What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

Sweet.

Plenty of unfinished business I'm sure. 

AUSTIN, Texas - A homeless man known for terrorizing a South Austin neighborhood is back on the streets.

Austin police said Rami Zawaideh escaped custody, and has a warrant out for his arrest.  Back in April, city officials confirmed Zawaideh was voluntarily committed to a hospital. 

Since 2022, residents have spotted him smashing city property with sledgehammers, toting around a chainsaw, cutting down trees, and screaming in the early morning hours.

Zawaideh has been arrested before and charged with criminal mischief. But, the district attorney dropped those charges.

https://www.fox7austin.com/news/rami-zawaideh-escapes-custody-austin-texas

On 6/26/2024 at 3:26 AM, Deej said:

So APD just gives him his chain back when they release him?

In October, 2015 my son and his two boys returned home in their St. Elmo neighborhood from shopping. 
older boy went out to the back yard, but ran into the house excitedly saying “there’s a gun out there”. 
Son called the cops and this one came to check it out, filled in a report, and took the loaded 9mm. 
Turns out, it was left there by an unstable homeless woman who had previously lived in the area and was known for breaking into other homes since then.
Apparently when son returned to his house, she was interrupted before she could get in their sliding door and dropped her gun & purse before running off.

The next day she knocked on son’s door and asked for her purse and gun that she had “accidentally” dropped in his back yard. 
Son read her the riot act, telling her how she had endangered his children while trespassing and was not welcome on his property. Then informed her the police had taken the purse & gun. 
A couple of days later he called the officer about the case and was told that the lady had come to the station. The cops gave her purse  and  the gun back.

294$$IMG_1324.jpeg

295$$IMG_1325.jpeg

• Rage+1 1

In October, 2015 my son and his two boys returned home in their St. Elmo neighborhood from shopping. 
older boy went out to the back yard, but ran into the house excitedly saying “there’s a gun out there”. 
Son called the cops and this one came to check it out, filled in a report, and took the loaded 9mm. 
Turns out, it was left there by an unstable homeless woman who had previously lived in the area and was known for breaking into other homes since then.
Apparently when son returned to his house, she was interrupted before she could get in their sliding door and dropped her gun & purse before running off.
The next day she knocked on son’s door and asked for her purse and gun that she had “accidentally” dropped in his back yard. 
Son read her the riot act, telling her how she had endangered his children while trespassing and was not welcome on his property. Then informed her the police had taken the purse & gun. 
A couple of days later he called the officer about the case and was told that the lady had come to the station. The cops gave her purse  and  the gun back.

294IMG_1324.jpeg.369225a8aa466de8fbe503ebbfb95e1c.jpeg
295IMG_1325.jpeg.65b990e47dd3c0afa61e10d6054f1c6e.jpeg

Lesson: if you find a gun, either keep it (in a great hiding place) or toss it in the lake. No half measures.

8 hours ago, Armybrat said:

294$$IMG_1324.jpeg

295$$IMG_1325.jpeg

It was nice of your son to leave out some lavender hand creme and a note for the crazy lady.  Glad nothing bad happened after that.  

I just shake my head in frustration, especially after working on housing bonds for the city for so many years and seeing how poorly the sausage was being made.  There's still two encampments between our home and my girls' elementary school.  I gotta coach them up on everything from active shooter drills, to how to non-offensively avoid people talking to themselves and slapping their own heads, to what to do if they see a knife or syringe or gun.  Never mind downtown.  Last year, we're at the new Waterloo Greenway installation and my oldest picks up this "silver ball" she thinks is jewelry in a bush.  Well, it's the device you use to mash up drugs with so you can snort/smoke 'em.  You want to instill compassion for other people into their hearts and minds.  But sometimes there's just some asshole leaving crushed up heroin or a 9mm, who needs help but you don't want to get your kids involved.  But I'm sure City of Austin will buy another hotel and assume everything is going to plan.  

18 hours ago, Armybrat said:

294$$IMG_1324.jpeg

295$$IMG_1325.jpeg

VengefulQuestionableInexpectatumpleco-size_restricted.gif