Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

You see, you take a higher salary to go to A&M because you love everything Aggie. You get it.

You take a higher salary to leave A&M, and you're a lying POS.

You take a higher salary to go to tu, and you are in league with the devil whose only purpose is to thwart A&M.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Here's the complete FCB article on the Schlossnagle hiring.  Given his reported close relationship w/ Del Conte, am assuming this is consistent w/ what Del Conte knows or believes.

Couple of nuggets - 

- he too says - or confirms the rumor - that Schlossnagle is bringing his staff w/ him

- says Schlossnagle made his decision TUESDAY AFTERNOON ... a few hours before Game 3 of the CWS Finals.  Yikes.

Sources: Jim Schlossnagle leaving Texas A&M to become next baseball coach at Texas

ChipBrown247 (Horns 247)

Spoiler

Sources: Jim Schlossnagle leaving Texas A&M to become next baseball coach at Texas

ChipBrown247 (Horns 247)

AUSTIN, Texas — One day after leading Texas A&M to a runner-up finish in the College World Series, Jim Schlossnagle is leaving College Station to become the new baseball coach at Texas, sources told Horns247.com.

The sources said Schlossnagle plans to bring his coaching staff with him to Austin.

One day after Texas A&M suffered a crushing 6-5 loss to Tennessee for the College World Series title, Schlossnagle met with his players to tell them he had a decision to make about whether to rejoin his friend and former athletic director Chris Del Conte at Texas or remain in College Station, two sources close to the situation told Horns247.

Schlossnagle, who has a $1.35 million buyout that doubles to $2.7 million if he takes another job in the state of Texas, made the decision late Tuesday afternoon, sources told Horns247.

The news adds a new chapter to a 100-year rivalry between Texas and Texas A&M before the Longhorns even officially join the Aggies in the Southeastern Conference on July 1.

After spending 18 seasons at TCU - eight of them with Del Conte as his boss in Fort Worth, Schlossnagle, 53, took over the A&M job in 2022, going 135-62 (.685) in three seasons, including a 53-15 record while finishing national runner-up on Monday night.

Sources said Schlossnagle's comfort level and history with Del Conte proved to be a decisive factor in the decision.

Early Monday, Texas announced Del Conte and David Pierce, the Longhorns' baseball coach since 2017, had made a mutual decision to part ways.

Speculation about Pierce's replacement led to Schlossnagle being asked in his post-game press conference in Omaha Monday night about his future at Texas A&M:

"I think it's pretty selfish of you to ask me that question, to be honest with you," Schlossnagle said. "I left my family to be the coach at Texas A&M. I took the job at Texas A&M to never take another job again, and that hasn't changed in my mind.

"That's unfair to talk about something like that. That would be like you asking [Braden] Montgomery if he's going to sign in the [MLB] draft. I understand you've got to ask the question, but I gave up a big part of my life to come take this job, and I poured every ounce of my soul in this job, and I've given this job every ounce I could possibly give it. Write that."