Left Behind: A Quick Dose Of Post Big 12 Reality

LTtxfan

They should split it into two divisions: the OGs and the New Cunts.  

Tceh, OkState, Rapelor, TCU, KState, Kansas, Iowa State, WV (even though TCU and WVU don't belong there, they round out the 😎

The rest build out the NCs.

Gives the olds the chance to keep playing each other, and the news a chance to circle jerk each other, then the conference championship.  You're welcome, Yormark, you worthless cockstain.

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

OSU opens its conference season v. Utah at home, then KSU on the road. And those teams won't play each other. Utah does play Arizona in the second conference week, and Arizona plays KSU. Meanwhile, the only team with first place votes that KU plays is KSU late in the season. Man, I really fucking hate this new era of divisionless conferences. The tiebreakers last year were tricky, this year is going to be a fucking nightmare.

Valid points...  reposting rankings for pg 134

Screenshot_2024-07-09-10-37-25_kindlephoto-458068.png.9b13b2ac96e535197e66b688d39f782e.png

https://big12sports.com/news/2024/7/2/utah-picked-first-in-big-12-football-media-preseason-poll.aspx

34 minutes ago, 'stache said:

OSU opens its conference season v. Utah at home, then KSU on the road. And those teams won't play each other. Utah does play Arizona in the second conference week, and Arizona plays KSU. Meanwhile, the only team with first place votes that KU plays is KSU late in the season. Man, I really fucking hate this new era of divisionless conferences. The tiebreakers last year were tricky, this year is going to be a fucking nightmare.

Arizona plays KSU, but not in conference play.

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

Arizona plays KSU, but not in conference play.

God damnit, I forgot about that, I just can't with this shit any more. I'll just focus on my team and hope they win.

10 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I still have to do a double take when I see Kansas, Arizona, and Iowa State in the top 6 of the conference. Not that long ago they would have all just slotted those in the final 3 spots.

40 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

FSU and Clemson would make the big12 the 2nd best conference. Hopefully they can work the deal. 

I'm sorry did the Big 10 dissolve after FSU and Clemson went to the Big 12? FSU and Clemson would be the 4th and 6th best teams in the Big 10 at best if they joined there and they'll be the undeniable 1 and 2 in the Big XII if they join there. And you expect the Big XII to be the second best conference?

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Amazing investigative reporting from a hospice bed. I am sure it was all thorough and completely validated. 

I’m starting to think his sources on his health are the same sources on conference realignment. Drinkenstien maybe?

Edited by 'stache

Surprised Fl at Texas and/or Texas at piggie isn't on that list.  Maybe because teams will be shit by November?

As for Big12, ouch.  There has to be at least one game predicted to be in top 40, right? Right?!? KU/KSU? Utah/BUY? Some random Colorado game? Something? Anything? Bueller? 

23 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Yormark and Weiser looking at this like ...

04c.gif

That’s one metric of watchability, not the only one. I’m sure the B12 will have games of interest (Sanders and Rising are both legit Heisman candidates). 

Yormark is an ass, but he is a huckster, and I’d be surprised if he didn’t view the pageantry and excitement at the TT game and B12CG, and think to himself, “You Big 12 Lilliputian schools are some real dumbasses for having this asset in your conference and fucking it up”. 

Weiser is just a Texas-hating ass from Kansas. He’s too dumb to think anything other than he’s happy Texas is gone. 

1 hour ago, TxEx84 said:

Surprised Fl at Texas and/or Texas at piggie isn't on that list.  Maybe because teams will be shit by November?

As for Big12, ouch.  There has to be at least one game predicted to be in top 40, right? Right?!? KU/KSU? Utah/BUY? Some random Colorado game? Something? Anything? Bueller? 

Colo vs CSU and Colo vs Neb will pull big numbers

2 hours ago, TxEx84 said:

This ranking is based on a blend of "projected quality and competitiveness." The spread in those games (Texas-Florida/Arkansas) is projected to be high, thus making the games less "watchable" (according to this ranking).

The spread factor is the same reason that aggy is on the list 6 times, including games against Auburn, Florida, and Missouri. aggy will be mediocre and those three teams will also be mediocre, so the spread in those games is projected to be low.

The list doesn't suggest that aggy will be playing in a lot of huge games, just that they are in the middle of the pack and will be playing other teams around the middle or above them in the rankings. Thus those games are ranked as "watchable," despite being matchups of average teams.

Similarly, the "projected quality" factor is why Texas appears four times in the top-10 while most of aggy's appearance are on the bottom half of the list.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

Yormark and Weiser looking at this like ...

04c.gif

Yeah but no Colorado games being on that list is kinda BS. They play at Nebraska in week 2, at home against Kansas St on Oct 12, in Lubbock on 11/9, at home against Utah on 11/16, and at home against oSu on 11/29. All of those are watchable games. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah but no Colorado games being on that list is kinda BS. They play at Nebraska in week 2, at home against Kansas St on Oct 12, in Lubbock on 11/9, at home against Utah on 11/16, and at home against oSu on 11/29. All of those are watchable games. 

I don't disagree with you, but we're looking at it as college football fans. KFord is just using a formula weighted for competitiveness and quality. Nebraska has been anything but quality the last several years; they've been abjectly terrible. They haven't won more than 3 conference games or more than 5 games overall since 2016.

50 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

This ranking is based on a blend of "projected quality and competitiveness." The spread in those games (Texas-Florida/Arkansas) is projected to be high, thus making the games less "watchable" (according to this ranking).

The spread factor is the same reason that aggy is on the list 6 times, including games against Auburn, Florida, and Missouri. aggy will be mediocre and those three teams will also be mediocre, so the spread in those games is projected to be low.

The list doesn't suggest that aggy will be playing in a lot of huge games, just that they are in the middle of the pack and will be playing other teams around the middle or above them in the rankings. Thus those games are ranked as "watchable," despite being matchups of average teams.

Similarly, the "projected quality" factor is why Texas appears four times in the top-10 while most of aggy's appearance are on the bottom half of the list.

Is this post voluminous? A little. Is it loaded with banality? No. Good breakdown. 

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, Voluminous Banality said:

I don't disagree with you, but we're looking at it as college football fans. KFord is just using a formula weighted for competitiveness and quality. Nebraska has been anything but quality the last several years; they've been abjectly terrible. They haven't won more than 3 conference games or more than 5 games overall since 2016.

Still blows my mind

Yeah, people are gonna be super excited for FSU @ SMU. Utah @ OSU is going to be a good and “watchable” game. Also, no news flash, BIG and SEC are going to have the most watched games, genius stuff going on there.

Oh how tech has fallen...  😋

Big 12 football rankings, predicted order of finish as 2024 Media Days begins

As the Big 12 Media Days get underway ahead of a historic 2024 football season, we predict the conference's power rankings and projected order of finish for all teams.

James Parks | Jul 9, 2024

Screenshot_20240714-065415_kindlephoto-3297538.thumb.png.760584f04b973d18c77131c95bfb2369.png

Screenshot_20240714-065541_kindlephoto-3383150.thumb.png.7867c5a28a3d8a744ffc3bb3faa08f35.png

Screenshot_20240714-065630_kindlephoto-3431082.thumb.png.e0e10dc14dc5b91c7d9525d87a64088f.png

Screenshot_20240714-065716_kindlephoto-3477645.thumb.png.f17ec4c10183786b30bbebc132debf8d.png

Screenshot_20240714-065802_kindlephoto-3522683.thumb.png.184b1cd4673245e5a555c3db7cd7e4bd.pngScreenshot_20240714-065858_kindlephoto-3580346.thumb.png.52eb934b8e88cfb9a3c8c720fb13777b.png

Screenshot_20240714-065942_kindlephoto-3623608.thumb.png.751e8a7bd274b65b60dd7cc8b0cbd9bc.png

Screenshot_20240714-070044_kindlephoto-3686860.thumb.png.73359a6115f9c2d96f722b3169dfc6f1.png

Screenshot_20240714-070622_kindlephoto-4022992.thumb.png.0cf390b1578ed5249ff0ca6e3b14b89d.png

https://www.si.com/fannation/college/cfb-hq/rankings/big-12-football-rankings-2024-media-days-predictions-order-of-finish-teams

20 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yeah, people are gonna be super excited for FSU @ SMU. Utah @ OSU is going to be a good and “watchable” game. Also, no news flash, BIG and SEC are going to have the most watched games, genius stuff going on there.

Yes, I chuckled at that. SMU is not terrible but they barely rate here in DFW. 

I watched at least one pod-cast from each of the 4-corners schools from the BIG12 media days. And though none of them are glad the PAC collapsed, in every single pod-cast EVERY reporter commented on what a good fit it was. How comfortable they were.

Imagine you've gone to the last dozen PAC12 media days. Half the schools there are insufferable snobs. You have the elitist liberal intellectual snobs of CAL/FORD. Add to that the fact Stanford has dominated the Directors Cup and they make sure you know it. You have the Hollywood Social Status elitism of USC & UCLA. And the Pacific North West Libs of Oregon & Washington. Now your at the BIG12 media days and every member school is somewhat like your own. Not a lot of snobbery going there. Maybe Dion's getting a little to much attention. Maybe UU has there nose a little to high in the air. But none of condescension that overflowed from USC/UCLA/CAL/STANFORD etc. The 4-corners schools felt really good about the parity and the friendliness and the camaraderie.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CustersDoctor said:

I watched at least one pod-cast from each of the 4-corners schools from the BIG12 media days. And though none of them are glad the PAC collapsed, in every single pod-cast EVERY reporter commented on what a good fit it was. How comfortable they were.

Imagine you've gone to the last dozen PAC12 media days. Half the schools there are insufferable snobs. You have the elitist liberal intellectual snobs of CAL/FORD. Add to that the fact Stanford has dominated the Directors Cup and they make sure you know it. You have the Hollywood Social Status elitism of USC & UCLA. And the Pacific North West Libs of Oregon & Washington. Now your at the BIG12 media days and every member school is somewhat like your own. Not a lot of snobbery going there. Maybe Dion's getting a little to much attention. Maybe UU has there nose a little to high in the air. But none of condescension that overflowed from USC/UCLA/CAL/STANFORD etc. The 4-corners schools felt really good about the parity and the friendliness and the camaraderie.

*you're

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CustersDoctor said:

So the school of fish is happy and comfortable because there is no longer any big fish in the little pond?

Edited by DanTheHorn
Can't wait until the left behind fans walk the new folks from their cars to the stadium.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, CustersDoctor said:

The 4-corners schools felt really good about the parity of equally shitty teams and the bottom feeder friendliness and the camaraderie. 

Fixed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, Utah's just thrilled to be in the Big 12 with Arizona, Arizona State, and Colorado. They didn't try like hell to keep the Pac from dying at all.....

If nothing else, they learned that they are far less important than they want to believe. I really hope OSU can beat them in their first Big XII game at Boone Pickens Stadium, but it feels like one of those big moments where we fall short, so I'm not holding my breath. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

*you're

You missed the fact I used 'there' in a place where I should have used 'their'. Grammar Nazi's these days just don't take there, I mean their, job seriously these days.

PS. Camaraderie was a bitch to spell correctly.

6 minutes ago, CustersDoctor said:

You missed the fact I used 'there' in a place where I should have used 'their'. Grammar Nazi's these days just don't take there, I mean their, job seriously these days.

PS. Camaraderie was a bitch to spell correctly.

*Nazis

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

If nothing else, they learned that they are far less important than they want to believe. I really hope OSU can beat them in their first Big XII game at Boone Pickens Stadium, but it feels like one of those big moments where we fall short, so I'm not holding my breath. 

That's gonna be a good game. I think y'all take it. 

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

Utah is like academic aggy. Their long history of excellence and tradition is primarily because they say so. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3