Steve McMichael (Mongo) Suffering with ALS - now HOF Bound

Hiphopopotamos

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

No shit ?

did he ever perform ?

He was still playing in the league at the time so I don't recall seeing him there but pictures were everywhere.  He was married to Debra at the time who later married Stone Cold

13 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Mongo definitely had certain characteristics he liked in a wife lol

s-l1600.jpg

She use to hangout downtown back in the day in the early 2000’s.  Had a mutual friend so I’d see here every now and then out.  

22 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

170,000 players...? Uhmm that's so far off it's ridiculous.  

Yeah if you assumed 110 players a year * 131 years of football and assume that nobody ever played more than 1 year you would have 14,410 players.  Mix in transfers, attrition, leaving early, etc I'd imagine that number to be closer to 5,000.

43 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

Yeah if you assumed 110 players a year * 131 years of football and assume that nobody ever played more than 1 year you would have 14,410 players.  Mix in transfers, attrition, leaving early, etc I'd imagine that number to be closer to 5,000.

Arm chair quarterbacks !!!!

Awesome tribute. So pumped that he is finally getting the recognition he earned. Hate that he’s in such poor physical health, but happy that he’s lived to see it. Steve McMichael is one tough sonofabitch, on and off the field. Hook ‘em, Mongo!

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, those clips of him on the field are a big time flashback.  Between his eyes and Singletary's I don't know how opposing QBs didn't just shit themselves before the snap.  What a defense.

with Hampton, Dent and Perry around him on the line 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Man, those clips of him on the field are a big time flashback.  Between his eyes and Singletary's I don't know how opposing QBs didn't just shit themselves before the snap.  What a defense.

According to a few documentaries on them opposing QB’s would be almost crying most games when they started talking shit to them and taunting them.  Even though most of their hits were legal, McMahon’s bodyslam injury and other cheap hits were retaliation for the Bear’s defense’s abuse of quarterbacks.

19 minutes ago, BillyGoatHill said:

What a character....Congrats Mongo!  

edit Pisses off the worst ump in MLB 🤣. Jim Belushi would be perfect as him in a movie.

Hook 'Em Bam Bam 🤘

lol at Hernandez doing the tough guy glare routine at Steve fucking McMichael. 

That fucking guy. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1