Your cat is awesome. Damn straight

GhostOfTomJoad

• 1 year later...

We have 2 cats and a dog.  Sometimes had a cat growing up-one super cool Siamese who lived to 20 years old that was a badass and a stone cold kills- but always had dogs for the most part.  Other than a Scottish fold we had when we first got married, these two, Jack and Skylar, are the two most chill, friendly, great cats.  Jack(the orange one) sleeps snuggled up with me pretty much every night.  

Curious about people’s thoughts on bathing cats.  Our cats absolutely HATE getting bathed, hence we’ve probably only done it a half dozen times in their 10 year lives.  I think the general consensus is that it’s not really necessary unless it’s for medical reasons or if they get something bad on them…Theey clean themselves, and each other, all the time.  How necessary is it to give cats a bath?

IMG_9613.thumb.jpeg.d18f3fa5a798a83a881299a25525b75d.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

I've considered getting Luna a kitten. I don't think she'd accept a full grown cat in her territory.

Yeah, our cat hasn't been great with the kitten. My wife thought the cat needed a companion, but the kitten kind of terrorizes her so I'm not so sure that companionship thing is working out so great. The cat now wants to be outside away from the kitten most of the time.

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Yeah, our cat hasn't been great with the kitten. My wife thought the cat needed a companion, but the kitten kind of terrorizes her so I'm not so sure that companionship thing is working out so great. The cat now wants to be outside away from the kitten most of the time.

Luna is an 80 pound German shepherd. Just typing that makes me think it's a bad idea.

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Cats don't really need companions, they're solo.  But, I suspect that once the kitten grows out of being a little terrorist, they'll be friends.

We had a similar dynamic with the youngest and oldest and they're pretty good buds now.  Although the younger one still occasionally terrorizes the old guy.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Your cat is not awesome.  They are little murdering fucks (I can get behind that) that will immediately start to eat you if you die in the house.  Every year those little land-sharks kill between a few billions birds and tens of billions of mammals/reptiles.  In Australia they are such a problem they hunt them like Texans hunt feral hogs.  

1 minute ago, BabaYaga said:

Your cat is not awesome.  They are little murdering fucks (I can get behind that) that will immediately start to eat you if you die in the house.  Every year those little land-sharks kill between a few billions birds and tens of billions of mammals/reptiles.  In Australia they are such a problem they hunt them like Texans hunt feral hogs.  

That's like, your opinion, man.  Cats rule.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Cats don't really need companions, they're solo.  But, I suspect that once the kitten grows out of being a little terrorist, they'll be friends.

We had a similar dynamic with the youngest and oldest and they're pretty good buds now.  Although the younger one still occasionally terrorizes the old guy.

The problem that I have is that the kitten is awesome and the cat - not so much.

34 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Cool story.  Here is your tough guy medal.

Number 1 Win GIF by Holler Studios

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So Jack got out one day for about an hour and ever since Hobbes tries to murder him (literally) if they are in the same room. 
We’ve had to keep one of them locked in the bedroom and we switch them once a week. We’ve tried scent sprays, we’ve tried feeding them on opposite sides of the door so they can smell each other, etc. Nothing seems to work. They never had any issues other than some regular cat fights but nothing like this. Hobbes turns into a full blown rage monster and you have to wrap him in a towel to keep him from attacking you when he gets into Jack attack mode.
Any ideas?

Edited by hobbes2702

21 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So Jack got out one day for about an hour and ever since Hobbes tries to murder him (literally) if they are in the same room. 
We’ve had to keep one of them locked in the bedroom and we switch them once a week. We’ve tried scent sprays, we’ve tried feeding them on opposite sides of the door so they can smell each other, etc. Nothing seems to work. They never had any issues other than some regular cat fights but nothing like this. Hobbes turns into a full blown rage monster and you have to wrap him in a towel to keep him from attacking you when he gets into Jack attack mode.
Any ideas?

let-them-fight.gif

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

tumblr_mepa2pJ18f1rhi9w0o1_500.gif

We have a functionally identical video of our late cat.  We were advised to get a leash, so when he would go outside, he'd be under control.  We put the leash on, and then dragged him around the house....the laughter on that video is a thing of beauty.  The leash got donated to the shelter later that week.

I don't hate all cats.  Actually had a roommate with a pretty cool indoor/outdoor cat that always brought dead shit to the house.

So I had some side-piece over one night and she wouldn't leave.  We're upstairs, Madden NCAA is staring at me from across the room, and she mentions that she is allergic to cats so we have to kind of stay upstairs.  I "have to go to the bathroom".......grab my little furry wingman, rub that shedding little shit all over my shirt.....she's gone in less than 10 minutes!

Poor little dude wound up a ball of fur when they moved to Frisco and lived next to a greenbelt.  Probably a coyote.

9 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Coyotes plural, usually. A decent sized house cat is usually a match for a solo coyote, a big mean one more than a match. 

But coyotes like most dogs are pack hunters. 

True.  They roam up here feasting off the billions of fat rabbits living off manicured lawns.  Sirens set them off and you get a sense for how many there are.  Saw one the other day strolling down the middle of the street during elementary school kid drop-off.  Zero fucks given.  

4 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

As long as you keep your cat on a leash when it’s outside, I’ll be cool with it

There’s a cat in my neighborhood that gets a daily walk on a leash. Cracks me up every time I see it.