Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

7 hours ago, Park Gothic said:

There's a lot wrong with that article, but this part in particular made me chuckle. Yes, Texas was "hoarding" the Big 12's money, much like how the IRS thinks I'm "hoarding" a bunch of my salary.

When other teams start to think of "welfare" as "entitlements," it's clearly time to move on. 

Do we have any media rights left? Doesn’t matter if they are tier 4 or 5 or 10. I want the Longhorn Network to be reinstated with much fanfare covering nth tier sports or intramural skirmishes or nerds in labs. Doesn’t matter what it pays; just have the media partner (Learfield?) say it is the Longhorn Network. Aggy reaction will be glorious. The icing on the cake would be including a statement from Sankey that all SEC teams have those rights and they are free to do whatever they want with them. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Horn117 said:

These are the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet.

"They are a shell of a program that projects their elitism to others."

i've pondered this line for 5 minutes, and i'm pretty good at aggy emulation, and i can't even begin to unpack this

it's like a really good crpyto cipher

now, the line before this, is definitely in our wheelhouse:

"They are not the illuminati some of you think they are."

HA!

NO ONE EXPECTS THE BAVARIAN ILLUMINATI!

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i've pondered this line for 5 minutes, and i'm pretty good at aggy emulation, and i can't even begin to unpack this

HA!

Okay ... I'm going to take the risk of trying to unpack it.

"They are a shell of a program [that finished the season ranked third in the nation. If that makes us a "shell" of a program, what does that make A&M, who fired their coach?]  that projects their elitism to others [okay ... so we are elite, and we're trying to project our elitism to others? Isn't this a GOOD thing?].  

The whole thing about the illuminati reveals how shit fucking scared they must be.  Wow. Illuminati? Really?  Jesus H Christ. 

• Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

HA!

Never discuss the rites or the branch on this board you muggle.

51 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What the families of fallen students REALLY need to help them heal is some jackass with a phone confronting people who are minding their own business.

high five texas am GIF by Texas A&M University

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, General Specific said:

Ah, now it’s all starting to make some sense, it’s a school (or is it like a gaggle, murder or something else) of Karens/Kevins. So on brand for aggy.

- the obvious one - a flock ... you know ... 

image.png.d4db12803942ac913ac7793a11de759a.png

Question:  How does a good aggie football player curse?

Flying Baltimore Ravens GIF by SportsManias

Here's another, darker option - 

image.png.8b2975021e749dc3dff41ce502ce32e5.png

Or .... 

image.png.77ee146b8e685b3cb9399a60315bd6cf.png

Yeah, that fits, too.

• Like 1

NFL teams and the networks are currently discussing barring Weigman from the NFL.  FOX, ESPN, and CBS are concerned about teams forfeiting in order in order to secure the #1 pick.  The networks are really pushing to get this through fast.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I may be out of the loop a bit with the NFL, but I don't think most teams want a quarterback in the first round that they have to bring in with multiple loads. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So I read it. And it boils down to “he played real well against New Mexico and ULM and if he can play at that same level all season against the sec teams he will be highly drafted.”  Great analysis. 

He actually lumps the Miami game in with the others as good performances, but watching that game illustrated more than the stats did so he’s certainly not being completely honest with that eval. 

Is he aggy, or does he just know how to lure aggy and generate clicks and shares?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

59 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

image.gif.ab72fa96c44dd93957a7ba7d8879b43a.gif

I fucking love this guy. He is who he is, no excuses attempted. The call-in part of his show is about 90% shit, but that's not much different than any of the other talking penis heads.

... of course, I enjoy Pate, too, so fuck me, what do I know?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

I fucking love this guy. He is who he is, no excuses attempted. The call-in part of his show is about 90% shit, but that's not much different than any of the other talking penis heads.

... of course, I enjoy Pate, too, so fuck me, what do I know?

Call-in shows of any variety are horrible. Think of the kind of person that watches or listens and thinks “yeah I have a good point or a valid question that this audience just needs to hear and I’m going to call and wait my turn.”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

image.png.2e1fe9983783f2772106f010b4ebf10d.png

image.png.2943249af0ce1fa4c7155a2b233d55d9.png

Apparently flashes of excellence against shit teams counts more than flashes of struggle against good opponents:

image.png.eb466f2f5c72a5fc0d36f9b2b7063f61.png

Lastly:

image.png.b87cb66393d982a22f132d989223b5d4.png

Yep. What kind of a fucktard football scout weighs those lousy elements? 

The guy's not an Aggie, but he would fit in well there. Weigman may be great. So far, it's just potential with some flashy previews. I haven't read anything about the progress on his injury. He was still hobbled to some degree in their spring game. Weigman said he was ready to go (what you like to see in an athlete), but he evidently wasn't.

Edited by RomaVicta

Call-in shows of any variety are horrible. Think of the kind of person that watches or listens and thinks “yeah I have a good point or a valid question that this audience just needs to hear and I’m going to call and wait my turn.”

Mostly true. But I used to enjoy the texags post game show. Especially after a bad loss which was often

57 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Dude, do you even Phyliss from Mulga?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Dude, do you even Phyliss from Mulga?

Only by accident. 

Usually in the same sort of context as "Your Honor, I swear to God I was dancing with someone else, but that woman tripped me, ripped my pants off on the way down, somehow beat me to the floor,  and got her legs around my hips before I landed." 

• Haha 1

On 6/12/2024 at 6:40 PM, General Specific said:

Ah, now it’s all starting to make some sense, it’s a school (or is it like a gaggle, murder or something else) of Karens/Kevins. So on brand for aggy.

It isn't Kevin, fuckface.  Find a new name to sully.

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Only by accident. 

Usually in the same sort of context as "Your Honor, I swear to God I was dancing with someone else, but that woman tripped me, ripped my pants off on the way down, somehow beat me to the floor,  and got her legs around my hips before I landed." 

I just looked her up. She passed away.