Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

IMG_3538.thumb.jpeg.5977f2e3fefa22a58ab51406eb2290bb.jpeg

As a SA resident that has attended every Alamo Bowl since RG3 was at Baylor, I applaud the committee for at least “reaching” into those few schools that weren’t part of the original conference matchup agreement.

Now with UT and OU in the SEC, I see the Alamo Bowl seeking the best of both the BIG and SEC teams, not participating in the playoffs. The Alamo Bowl has consistently been the premier attended/watched Bowl, not counting NY6 Bowls.

It very well may be the premier bowl for the B12, with a matchup of the team that was just left out of playoff vs likewise from another conference. All anyone can do is speculate. AB is one of the only bowls, not NY6, that can guarantee 50K+ and it’s a friendly city for tourists/fans.

Hook’em!!!

We have had these seats since the inaugural Alamo Bowl, and up to 2019 the only one We missed was when aggy played there (sold our tix to an Aggie neighbor). 
We stopped going in 2020 and give our tickets to my oldest son & wife who like to use it as a two day getaway on the Riverwalk.

IMG_1932.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

• 2 weeks later...
We have had these seats since the inaugural Alamo Bowl, and up to 2019 the only one We missed was when aggy played there (sold our tix to an Aggie neighbor). 
We stopped going in 2020 and give our tickets to my oldest son & wife who like to use it as a two day getaway on the Riverwalk.

IMG_1932.thumb.jpeg.ff7d9638fbf916dc11d428b09126f6d2.jpeg

AB - I think that was from Mack’s last season, as I’ve personally been to the last dozen Alamo Bowls.

I work with many OUsucks at my employer, who happens to host the Bowl by name. Each year we’d say “please not us,” as that means the season really didn’t finish like we would’ve hoped.

Hook’em!!!

16 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Maybe the players can get a shirt that says “we rape students” and the AD, HC and admin can get some that say “we enable rapists”

"We don't really believe in the teachings of Jesus."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Deej said:

"We don't really believe in the teachings of Jesus."

Not to CR the thread up, but if this were to happen at Miami or LSU, you kind of shake your head and move on. But Baylor.. you just have to fucking try to build that kind of culture. Fuck Art Briles, and Ken Starr, and all of those other literal hypocritical pieces of shit.

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 2

AB and others, I’ve attended each Alamo Bowl since RG3 beat Washington.

I think we’re going on like a dozen. Always a great experience/Game. My Son, now out of college for a couple of years, has tried to make sure he’s off for the Alamo Bowl.

Hook’em !!!

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

List is bs, they’re under valuing Cream Burger and Frenchy’s Fried Chicken !

IMG_1488.jpeg

LOL at the "Family Sentiment" score. Like what the hell does that mean? We getting dinged because of the pom squad having a scissor party in front of the library or something?

• Haha 5
  • Drool 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

23 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Doubly so if that 9-4 champ is Iowa State.

I would literally nut.

We'd probably do better against the 5 seed than they would anyhow.  They got outscored 96-0 by ranked teams last year.  We at least kept it interesting with you guys.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

List is bs, they’re under valuing Cream Burger and Frenchy’s Fried Chicken !

IMG_1488.jpeg

Iowa State behind Cincy, ASU, UCF, CU for tailgating is nuts and clearly not arrived at by anyone who's gone to these games.  KSU, WVU, and OK State are very similar.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

Iowa State behind Cincy, ASU, UCF, CU for tailgating is nuts and clearly not arrived at by anyone who's gone to these games.  KSU, WVU, and OK State are very similar.

West Virginia behind Colorado is certainly an opinion from someone who has never been to either.

Is low score best here?  I'm trying to figure out how in the fuck they could put together a list where Lubbock is the 2nd best location.  I mean it's better than Amarillo, or any place in Oklahoma, but I'm running out of locations where Lubbock comes out on top pretty fucking fast.  Then you see Boulder, Tempe and Tucson on the list and wait, Lubbock isn't at the ass end of that list, It's just wild.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TKthunder2 said:

West Virginia behind Colorado is certainly an opinion from someone who has never been to either.

WVU tailgate destroys CU.  I’m obviously biased, but you can find lots of posts from UT fans who went to games in Ames praise ISU’s as well.  OK State is awesome, and KSU is fairly similar to the Pokes and Clones but smaller.

You guys can mix the notion of a 9-4 Iowa State making the playoff or of Iowa being anything besides excellent compared to all but about 10-15 teams in CFB this year. 

1) Utah is loaded with experience and has a charmin soft schedule. They’ll be 11-1/12-0 heading into the conference title game. 

2) Oklahoma State returns like 20 starters off of a team that actually played for the title. 

3) Iowa State isn’t on par with either of those teams. 

4) Iowa went 10-2 in the regular season last year with one of the worst offenses in our lifetimes. They’ve dumped part of the problem and they also return like 19 starters. They’re going to beat the dogshit out of Iowa State this year. And by that, I mean they’re going to win 21-10 with the game never feeling close. 

I know that the coaches poll is just a starting point, and that teams will rise and fall through the season, but at the start, here are the B12 games between two ranked teams:

Utah at OSU

Arizona at Utah

OSU at KSU (same day as Ari at Utah)

KU at KSU

WVU scheduled PSU and UH scheduled OU, but none of the preseason ranked B12 teams scheduled ranked teams for OOC. 

19 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

LOL at the "Family Sentiment" score. Like what the hell does that mean? We getting dinged because of the pom squad having a scissor party in front of the library or something?

If you want to be #1 on preseason football experience lists, you need to rename your stadium to Boone Pickens Family Stadium, sponsoring the Mike Gundy Family. Put the ball back in K-State's court.

• Haha 2