Texas -- a failed state

Brisketexan

5 minutes ago, elfenix said:

?

Ignore me, it was early. I was conflating Magnolia and Montgommery.

FWIW, I know exactly where that is, it's about 5 min from my SIL. You can call it the back of the Woodlands, but that intersection is basically the boundary from where things go from "regular" Woodlands red to dark red/kkk/hunter s thompson weird. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I’ve long told Harris County to not display my name on voter registration websites. Downside is that I can’t check my status on self serve websites. Guess I will find out in November if I’m registered or maybe I will just register again.

51 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I check mine regularly, but what I figure will happen is that a big purge will occur at 4:50 pm on the last day to register for the 2024 election.  That way those purged will not have the opportunity to re-register.

oct 7

On 8/21/2024 at 5:41 AM, South Austin said:

Don’t lie, Brian. You got semi-hard when you read “Fag Discourse,” didn’t you?

Bitching (and fabulous) band name 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Through knowing someone involved in the Paxton whistle blowers case, I know some not public details about Paxton. He's an absolute piece of shit. Everyone in the lege knows what a piece of shit he is. That a majority of Republican state reps voted in his favor tells you what a fucking cesspool the state Republican leadership has become. 

Fuck this state.

• Hook 'Em 6

4 hours ago, Hank Kingsley said:

GWAs-QDWsAAfp8z?format=jpg&name=small

Are all accounts eligible to be paid to not draw power?  Or at least all that draw a certain amount of power per unit time?

also, a 400% nuisance fee seems a touch high. If anything, it should only cover lost “revenue”

Edited by Pato del Muerto

5 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

Hopefully this riles up the abuelitas and tias to vote blue in Texas. 

Wouldn't the Texas SOS, who has been a Republican for like, 20 years, be responsible for ensuring non-citizens' registrations wouldn't go through?

Just because you send in a registration form doesn't automatically make you registered.  Someone has to process it in the SOS' office and I assume, ensure the registration data on the form meets the requirements (age, citizenship, residency, etc.) 

3 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Through knowing someone involved in the Paxton whistle blowers case, I know some not public details about Paxton. He's an absolute piece of shit. Everyone in the lege knows what a piece of shit he is. That a majority of Republican state reps voted in his favor tells you what a fucking cesspool the state Republican leadership has become. 

Fuck this state.

would be a shame if you created a sock account and shared those "not-so-public" details with us

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Wouldn't the Texas SOS, who has been a Republican for like, 20 years, be responsible for ensuring non-citizens' registrations wouldn't go through?

Just because you send in a registration form doesn't automatically make you registered.  Someone has to process it in the SOS' office and I assume, ensure the registration data on the form meets the requirements (age, citizenship, residency, etc.) 

The fact that a “purge” had to take place is basically SOS office admitting “hey look at us we’ve been doing a shitty job at managing this for quite some time…”

Shocked The Office GIF by NETFLIX

On 8/28/2024 at 11:17 AM, crash_davis said:

Fuck this state.

Did they vote for him because they support him, or because they knew that he and Abbott would carry through on threats to come after them, and that Patrick was taking millions from a pro-Abbott PAC?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/28/2024 at 11:17 AM, crash_davis said:

Fuck this state.

My cousin works for this POS. Lawyer that went to tech undergrad, said him working for his office is a stepping stone. Told him to eat shit but mom said leave it alone

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

My cousin works for this POS. Lawyer that went to tech undergrad, said him working for his office is a stepping stone. Told him to eat shit but mom said leave it alone

Stepping stone to prison or disgrace and/or the witness stand.
  • Hook 'Em 2

8 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Oh, keep reading on this issue.  Apparently, several of the selected projects are adjacent or very close to.....Bitcoin mining operations.

The system in Texas is designed to accomplish one thing, and one thing only (hint: that thing is NOT "generate and deliver power to the people"): extract dollars from the pockets of the people, and put said dollars in the accounts of enterprises that contribute millions to Texas politicians.  That's it.  That's the whole thing.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 5

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, keep reading on this issue.  Apparently, several of the selected projects are adjacent or very close to.....Bitcoin mining operations.

The system in Texas is designed to accomplish one thing, and one thing only (hint: that thing is NOT "generate and deliver power to the people"): extract dollars from the pockets of the people, and put said dollars in the accounts of enterprises that contribute millions to Texas politicians.  That's it.  That's the whole thing.

And China.  The Bitcoin bullshit is sending lots of money to China.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, atomheartbevo said:

And China.  The Bitcoin bullshit is sending lots of money to China.

The pols don't care where the profits end up.  All they care about is that a large chunk of them end up in their own pockets/campaign accounts.

Understand that for all of their "America first!" and "China bad!" rhetoric, they would sell the entire country to Xi personally if he cut them a big enough check.  THE. GQP.  DOESN'T. CARE. ABOUT. YOU. THEY ONLY. CARE. ABOUT. THEMSELVES.  Why thick-headed Texans can't see that plain and obvious truth will never not baffle the shit out of me.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1