Fuck you Chip Brown!!!!

Machinator

This is peak Kirk Bohls:

In an attempt to appear unbiased, he crafted his commentary as if it had to be filtered through the views of Texas’ most strident rivals. It was akin to letting Bill Byrne be his editor. 

• Rage+1 1

32 minutes ago, statsman said:

This is peak Kirk Bohls:

In an attempt to appear unbiased, he crafted his commentary as if it had to be filtered through the views of Texas’ most strident rivals. It was akin to letting Bill Byrne be his editor. 

I'm not going to go dig it up, but my favorite (and I've told it a bunch) was when it leaked that Texas and OU were bailing for the SEC. Bohls doubted it would happen (at a point where it was very obviously happening) for two reasons. 1) He didn't think either Texas or OU would have any interest in leaving the Big 12. And 2) He didn't think the SEC would have any interest in adding Texas or OU. Three years later and it's still shocking.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

It’s funny how a lot of you guys let a columnist at a shitty newspaper that nobody reads live rent free in your heads.

You've posted that on multiple threads now. It's even funnier that you, for some reason, care about people talking about the guy who has been the lead columnist for the hometown newspaper for the last 200 years. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You've posted that on multiple threads now. It's even funnier that you, for some reason, care about people talking about the guy who has been the lead columnist for the hometown newspaper for the last 200 years. 

Lulz, I had to go look. Right you are. I should probably go review my previous night’s posts when I post late at night while drinking. Still cracks me up how people get so bent out of shape about a hack columnist for a shitty newspaper.

13 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Tell me again how you're sorry for voting for Reggie Bush, you hack.

Oh, and finally, I’m sorry, Vince.

He does in his farewell column.   🙄   Sounds like he will continue writing for an unnamed independent publication,  perhaps a $9.95er ?

I will remain in Austin and continue covering the Texas Longhorns from touchdown to Tower in a different capacity

https://www.techsprint2021.it/sp-news/2024/06/22/american-statesman-columnist-kirk-bohls-says-goodbye-after-51-years/

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

I'm not going to go dig it up, but my favorite (and I've told it a bunch) was when it leaked that Texas and OU were bailing for the SEC. Bohls doubted it would happen (at a point where it was very obviously happening) for two reasons. 1) He didn't think either Texas or OU would have any interest in leaving the Big 12. And 2) He didn't think the SEC would have any interest in adding Texas or OU. Three years later and it's still shocking.

Wow. I missed that one.

PLEASE go dig it up.

I did college baseball media for a couple of years and covered most of the UT home games.  The AAS had a beat writer at the time who was also always there (forgot his name, Alan something?).  Bohls would show up for about 2 games a year, and this Alan dude would get to the press box an hour early and sit with Bohls and go over the entire UT roster and schedule, explaining to Bohls what had happened so far that season.  And the next day, there would be a Bohls column that tried to make it sound like he had his finger on the pulse of UT baseball yet was still riddled with errors and idiotic conclusions.  

I once asked Alan why he did that and he told me that all AAS beat writers in all sports were required to pitch in and get Bohls up to speed.  

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I did college baseball media for a couple of years and covered most of the UT home games.  The AAS had a beat writer at the time who was also always there (forgot his name, Alan something?).  Bohls would show up for about 2 games a year, and this Alan dude would get to the press box an hour early and sit with Bohls and go over the entire UT roster and schedule, explaining to Bohls what had happened so far that season.  And the next day, there would be a Bohls column that tried to make it sound like he had his finger on the pulse of UT baseball yet was still riddled with errors and idiotic conclusions.  

I once asked Alan why he did that and he told me that all AAS beat writers in all sports were required to pitch in and get Bohls up to speed.  

Trubow 

1 hour ago, torre said:

He does in his farewell column.   🙄   Sounds like he will continue writing for an unnamed independent publication,  perhaps a $9.95er ?

https://www.techsprint2021.it/sp-news/2024/06/22/american-statesman-columnist-kirk-bohls-says-goodbye-after-51-years/

Not a $9.95er. He’s going to be covering UT sports for the largest newspaper in the state.

This news is not cause for celebration. 

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

Trubow 

Not a $9.95er. He’s going to be covering UT sports for the largest newspaper in the state.

This news is not cause for celebration. 

Is that the DMN or the Houston Chronicle? 

Oh, for the good old days of print journalism, when the DMN, the DTH, the HC and the Houston Post were all terrific newspapers, and even the AAS was worth a read. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

8 minutes ago, statsman said:

Is that the DMN or the Houston Chronicle? 

Oh, for the good old days of print journalism, when the DMN, the DTH, the HC and the Houston Post were all terrific newspapers, and even the AAS was worth a read. 

Houston

4 hours ago, statsman said:

This is peak Kirk Bohls:

Bowels and Golden both sucked up to CT

2 hours ago, Red Five said:

Best I could do. The other half of that must have been in another tweet, or tweets.

That is such a phenomenally ignorant take by Bohls. 

“It’s already the best conference.”

What drives conference realignment? Quality or revenue? Revenue, obviously. Yes, the SEC is the best conference, but the B1G makes the most revenue, about 25% more than the SEC. As new SEC members, we don’t like to talk about that (we’d rather talk about quality), but that’s a real thing (my guess is the B1G fanbase is more attractive to advertisers than the SEC fanbase, for size and demographics). 

The SEC was approached by Texas and OU. The last thing they want is for Texas to join the B1G, widening the revenue gap even more. 

Really, thinking the SEC shouldn’t or wouldn’t want Texas (and OU) is the kind of thinking I would expect from College Station. 

2 hours ago, statsman said:

That is such a phenomenally ignorant take by Bohls. 

“It’s already the best conference.”

Really, thinking the SEC shouldn’t or wouldn’t want Texas (and OU) is the kind of thinking I would expect from College Station. 

Or a dumb fuck who belongs there.

23 hours ago, torre said:

And it has been that way since late 1956, when I stood in line on Main Street leading to the opposite block in Taylor to pay 10 cents to see “The Ten Commandments” at the darkened Howard Theater.

Mrs. Brat was at that same 1956 premiere showing of The Ten Commandments at the Howard Theater in Taylor. 
Being six years older, she should’ve kicked his ass. 😃

so we were faked out.... Kirk the cunt is still going to report on the Longhorns....

fuck it, why not just declare him persona non grata here in Austin and at UT sports?   He doesnt work for the hometown paper anymore.  its not like pissing off the Houston Chronicle is going to have any reprocussions to UT anyway since that paper has sucked sheep dick for 40 years.

• Like 2

Screenshot_20240625-171338_kindlephoto-5115821.png.885fd1bc12556e404f7c75b7a98b02b6.png

AUSTIN, Texas — One day after leading Texas A&M to a runner-up finish in the College World Series, Jim Schlossnagle is leaving College Station to become the new baseball coach at Texas, sources told Horns247.com.

The sources said Schlossnagle plans to bring his coaching staff with him to Austin.

One day after Texas A&M suffered a crushing 6-5 loss to Tennessee for the College World Series title, Schlossnagle met with his players to tell them he had a decision to make about whether to rejoin his friend and former athletic director Chris Del Conte at Texas or remain in College Station, two sources close to the situation told Horns247.

Schlossnagle, who has a $1.35 million buyout that doubles to $2.7 million if he takes another job in the state of Texas, made the decision late Tuesday afternoon, sources told Horns247.

The news adds a new chapter to a 100-year rivalry between Texas and Texas A&M before the Longhorns even officially join the Aggies in the Southeastern Conference on July 1.

After spending 18 seasons at TCU - eight of them with Del Conte as his boss in Fort Worth, Schlossnagle, 53, took over the A&M job in 2022, going 135-62 (.685) in three seasons, including a 53-15 record while finishing national runner-up on Monday night.

Sources said Schlossnagle's comfort level and history with Del Conte proved to be a decisive factor in the decision.

Early Monday, Texas announced Del Conte and David Pierce, the Longhorns' baseball coach since 2017, had made a mutual decision to part ways.

Speculation about Pierce's replacement led to Schlossnagle being asked in his post-game press conference in Omaha Monday night about his future at Texas A&M:

"I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question, to be honest with you," Schlossnagle said. "I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M. I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again, and that hasn't changed in my mind.

"That's unfair to talk about something like that. That would be like you asking [Braden] Montgomery if he's going to sign in the [MLB] draft. I understand you've got to ask the question, but I gave up a big part of my life to come take this job, and I poured every ounce of my soul in this job, and I've given this job every ounce I could possibly give it. Write that."

Front-running everyone...

5t34mj.gif

23 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

6rku7z.gif

McClain is such a lying fuckin' piece of shit.  Reporters slanting stories to fit their narrative with lies is ridiculous.

McClain reports right up front that CDC leaked it.  Just total bullshit... 

John McClain: Jim Schlossnagle Is a Liar Just Like How Nick Saban Was a Liar

Edited by LTtxfan