What the fuck is wrong with you, Austin?

crash_davis

8 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Have been reflecting on my comments lately re: Houston drivers from Austin drivers

So, yes, Houston drivers are trying to kill you.  They will cut you off at 80 mph, make sure you never ever enter in their lane, drive like absolute maniacs anywhere, everywhere and across all 250 lanes of I-10.

The more I pay attention, the more I realize Austin drivers will sometimes decide its OK to drive 55 on Mopac... or to stop in the middle of the road and wait to cut across two lanes of traffic to turn somewhere... or drive along Walsh Tarlton, stop in the road and F'ing hit reverse to back into a street.  People act lost or stoned (likely) or both and subsequently will throw you the weirdest driving move possible.  Baffling.

white woman privilege.

Have been reflecting on my comments lately re: Houston drivers from Austin drivers
So, yes, Houston drivers are trying to kill you.  They will cut you off at 80 mph, make sure you never ever enter in their lane, drive like absolute maniacs anywhere, everywhere and across all 250 lanes of I-10.
The more I pay attention, the more I realize Austin drivers will sometimes decide its OK to drive 55 on Mopac... or to stop in the middle of the road and wait to cut across two lanes of traffic to turn somewhere... or drive along Walsh Tarlton, stop in the road and F'ing hit reverse to back into a street.  People act lost or stoned (likely) or both and subsequently will throw you the weirdest driving move possible.  Baffling.

The exact speech I’ve given for 30 years. I’ll take Houston drivers all day, because aggressive and homicidal is predictable. Austin drivers being stupid and pulling crazy ivans can’t be bothered predicted or planned for.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I watched a white woman in her Mercedes pull out of the light at Pascal Ln at 360, buried in her phone, IN FRONT OF a TCSO marked Explorer (which had to brake heavily to avoid hitting her), text some more, swerve a bit, then decided she wanted to change lanes to make a U-Turn at the next left-turn turnout.  She was 3 feet into the left lane before realizing there was someone RIGHT next to her.  So she swerved back to the right lane, braked, then took a hard left across the left lane AND the left turn lane into the turn-around, all with the Sheriff RIGHT behind her.  Worst part was the sheriff just let her go about her day nearly causing 4 wrecks in half a mile.

Edited by PvilleStang

24 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

I watched a white woman in her Mercedes pull out of the light at Pascal Ln at 360, buried in her phone, IN FRONT OF a TCSO marked Explorer (which had to brake heavily to avoid hitting her), text some more, swerve a bit, then decided she wanted to change lanes to make a U-Turn at the next left-turn turnout.  She was 3 feet into the left lane before realizing there was someone RIGHT next to her.  So she swerved back to the right lane, braked, then took a hard left across the left lane AND the left turn lane into the turn-around, all with the Sheriff RIGHT behind her.  Worst part was the sheriff just let her go about her day nearly causing 4 wrecks in half a mile.

To this day I can't figure out how they managed to get a light there. It's an entrance into a gated subdivision (and therefore a private road). Someone had some $troke to get TxDOT approval for that.

12 minutes ago, ftf82 said:

To this day I can't figure out how they managed to get a light there. It's an entrance into a gated subdivision (and therefore a private road). Someone had some $troke to get TxDOT approval for that.

it wasn't always private.  The neighborhood voted to make the streets private a number of years ago, but well after the light was installed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, landman said:

The neighborhood voted to make the streets private a number of years ago, but well after the light was installed.

I could swear the gates went up years before the light, but now you have me scratching my head.  Used to cut through Rob Roy to shave a minute or two off my drive, so the gates always felt a little personal.

4 hours ago, Mittens said:

I could swear the gates went up years before the light, but now you have me scratching my head.  Used to cut through Rob Roy to shave a minute or two off my drive, so the gates always felt a little personal.

clearly they dont want "your" kind there.