Jim Crown and all its tentacles were to remove.

they have several road maps to follow 

top 7 populated counties
image.png.5dd53151deb47aa995529ea043ac7464.png

bottom 7 populated counties
image.png.7e2d0d6008671a125cc8582fd7ab5892.png

When you consider be fact that the GQP is the most anti-democratic, anti-voter party to ever exist inside our borders (and note, the American Communist Party is indeed a thing, and is also MUCH more democratic and pro voter than the GQP)…this all checks out.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

When you consider be fact that the GQP is the most anti-democratic, anti-voter party to ever exist inside our borders (and note, the American Communist Party is indeed a thing, and is also MUCH more democratic and pro voter than the GQP)…this all checks out.

I’m pretty sure Loving County (and the other bottom 20-30 counties);gets a little help from the rest of the taxpayers of Texas in keeping their school, road and bridge and what not maintained.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Texas flipping blue? LOL been hearing that for 20 years
  • Hook 'Em 3

43 minutes ago, Smax said:
11 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

But just like when I swore off tequila after vomiting bile for 3 hours, this time I mean it!  

Everybody cross over and vote for more moderate Republicans.  Yeah, yeah...none exist and are all evil incarnate.  But be an adult and understand the range/spectrum.  At least draw back the damage being done, wait for the 2032 post-census, post-redistricting changes along with demography.  And you should be good to go.  Throwing $75mm at Beto or Wendy or Allred isn't gonna do a fucking thing except piss away the handful of competitive districts in our state for now.  Oh wait, maybe the youth vote will turn the tide.  That thing that's never happened, ever in the history of Texas.  I know I'm a repetitive pessimist.  But you can primary some of these fuckers out of office for the next 8 years but gotta pull a D-ballot to vote for that uncontested Harris County judge to get your sticker.  They accidentally left a mechanism in your lap with open primaries and the straight ticket decision.  It's just waiting there to be used because they won't make it available for much longer.  They are going to close that loophole.  I promise you.  The pre-filing has already begun.  But we'll fuck it up like we always do.  

24 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But just like when I swore off tequila after vomiting bile for 3 hours, this time I mean it!  

Everybody cross over and vote for more moderate Republicans.  Yeah, yeah...none exist and are all evil incarnate.  But be an adult and understand the range/spectrum.  At least draw back the damage being done, wait for the 2032 post-census, post-redistricting changes along with demography.  And you should be good to go.  Throwing $75mm at Beto or Wendy or Allred isn't gonna do a fucking thing except piss away the handful of competitive districts in our state for now.  Oh wait, maybe the youth vote will turn the tide.  That thing that's never happened, ever in the history of Texas.  I know I'm a repetitive pessimist.  But you can primary some of these fuckers out of office for the next 8 years but gotta pull a D-ballot to vote for that uncontested Harris County judge to get your sticker.  They accidentally left a mechanism in your lap with open primaries and the straight ticket decision.  It's just waiting there to be used because they won't make it available for much longer.  They are going to close that loophole.  I promise you.  The pre-filing has already begun.  But we'll fuck it up like we always do.  

Moderate Republican running for office? Come on man.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, yoladu said:

top 7 populated counties

image.png.5dd53151deb47aa995529ea043ac7464.png

bottom 7 populated counties

image.png.7e2d0d6008671a125cc8582fd7ab5892.png

So I looked up Loving County.  The county seat is Mentone.  If you go there you will find this:

image.thumb.png.1a8b58111b39898b0171c372c4e33e31.png

And this:

image.thumb.png.3601223eff7751a1ef129c5c2717c2da.png

• Drool 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Everybody cross over and vote for more moderate Republicans.  Yeah, yeah...none exist and are all evil incarnate.  But be an adult and understand the range/spectrum.  

The person who doesn't understand the range/spectrum of the Republican Party is you. 

The range/spectrum goes something like this  [Traitorous Fascist <----> Traitorous Fascist]. 

Everyone else has left the party. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

So I looked up Loving County.  The county seat is Mentone.  If you go there you will find this:

image.thumb.png.1a8b58111b39898b0171c372c4e33e31.png

And this:

image.thumb.png.3601223eff7751a1ef129c5c2717c2da.png

so ignorant racist rednecks with shitty food, why am I not surprised

For any of you who don’t keep close tabs on state political happenings, just a heads up we’re about to go all gas no brakes turbo effed. I mean ya, this state is already very boned, but just watch this 25 session when democrat input is completely voided and the house is remolded in the vision of Patrick/paxton/abbott. There will be zero checks/balances or consequence either. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

37 minutes ago, bluto said:

For any of you who don’t keep close tabs on state political happenings, just a heads up we’re about to go all gas no brakes turbo effed. I mean ya, this state is already very boned, but just watch this 25 session when democrat input is completely voided and the house is remolded in the vision of Patrick/paxton/abbott. There will be zero checks/balances or consequence either. 

they need to do everything possible to disenfranchise voters in the 10 biggest Texas counties 

8 hours ago, Smax said:

The Republican Party of Texas believes it, else they wouldn’t be looking to create a mini-electoral college in Texas where candidates have to win the majority of counties and not the majority of votes.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The Republican Party of Texas believes it, else they wouldn’t be looking to create a mini-electoral college in Texas where candidates have to win the majority of counties and not the majority of votes.

demographics are shifting away from R’s every year. getting them to show up and vote is another issue 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Moderate Republican running for office? Come on man.

If moderate Republicans were actually a thing in this state, they would have as much of a chance winning a primary as I do becoming the queen of England.

• Like 2

He read up on jury instructions?  I guess the senate was acting as a jury in that case.  Did he give instructions?  It wasn’t a real trial, with a real jury selected by a real latin term.

was his instruction “don’t vote guilty unless you want to lose your seat?”

14 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Failed state ?

no, no a full blown maga gqp banana republic …..

So all Patrick has to do is get a copy of the check that Merchan endorsed and that GUILTY will be forthcoming?  

He's got that, right?

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He read up on jury instructions?  I guess the senate was acting as a jury in that case.  Did he give instructions?  It wasn’t a real trial, with a real jury selected by a real latin term.

was his instruction “don’t vote guilty unless you want to lose your seat?”

Dan also believes that the Trump jury deliberation wasn’t long enough. Um, do we really believe that the Texas Senate spent more than 5 minutes deciding on Paxton? I know they took longer for appearances but it wasn’t really a longer deliberation than trumps jury. 

Wait, on a college campus of 52,000...there are some hetrosexual couples over 18 having consensual sex?  

Holy shit, this is groundbreaking information.  

17 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is exactly what Abbott / Patrick / Paxton want ….

And while I would assume that these plaintiffs will say that the man should also be punished, it will only be the wicked woman who is.  Under His eye.

26 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

This is exactly what Abbott / Patrick / Paxton want ….

UT is going to be become Abbott's mouthpiece for right-wing extremism. No one takes aggy seriously, so this is the route they're taking.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 5

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

UT is going to be become Abbott's mouthpiece for right-wing extremism. No one takes aggy seriously, so this is the route they're taking.

Two true Texan citizens doing their job and reporting suspicious activity !

On 5/31/2024 at 12:45 AM, YGIFS said:

Professor Bonevac won’t be on staff in 2025.  No matter how hard he blows Regent Eltife.  I’m sure he’ll go on to other opportunities and publish.  

I had him for a grad class.... dude is really nice. I definitely got a govt bad/ineffective vibe from him, no idea he was this extreme. 

• Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, YChang said:

I had him for a grad class.... dude is really nice. I definitely got a govt bad/ineffective vibe from him, no idea he was this extreme. 

are those two tenured ?

if not, Abbott is about to fast track them to tenure and a pay raise 

35 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

are those two tenured ?

if not, Abbott is about to fast track them to tenure and a pay raise 

Dan is tenured for awhile now it seems

If this simulation has any hint of humor, it will tell Ken Paxton that there is a life-saving eye surgery available just over the border into New Mexico.  But he can't go

• Haha 2