Texas -- a failed state

Brisketexan

14 hours ago, F250 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d208ffb7369fda6d7b4a6e649848adda.jpeg

These white supremacists don't seem to be passing the test.

Conner spelled with a K.  Seems on-brand. Probably a big fan of homecooking from Karen's Kountry Kitchen in small town Texas.

I hope whoever handles their office supplies has stocked up on crayons. He will have to have something to keep him busy. I would hope they are smart enough to keep him away from the guns, but probably not.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/10/2024 at 11:51 AM, texasdago said:

Conner spelled with a K.  Seems on-brand. Probably a big fan of homecooking from Karen's Kountry Kitchen in small town Texas.

Karen's Kountry Kitchen was a real restaurant in Kyle.  It was always amusing to see the name on the I-35 blue restaurant sign when driving past that shithole.

On 6/10/2024 at 9:30 AM, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

and don't try to catch him on his right side - he'll hear you coming!

He's part Ferengi.  But only on his right side.

On 6/6/2024 at 12:30 PM, tx 3 putt said:

Move more brown people to fort bend county 

This dude is your typical GQP nutter. A quick glance at his Twitter… how active he is on it is absolutely nuts. Does he actually have a job? 

Fucking Nehls. He only won in 2020 by a few points, so the GOP drew up new maps. He then won in 2022 by 27 points. The GOP pushed many of the 22nd non-white voters into neighboring Dem districts.

of course this change also allows Lizzie Fletcher (D) to easily win her district now. 

19 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I think these people are jealous of the attention real victims of bias command, so they’ve created their own  insane narrative.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 6/10/2024 at 11:51 AM, texasdago said:

Koffee Kup Kafe in Hico is still around.

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Isn't Christianity supposed to be color blind? Why would christians be concerned about one race specifically.  It's almost like they're not being earnest about their intentions. 

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Troy Nehls has never been and will never be a Texan.

He lives here, he was elected by the people who live here, and he passes legislation for the people who live here. He's more Texan than you or I at this point, and he's lock step with the values this state seems to Champion. You want to amend the statement to say Texas isn't what it used to be sure, and I'll heartily agree with you. But he's a Texan. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I think they dropped the "Kafe" a while back. Hopefully dropped the hate too.

Yes to the former; no to the latter 

Edited by safe sex
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

He lives here, he was elected by the people who live here, and he passes legislation for the people who live here. He's more Texan than you or I at this point, and he's lock step with the values this state seems to Champion. You want to amend the statement to say Texas isn't what it used to be sure, and I'll heartily agree with you. But he's a Texan. 

Yeah, fuck that noise. He wasn’t born here, he doesn’t make a payroll here, he lives in DC full time, and he doesn’t represent a community here so much as he’s the instrument of national partisan interest. 

Such people are called “carpetbaggers,” and just because a plurality of terrified shut-ins in a bedroom community were too blinkered to know any better doesn’t change who I am, which is more Texan in beads and Roman sandles than Troy Nehls in the biggest Stetson on Earth. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova
  • Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yeah, fuck that noise. He wasn’t born here, he doesn’t make a payroll here, he lives in DC full time, and he doesn’t represent a community here so much as he’s the instrument of national partisan interest. 

Such people are called “carpetbaggers,” and just because a plurality of terrified shut-ins in a bedroom community were too blinkered to know any better doesn’t change who I am, which is more Texan in beads and Roman sandles than Troy Nehls in the biggest Stetson on Earth. 

While I understand and agree with much of your sentiment, but the Texan you're so proud of being, with the values, the morality, the kindness, the work ethic...that Texas died. We was a carpetbagger. Now he's just the same as everone else. 

If Texans weren't a dying breed, and they weren't being drown out by people moving here as well as changing their values, our state wouldn't look this way now. Tim Dunn is a Texans, that's for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

While I understand and agree with much of your sentiment, but the Texan you're so proud of being, with the values, the morality, the kindness, the work ethic...that Texas died. We was a carpetbagger. Now he's just the same as everone else. 

If Texans weren't a dying breed, and they weren't being drown out by people moving here as well as changing their values, our state wouldn't look this way now. Tim Dunn is a Texans, that's for sure. 

I understand and agree with the argument. I just refuse to accept the conclusion.

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I understand and agree with the argument. I just refuse to accept the conclusion.

I refuse to accept a lot of things that reality keeps slapping me accross the face with, on a pretty much daily basis at this point in my life. Here's another one for the pile. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You want to amend the statement to say Texas isn't what it used to be sure, and I'll heartily agree with you. But he's a Texan.

Read The Big Rich ( https://www.amazon.com/Big-Rich-Greatest-Texas-Fortunes/dp/0143116827 ) or about how LBJ and Lady Bird were treated in Dallas when he was VP.  Texas has always had this undercurrent.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Wasn’t he a sheriff for about a decade in Fort Bend? Certainly doesn’t exclude him from being a carpet bagger, but there’s more egregious examples I’m sure.   I’ll need to see how he cooks his brisket to be sure.  

3 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Wasn’t he a sheriff for about a decade in Fort Bend? Certainly doesn’t exclude him from being a carpet bagger, but there’s more egregious examples I’m sure.   I’ll need to see how he cooks his brisket to be sure.  

Yes, brother succeeded him too. Nehls wife is still an elementary school principal in Lamar ISD I believe as well.

9 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Troy Nehls has never been and will never be a Texan.

What we know as Texas was very literally founded by carpetbagging white bois that weren't too fond of brown folks. Seems to fit the mold.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yes, brother succeeded him too. Nehls wife is still an elementary school principal in Lamar ISD I believe as well.

Trever Nehls has never won a general election.

He lost to Eric Fagan in his race for sheriff in 2022.

Then he lost a race for County Judge in 2024 against KP George (incumbent)

10 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

We were sold a bill of goods growing up about what it meant to be a Texan and something along the lines of “Texas Exceptionalism.” It was a myth then and it is now. Kinda sucks to look back on my childhood and realize that this is what Texas really was just beneath that veneer. My hometown is an absolute atrocity now of this brand of ridiculous nonsense and abject stupidity. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Media ramping up on Nehl’s stolen valor with wearing a CIB.

Also some issues over one or two Bronze Stars.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/troy-nehls-bronze-star-combat-infantryman-badge/

With respect to the one he is actually credited for:  

"Captain Nehls trained and mentored nine Iraqi staff members and four coalition soldiers assigned to the Kirkuk Business Center, which became known as the best business center in all of Iraq." 

Geezus, really?  In the rear, with the gear.

• Haha 2

Anybody wanna post the meme/gif/clip (I don’t know how) from I’m gonna get you sucka.  Where the two vets are comparing medals and of ‘em has one for “typing.”?  Literally what Nehls got one for at the business center?  And this isn’t a simulation?  

14 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Anybody wanna post the meme/gif/clip (I don’t know how) from I’m gonna get you sucka.  Where the two vets are comparing medals and of ‘em has one for “typing.”?  Literally what Nehls got one for at the business center?  And this isn’t a simulation?  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The GOP is electing a guy that is arguably committing stolen valor? Times they are a changing.

And the CIB is a huge fucking deal for soldiers in the infantry,  I can’t believe he’d double down on it.  Non-infantry have their own combat badge as well, so if he saw combat, he’s entitled to wear that badge instead, but he’s a dumbfuck MAGA so he’s decided to double down.

• Rage+1 3

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

And the CIB is a huge fucking deal for soldiers in the infantry,  I can’t believe he’d double down on it.  Non-infantry have their own combat badge as well, so if he saw combat, he’s entitled to wear that badge instead, but he’s a dumbfuck MAGA so he’s decided to double down.

Yeah, I've known a lotta friends and family that earned that CIB, the hard way.  Even watched some of them go into the ground wearing it.  He could have just been honest about his service, I'd tip my hat and thank him.  But as you say, he had to double down on it like they always do.  So as far as I'm concerned, even though he's a veteran, his entire service record is up for ridicule. 

I mean, anybody over there should get the appropriate service/operational medals, but CIB is a different thing altogether and the worst part is---he knows that, he knows guys that got it--some of whom didn't come home to wear it.  You want to put one on to get laid in a bar, that's one thing.  You don't wear one to run for Congress.  

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

A Bronze Star for setting up a fucking business center?  That's weak AF. 

These brave FedEx fighters, doing battle in hotels and convention centers all over this country, and this is the thanks they get.  God forbid you have to ship an unusual shaped package from the business center at Walter Washington Convention Center in DC. 

shame on you. 

9 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Also some issues over one or two Bronze Stars.  https://www.cbsnews.com/news/troy-nehls-bronze-star-combat-infantryman-badge/

With respect to the one he is actually credited for:  

"Captain Nehls trained and mentored nine Iraqi staff members and four coalition soldiers assigned to the Kirkuk Business Center, which became known as the best business center in all of Iraq." 

Geezus, really?  In the rear, with the gear.

Honest to God I cannot believe that that can get you the Bronze Star. My father received that decoration during Vietnam. He never said why. This clown gets it for setting up a Kinkos. Just unreal.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

A Bronze Star for setting up a fucking business center?  That's weak AF. 

Son, we live in a world that has offices, and those offices have to be built by men with power strips and desks. Who's gonna do it? You? My office cube, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves productivity hours. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at your "at-home work space", you want me in that office -- you need me in that office. We use words like "break room," "copiers," "meeting spaces." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent in a LED-lit building with co-workers. You use them as a punch line. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5