Texas -- a failed state

Brisketexan

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Anti-hispanic racism (and violence) is in the core DNA of the DPS.  And that agency....is flat-out one of the most dysfunctional, twisted piles of shit I've ever seen.

All those "cockroaches" are propping up the Texas economy. 

If Abbott and DPS really wanted to slow down people coming over the border illegally, they could go after companies who knowingly employ them.

I'm sure the Oil & Gas, Construction, Service, and Agriculture industries in Texas would love to have DPS crawling up their asses over their employees.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

24 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Eat a bag of dicks, Ken. Of course the cunt will appeal and I'm sure GOP shitbags will overturn it. 

Amazing, Tobolowsky (yes Stephen's cousin) is usually slow as shit.  I guess the profile of this got her off her ass, or maybe she's picked it up some in recent years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

lolololololol …..

Consequences of the "well they're not very good people but they share the same policy beliefs as me so they get my support" mentality. Texas Republicans could have put anyone front and center as the face of the school voucher movement and they chose a guy who once got paid to see who could whack off the quickest on tape. Yikes.

On 8/28/2024 at 7:21 AM, Hank Kingsley said:

GWAs-QDWsAAfp8z?format=jpg&name=small

His specialty was crypto, and he made a good thing out of not mining any. The government paid him well for every coin of crypto he did not mine. The more crypto he did not mine, the more money the government gave him, and he spent every penny he didn't earn on new servers to increase the amount of crypto he did not produce. Major Major's father worked without rest at not mining crypto. On long winter evenings he remained indoors and did not mend cable ties, and he sprang out of bed at the crack of noon every day just to make certain that the admin would not be done. He invested in datacenters wisely and soon was not mining more crypto than any other man in the county. Neighbours sought him out for advice on all subjects, for he had made much money and was therefore wise. “As ye sow, so shall ye reap,” he counselled one and all, and everyone said “KK.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Paxton’s and Abbott’s separate vendettas against house republicans may backfire bigly. I have heard from a source I trust that there is a broad and growing consensus amongst those who were in safe seats and those who survived primary challenges to exact revenge, and they have significant monetary backing from some big name traditional (non loony billionaire) big business republicans 

I am cautiously optimistic 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 3

Phelan is confident enough in keeping the speakership to comment publicly, meaning he has all the dems plus enough republicans to get a majority of votes. Which means they can do some damage if they want and stay together 

And business interests are really sick of this christofascist nonsense and these nutcases putting their money at real risk.

like I said cautious optimism 

• Hook 'Em 2

44 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Paxton’s and Abbott’s separate vendettas against house republicans may backfire bigly. I have heard from a source I trust that there is a broad and growing consensus amongst those who were in safe seats and those who survived primary challenges to exact revenge, and they have significant monetary backing from some big name traditional (non loony billionaire) big business republicans 

I am cautiously optimistic  HIGH AS FUCK.

FIF accuracy.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

I would like to enter evidence that Texas is a failed state based on Ted Cruz's political ads I have been seeing today during the football games.  Nothing about immigration, the economy, making people's lives better.  All it talks about is Allred voted for boys to compete against girls in sports and Allred voted to allow boys in girls bathrooms.  There are way too many Texans that listen to this kind of ad and that is the clearest sign to me that Texas is a failed state from the government to the people living here.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

There are way too many Texans that listen to this kind of ad and that is the clearest sign to me that Texas is a failed state from the government to the people living here.

I don’t think that’s anything exceptional about Texas (or the US, for that matter-that kind of shit is getting play in campaigns across the western world).  

Frankly, I’d rather Cruz be running those ads than one promising a tax cut under a Trump presidency more appealing to the “hold your nose and vote R” voter.  

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

IMG_1908.jpeg

This is almost 40 year old Liberty County gossip, but top center’s Dad was rumored to have left his family for a gay relationship (back then the whispers would have added “in Houston no less!”, as it was commonly presumed Houston was a place of permissive immorality).  

1 hour ago, LCHorn said:

(back then the whispers would have added “in Houston no less!”, as it was commonly presumed Houston was a place of permissive immorality).  

i can only testify for my house, lot of highly permissive immortality going on here. jesus saves !!!

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

I would like to enter evidence that Texas is a failed state based on Ted Cruz's political ads I have been seeing today during the football games.  Nothing about immigration, the economy, making people's lives better.  All it talks about is Allred voted for boys to compete against girls in sports and Allred voted to allow boys in girls bathrooms.  There are way too many Texans that listen to this kind of ad and that is the clearest sign to me that Texas is a failed state from the government to the people living here.

Tribune posted last week that the GOP had committed millions in ads against Dems in Texas focusing exclusively on LGBTQ+ stuff

Gay panic. Caravans of drag queens 

3 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

I am cautiously optimistic 

I’m somewhat optimistic as well and I’ve heard similar stuff from various people, including a neighbor who is a staffer for a legislator - there’s some serious anger at Abbott over the school funding and voucher nonsense, among other things, especially from the rurals, and a lot of these guys do not like Paxton and Abbott trying to fuck them or their friends over like they’ve been doing.  And throw Patrick in the mix as well - lot of anger at him as well for a lot of reasons.

There are plenty of non-crazy big-business Republicans who don’t like the shitshow this state is becoming and Abbott, Paxton, and Patrick have all forgotten that even if these guys are only in session every two years and for only part of the year, they don’t take kindly to being threatened, and they damned sure do not like to be threatened with being primaried because they didn’t suck up to Hot Wheels or do exactly what Paxton said.

Especially when a lot of this shit is being done to appease only a handful of people (one of whom is in fucking Pennsylvania) or because they are trying to be noticed by Trump.

January is going to be interesting.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just so everyone knows what’s going on. Corey DeAngelis pictured above is in a film where the plot is to to race, against other men in the room, to ejaculate from jerking himself off. This movie did not do well at the box office, and he didn’t make too many more.

Corey was recently a lobbyist who goes state to state, using all kinds of methods to weaken public schools by creating favorable taxation, funding and rules for charter schools. One of those methods is using gay and trans panic.

Now I don’t think he would have one of these races in a public school with underage children, but Corey should not be trusted in a restroom with your child. Not because he’s gay, but because he is a Republican. They have proven time and time again that if they aren’t grooming your underage daughter, they are trying to finger pop your boy’s asshole.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Js1 said:

Tribune posted last week that the GOP had committed millions in ads against Dems in Texas focusing exclusively on LGBTQ+ stuff

Gay panic. Caravans of drag queens 

More than a fair number of GOP voters are mad that some gay/trans agenda is overwhelming them. Of course they can never point to a personal examples other than the 1-in-a-million school athlete from a Fox News story or bathrooms. They've been told it's a problem so therefore it becomes a priority for them.

The hearings will) expose how these programs and their curriculum are damaging and not aligned with state workforce demands
If Patrick already knows the outcome, why does he need to form a subcommittee?

Because we don’t have government, we have theater. Which actually makes sense, when you realize that 90% of the GQP lege is self-loathing closeted gay men.
  • Hook 'Em 1