Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

18 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

IMG_7346.thumb.jpeg.1daef74ed72b5fdc974556fea2e726bb.jpeg

TIL that people think A&M is weird because they are such rabid and passionate fans, and that soon people will think that Texas is weird because our fans are not as rabid and passionate. This whole time I have been misguided on why exactly people think Aggies are weird. So glad Texags could clear that up for me. 

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, alincoln said:

They must have really kicked ass in the SEC after getting out from under the boot of Texas . . .

Yeah, they’ve won every game against the Horns since their 100 Year Decision!

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I relish the total lack of self-awareness from the school whose campus resembles a soviet siberian petrocity, and can't recognize their own unique blend of communism and fascism

Muster.jpg.2d04861e48d70777fe7dadcf7249435a.jpg

In aggyland, a "hooding" ceremony takes on a whole new meaning. 

I’ll be honest. I don’t really see aggy as a rival. Rivals generally are good competitive programs with a decent history of winning and has a relevance in the sport. aggy is none of them so I wouldn’t classify them as a rival. 

just a school focused on cocks with male cheerleaders dancing to Taylor swift with a meat judging team 

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ousux said:

Too bad this is way too long for message board geniuses

We're soviet Russia and the CCP now!

The marines are looking for a few good men, unfortunately aggy ewe ain't it.

Edited by Nivek
  • Haha 2

On 5/30/2024 at 5:45 PM, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2024-05-30-17-43-04-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-30-17-43-20-13_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

It’s like the outofstate douche doesn’t remember that they later admitted to have been negotiating with the SEC a year before the PAC thing happened. They were acting in bad faith, as aggy always does. 

• Like 2

image.png.a0e7645f3a64162af1276f480f2fb317.png

6a75570f-8720-49f6-8bfb-d04397365a04_text.gif

No stupid videos here, our announcement video is all about us making the SEC better.

Well basically yes. For football only, Texas is probably the only school, like Notre Dame, that could just go independent and survive. The move to the SEC was about the landscape shifting and getting more TV money.

We will not come into the SEC, like aggy, kissing the conference ring.

Hook’em!!!
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Longhornfrenzy said:

Screenshot_2024-05-31-09-52-33-61_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-31-09-52-47-58_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

It’s when I see a post like this that I yearn for a surly reaction option of “WTF?”, instead of the usual Hook’Em, laugh, or middle finger. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s when I see a post like this that I yearn for a surly reaction option of “WTF?”, instead of the usual Hook’Em, laugh, or middle finger. 

Yes, with the demise of the “prepare your anus” reaction emoji, the “wtf” reaction is definitely the glaring deficiency. @immamac

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If the rest of the old “army” crowd is half as insane as the “Colonel” we have a real problem in our state healthcare system.

Thoughts and prayers to Texas retirement home employees. 

I have known a few aggy Marines who actually served.  They all seemed to gain some perspective and none of them acted like aggy was military school.   That poster is 100% stolen valor.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

Well basically yes. For football only, Texas is probably the only school, like Notre Dame, that could just go independent and survive. The move to the SEC was about the landscape shifting and getting more TV money.

We will not come into the SEC, like aggy, kissing the conference ring.

Hook’em!!!

This is something not many in the SEC understand. The Texas brand has nothing to do with conference affliation. The only team that is probably on that level in the SEC is Alabama. Every other team derives their brand from being in the SEC. OU is probably in the same boat as us, but I think going to the SEC might actually hurt their brand moving forward.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This is something not many in the SEC understand. The Texas brand has nothing to do with conference affliation. The only team that is probably on that level in the SEC is Alabama. Every other team derives their brand from being in the SEC. OU is probably in the same boat as us, but I think going to the SEC might actually hurt their brand moving forward.

image.jpeg.01a7b2a606311662f0d85f67eef464b7.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

OU is broke as fuck compared to us, they are not in the same boat at all.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

OU is broke as fuck compared to us, they are not in the same boat at all.

I wasn't talking about money, I was talking about brand. OU is a national brand.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Idk I’m no businessman but I think brands and money are pretty intertwined. They sure as shit couldn’t survive as an independent to the degree we could. 

You would think there was more money in meth, but I guess not. 

On 5/31/2024 at 11:37 AM, Hagbard Celine said:

I relish the total lack of self-awareness from the school whose campus resembles a soviet siberian petrocity, and can't recognize their own unique blend of communism and fascism

Muster.jpg.2d04861e48d70777fe7dadcf7249435a.jpg

What the hall am I looking at? Had it not been for the Texas flag in the background I would have thought this was some throwback German ww2 rally.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

image.jpeg.01a7b2a606311662f0d85f67eef464b7.jpeg

I plotted with the latest data for teams that show up in the top 20 for either AP top 25 ranking or AP top 5 ranking. Maybe not unsurprisingly, there is an almost complete overlap with only 21 teams making up either of the two top 20 lists. The two teams that show up in only 1 list are aggy (20 in top 25 and 21 in top 5) and Michigan State (22 in top 25 and 19 in top 5) If I do top 25 list, then there is more scatter with 60 teams showing on either top 25 lists with Army being a major outlier at 60th in top 25 and 23rd in top 5 rankings. We are clearly in the top 8 but are sharing the 7-8 spots with Nebraska. We need to up those rookie numbers.

image.png.db69b93f671e4683003c2594610da1be.png

• Hook 'Em 8

What the hall am I looking at? Had it not been for the Texas flag in the background I would have thought this was some throwback German ww2 rally.

They also fly Chilean flags
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 hours ago, Vertigo said:

It is. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:

This is a master class in propaganda for a kid who weighs 115 and has 8 games under his belt and got hurt by lower level  competition. 

IMG_9407.jpeg

Also scourton an edge fills the loss of two dt’s in the portal

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

This is a master class in propaganda for a kid who weighs 115 and has 8 games under his belt and got hurt by lower level  competition. 

IMG_9407.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Also scourton an edge fills the loss  of two dt’s in the portal

WRONG!!

He fills the lost of two DTs.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

IMG_9407.jpeg

Weigman is not small. He’s just behind the worst line in the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

Weigman is not small. He’s just behind the worst line in the SEC.

I meant he's small since he doesn't do anything other than nurse injuries instead of activities. I do think he's something like 6'0" in reality or very close to it. He's not the listed 6'2" he's listed at. 

9 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

IMG_9407.jpeg

"Scourton is unblockable!"

"Who have you seen trying to block him?"

7stb7p0rzndc1.jpeg

• Haha 2