Southwest or every other airline in the history of the world?

closetohumping

Southwest or Every other airline in the history of the world  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Speaking of polls, I had sex with South_Austin's mom

• Southwest boarding sucks
    • Love Southwest boarding practices

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

I asked for the can, they said no.  They didn't bring the trolley down the aisle.  They came and took orders like a waiter.  Then they brought out the individual cups row by row like waiters.

Well, technically they didn't say no.  They just never brought it.  

Sounds like just a mistake/oversight on the part of the FA.  I'll bet that if you had gotten the attention of one of the FA's and said something along the lines of, "Hey, I asked for the can -- can I please get that?" they would have apologized and brought you a can. 

I've been on SW flights when they didn't roll the cart down the aisle because the flight was too bumpy or particularly short (i.e., under an hour).  Did your flight fall into either of those categories?

I definitely think SW has regressed over the past 5 years or so.  But getting a damn can of soda out of 'em?  I've never had an issue with that.  

4 hours ago, Upgrayedd said:

I guess I need to look at options on status matches.  

Alaska (MVP Gold 76k) or Delta (Gold)?  A List Preferred with a Companion Pass.  

I believe you live in SAN if I remember correctly. If so, Alaska is your answer. They have a good number of nonstop destinations out of SAN and you can also use American and get reciprocal benefits. On Delta, you’re going to be connecting through one of their hubs every single time you fly.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 2:57 AM, RPM said:

Southwest Airlines flight to Hawaiian island plunges, comes within 400 feet of Pacific Ocean

A Southwest Airlines Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft came within 400 feet of slamming into the Pacific Ocean off the coast of the Hawaiian island of Kauai after weather conditions forced pilots to swiftly change course. 

A Southwest Airlines memo to pilots, obtained by Bloomberg News, detailed Southwest Flight 2786 from the April 11 flight from Honolulu International Airport to Lihue Airport in Kauai.

Passengers were left white-knuckled after the aircraft dropped from nearly 16,000 feet to an altitude of 409 feet.

According to the Southwest memo, the incident occurred following an aborted landing attempt due to bad weather that blocked pilots from seeing the runway at the specified altitude.

The memo noted that the captain opted to put the "newer" first officer in command of the 100-mile interisland flight, despite the pending weather.

The less-experienced first officer "inadvertently" pushed forward on the control column, which controls the plane's pitch and roll, then cut the speed, causing the airplane to rapidly descend. 

The pilot's aggressive movement prompted the warning system to sound the alarm that the passenger aircraft was getting too close to the terrain.

The memo said that the captain ordered the first officer to increase thrust – prompting the aircraft to "climb aggressively" at 8,500 feet per minute.

The interisland flight, which should have been approximately 22 minutes long, departed Honolulu at 6:45 p.m., but following the incident, the plane returned to Honolulu at 8:09 p.m.

No one was injured during the hair-raising ride.

In a statement to Fox News Digital, a Southwest Airlines spokesperson said that "the event was addressed appropriately."

"Nothing is more important to Southwest than safety," the spokesperson said. "Through our robust Safety Management System, the event was addressed appropriately as we always strive for continuous improvement." 

The Federal Aviation Administration told Fox News Digital that it is "investigating the incident."

Sounds similar to the aggy rollercoaster.

17 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

So, CA issues handicap placards for your car.  You need a doctor's letter to get one.

SWA should have required something like that for pre-boarding. 

Just make all of the pre-boards sit in the back rows and deplane last.  That will clear it up in a hurry.

• Hook 'Em 1