Internet rabbit hole. Mexico's cartel war.

crash_davis

2 hours ago, MinerProphet said:

My question is...if the FBI has direct contact and frequently talks to Chapitos, Mayo, all the top of the pyramid type guys, then they clearly know how to contact them, what their likely whereabouts are, who they interact with, etc. and why can't they just treat them like they do the Hamas or terrorists? With Mexico's approval or their "wink wink" disapproval-but-approval, You know, drone bomb their facilities, sneak a bomb in Mayo's ranch and then months later detonate it, etc.? 

cellulose-encased laser-guided bomb.

3 hours ago, mycox said:

The reason El Salvador's plan is working is because their president is rich and can't be bought off. No way that happens in Mexico.

And controls congress, and scares the commercial sector, and the military is "bought" in, and the FMLN sucked as a party (which is why he left it and took their apparatus with him) and the opposition prefers to kick it in Miami.

Yep, won't work in Mexico.

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, mycox said:

Well a little bit of all that. My point is, you aren't going to do shit with a corrupt government that is bought out by the cartels. 

It is a lot of that. And there are allegations he is corrupt as well.

Oh, and right now is negotiating with Russia to allow BitCoin transactions, thus circumventing sanctions.

On 8/2/2024 at 4:08 PM, MinerProphet said:

My question is...if the FBI has direct contact and frequently talks to Chapitos, Mayo, all the top of the pyramid type guys, then they clearly know how to contact them, what their likely whereabouts are, who they interact with, etc. and why can't they just treat them like they do the Hamas or terrorists? With Mexico's approval or their "wink wink" disapproval-but-approval, You know, drone bomb their facilities, sneak a bomb in Mayo's ranch and then months later detonate it, etc.? 

I think I've brought this up before up-thread, but if you don't follow and listen to the talks from former Mexican Federale Ed Calderon, I suggest you give him a try.  He worked in in counter-narcotics and organized-crime units.  Edsmanifesto on the socials.  He has a grin perspective on what the US us up against.  Mexico is a narco-state.  Full stop.  Further, they have infiltrated every facet of the government at all levels in Mexico.  Much like doing business in China, you have to know you are also doing business with the CCP.  Same with the cartels. They make as much, if not more in "legitimate" business as they do illegal.  Then you have trafficking, which they are among the world leaders in.

The extent of what the US is up against

Further, to the point of pinpoint attacks - they have also infiltrated almost every major city in the US.  Direct attacks would have catastrophic results here.  They want to kill a million Americans overnight?  They could taint products intentionally and see hundreds of thousands if not millions of Americans OD within days or weeks.  That's before terror attacks are even introduced.  Then you have next level leaders.  Take out one head of the snake, etc.  They could shut down our economy overnight if they wanted to.  Tens of thousands of OD'ing people, coupled with indiscriminate terror attacks across the country.  Full stop, the economy grinds to a halt.  And I'm not talking about drug users dying.  I'm talking about millions hooked on pharmaceutical pain pills that come from Mexico.  

“We are seeing trench warfare; nothing is being done about it. Fentanyl is everywhere. It is something being pumped into the world, and it is going right through the ports of entry in Mexico right now,” Ed cautions. “The big move is using it in pain medication pills on an industrial level. It is going through conventional, regulated pharmaceutical companies, and there is no real effort by the Government to stop it.”

When I ask about the safe scenario across Mexico now, or more specifically along the shadowy California border region, Ed doesn’t hesitate to respond in melancholy for a moment. From his lens, the horrific levels of violence today directly result from an ill-conceived war-against-drugs policy first ignited by President Nixon in 1971.

“That was based around decapitating the leadership at high levels, which fragmented a lot of the cartels, and then they started creating independent opportunities for new people who didn’t know how to manage their territories,” Ed explains. “It turned into smaller groups of young people wanting to exert violence instead of diplomacy.”

According to the latest research from Mexico’s Center for Economic Research and Teaching (CIDE), at least 150 organized crime gangs are operating across the country. Sadly, many Mexicans have come to understand that organized crime is the most powerful player in the Mexican calamity, its bottom line soaked in bloodshed. 

One would logically think it is bad for business for cartel operatives to kill off their clientele carelessly daily. However, as Ed bluntly puts it, they “don’t give a shit about the clients. Their only job is to give the product to a distributor up north.”  Further, data presented to ALMO in July highlighted that 2022 is on track to be one of the most violent in decades, with 15,4000 murders in the first six months alone.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2024 at 12:45 PM, Parliament said:

Note to self: If I ever become a murdering drug kingpin, I’m not traveling to a country with an extradition treaty.

https://apnews.com/article/peru-gianfranco-23-killings-immigration-murder-9ba446c26cde81e48396a30a7a687bba

IMG_4011.png

Arrested on May 16th at the border.  Then freed and allowed to travel to Endicott NY.  WTF?

On 8/1/2024 at 2:27 PM, InkaUtexas said:

I did not discount his plan. And the voices against it come mainly from the outside. No matter what El Salvador does, with their history someone is going to bitch.

But to continue the discussion and be devils advocate. Does that 13 year old now spend his life in jail? There is no "rehabilitation" programs large enough for the amount arrested.

I have very good Salvadoran friends there. A few years ago their solution was like the early 1980's. And these are not the Elite. These are small business/land owners who were tired of the extortion and murders.

And not sure how it would be CR.

And, of course, once you give the dictator that kind of unilateral power, where else does he take it.  Look where Bukele is taking it.

This is the fatal flaw with this type of thinking.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, PW119 said:

Arrested on May 16th at the border.  Then freed and allowed to travel to Endicott NY.  WTF?

I’m guessing he was only processed like a regular illegal crossing. Don’t think they detain everybody these days. I think they briefly hold them, set a court date where they can make their case for asylum or whatever, then release them. Probably didn’t have it in their system that an arrest warrant was issued from a country we expedite to. But the name eventually got flagged, and he was subsequently arrested for real.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, SquishMitten said:

I’m guessing he was only processed like a regular illegal crossing. Don’t think they detain everybody these days. I think they briefly hold them, set a court date where they can make their case for asylum or whatever, then release them. Probably didn’t have it in their system that an arrest warrant was issued from a country we expedite to. But the name eventually got flagged, and he was subsequently arrested for real.

5 hours ago, PW119 said:

Am I reading correctly that they found him by geolocating his gf’s SM posting?