Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

On 9/15/2024 at 11:48 PM, TKthunder2 said:

CBS projecting playoff/bowl games, clearly CBS has a hard on for the Big 12 because this make perfect sense…

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bowl-projections-memphis-win-over-florida-state-helps-push-tigers-into-college-football-playoff-field/

Big12: 4 spots
SEC/B1G: 3 spots each
ACC/G5: 1 spots each

And they have Miami as 3 seed and Utah 4 seed in the Quarterfinals section. But it's flipped in the 1st Round section where they show who first-round winners play next. Get your shit together, CBS.

On 9/15/2024 at 11:48 PM, TKthunder2 said:

CBS projecting playoff/bowl games, clearly CBS has a hard on for the Big 12 because this make perfect sense…

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/bowl-projections-memphis-win-over-florida-state-helps-push-tigers-into-college-football-playoff-field/

Big12: 4 spots
SEC/B1G: 3 spots each
ACC/G5: 1 spots each

Can most of the nation even name a Big 12 school?

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Honestly I think Texas may have put up with it a bit longer if the conference had ever supported UT. I'm not talking about kowtowing or deferring to Texas, I'm talking about obvious shit like the officiating in the 2015 game against OkSU as shown in the video earlier in this thread. Some of those calls can be argued so maybe the league office shouldn't have said anything about things like the missed PI against Beck. But the bullshit move by the sideline official to hunt down and intentionally make contact with Strong so he could throw a flag absolutely should have resulted in a public reprimand and a suspension for that ref. The fact that the league said nothing is completely indefensible. And keep in mind that like everyone else around here I'm fine with pretty much anything it took to get Strong out of here.

Hell, it might have been enough for the league to issue a bland statement (much like they did) and then quietly not re-sign the officials for the next season. That way, they could have sent a message to the crews that fuckery isn’t tolerated, while telling the rest of the league that they didn’t dance to Texas’ call. 

But, they couldn’t do that. Deterding still works for the B12. The message to UT was that the Horns may be Gulliver, but the Lilliputians were going to work together to tie them down. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

38 minutes ago, statsman said:

Hell, it might have been enough for the league to issue a bland statement (much like they did) and then quietly not re-sign the officials for the next season. That way, they could have sent a message to the crews that fuckery isn’t tolerated, while telling the rest of the league that they didn’t dance to Texas’ call. 

But, they couldn’t do that. Deterding still works for the B12. The message to UT was that the Horns may be Gulliver, but the Lilliputians were going to work together to tie them down. 

Well, other than the fact that most of the other schools in the big 12 wouldn’t be smart enough to understand that reference. 

58 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

It’s extremely refreshing to be aligned with peer football institutions that have their own aspirations and desires that don’t involve “I don’t care how bad we are as long as we beat Texas.” 

Well, all the ones outside of OU, aggy and arky, at least.

• Hook 'Em 4

15 hours ago, Deej said:

Can most of the nation even name a Big 12 school?

Good point. I attended one and can’t recall what the place was called. Should probably just shut it down and demolish the stadium, forgot the name of that too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Good point. I attended one and can’t recall what the place was called. Should probably just shut it down and demolish the stadium, forgot the name of that too.

I agree, and go a step further and feed T Boone Pickens' bones to some mongrel dogs and burn their feces for lamp fuel.

On 9/2/2024 at 12:07 PM, Deej said:

Poor OSU. I have no sympathy.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. I had blocked a good portion of that out. Thank God we nuked that kangaroo ass conference from orbit. Enjoy irrelevance, Big XII. They can't remove your automatic playoff bid soon enough